About the X:START WAIT USER RESPONSE

Rudel_chw

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows what is the purpose of the "FLAG BACK" argument? Is it a way for the user to make the training mission go back on its normal flow? If so, how does it work?

7GcDDCp.jpg

I don't know when this argument was added, but it seems to be something fairly new. Hopefully someone already knows how to make use of this.

Thanks,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello,

I've been testing this on my own and found that this new Flag Back parameter is set to true if the user presses the backspace key instead of the space bar .. this is a great news, as it makes possible to design training missions that could allow the user to repeat (or skip) some of its sections. Here is a short video of a prototype:

This is the main trigger:

3ahITEM.jpg

I'm attaching the test mission, for anyone that wishes to try it :thumbup:

Best regards,

Eduardo

Test WAIT USER RESPONSE (by Rudel_chw).miz

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Eduardo,

This is awesome...seems like it's also a much quicker way to offer mission branch options than the F10 Radio items.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

This is awesome...seems like it's also a much quicker way to offer mission branch options than the F10 Radio items.

Yes, however I discovered a small quirk: If on a START WAIT USER RESPONSE, I choose the Flag Back option, the Flag Continue condition remains active, and if on a following trigger I have a second START WAIT USER RESPONSE and then I choose the Flag Continue ... it will also turn true the Flag from the first such statement, messing with the flag logic.

The solution is to place a STOP WAIT USER RESPONSE as the first action to be performed after choosing either Flag Continue or Flag Back branches. It is kind of hard to explain with words alone, but I have implemented this logic on my previous example to show how it should be implemented.

Test WAIT USER RESPONSE v2 (by Rudel_chw).miz

That makes sense. I've been putting a STOP WAIT USER RESPONSE after every START WAIT USER RESPONSE (Flag Forward) just to keep things tidy.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

Hi,

My previous mission uploaded above, is just a simple proof of concept; but today I have been using this concept on a training mission that I'm editing for the A-4E. The mission attempts to teach several different aspects in one go, so I used this "Flag Back" feature to allow the user to skip parts of the training that he has already seen.

On this sample I skip first the autopilot lesson, and then skip the Doppler radar basics, until I get to the Navigation Computer lesson .. the mission is not finished yet, but it already shows promise :smartass:

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1