Enhanced Gamemaster Script: Zeus, but for DCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving your slick script!
    Would it be possible, for example, to have a command to start a Mig21_2 which has been set, in the mission editor, to "start from ramp" "uncontrolled" and has a triggered action "start Mig21_2"?

Comment

Originally posted by flick View Post
      Loving your slick script!
      Would it be possible, for example, to have a command to start a Mig21_2 which has been set, in the mission editor, to "start from ramp" "uncontrolled" and has a triggered action "start Mig21_2"?
      Hi, it's pretty late here, so I apologize beforehand if I misunderstood your question due to tiredness.

I understand that you want to spawn a MiG 21 on the ramp in an uncontrolled state and turn it on at a later time.
      There are three different ways to do this with the gamemaster script:

1. Method: Set the group up as late activated, start from ramp and uncontrolled in the mission editor (ME), then activate it ingame with the "-act" command (see Section 5.2 of the manual). The group will then spawn in an uncontrolled state. To turn it on you can use the "-ctrlon" command (see section 5.13).

2. Method: Set the group up the same as above, but ingame use the "-s" command (see section 5.1) instead to spawn it. You will have to add the parameter "-kt" to ensure that tasking of the group doesn't get overriden on spawn and "-op" to have the group spawn at the location you set it up at and not at your map marker. You can later turn the group on with the "-ctrlon" command.

3. Method: In the ME set the group up as late activated, but let it start in the air. Ingame you spawn it with the "-s" command but you add the parameter "-ground". The group then spawns in the air, at your map marker, but will then almost instantly respawn on the ramp and in an uncontrolled state, at the airbase nearest to your map marker. You can then turn it on with the "-ctrlon" command.

*Edit*
      I just reread your question now that I'm a little more awake...you want to spawn an uncontrolled MiG 21 and have it turn on automatically when an external condition is met (by use of a triggered action and a corresponding trigger that you have set up in the ME)

I must confess that I never really did much with these triggered actions you can set up in the groups tab of the ME. They should work though, as long as you use the "-act" command to spawn the group ingame.

Why the "-act" command and not "-s"? The "-act" command mirrors what happens when the ME trigger action "Group activate" is used, it just activates the group in the exact state that you have set it up with in the ME.

The "-s" command on the other hand uses the SPAWN class from MOOSE to create a copy of the group you have set up and then activates that copy. The copy that spawns has a modified group name and a different GroupID than the group you have created in the ME. In consequence it won't be affected by triggers that target the original group because as far as DCS is concerned it's a completely different group.
      Last edited 09-27-2020, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Hey man, thanks for the great work here. I took a look at the code and found it very easy to navigate and extend.

Since we're a big CTLD shop, I added three functions/commands in that:

1 - Allow you to spawn in a CTLD extractable group and specify the quantity.

2 - Allow you to spawn CTLD crates.

3 - Spawns a few different types of statics.

If you are interested in merging these, LMK and I'll send it over.

sigpic

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?
        Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.

Comment

Originally posted by fargo007 View Post
          If you are interested in merging these, LMK and I'll send it over.

Yes, please!

I just started coding my own command for the spawning of statics, but I'm very curious to see your code on that.

And I hadn't even thought about creating an integration with CTLD...nice!

Comment

PM Sent!

sigpic

Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.

Comment

Originally posted by fargo007 View Post
              PM Sent!

Hey, thanks for the scriptfile. I finally found the time to look at your additions.

Your approach is to use the marker commands to spawn the infantry groups and crates that are predefined in CTLD. Looking at this i had an idea for a different approach.
              What if I could instead make CTLD recognize Groups that have been spawned with the "-s" command and the "-cargo" parameter?

After a bit of testing i got it working for ground units. You can now, for example, spawn an infantry group from Gamemaster_Templates and load it as an extractable group with CTLD. All you have to do is use the "-cargo" parameter in the "-s" command. It works for both infantry and vehicles.

With regards to crates I will probably just merge your method into my script.

I have also made progress on my own command to spawn static units. It is currently possible to spawn duplicates of statics that you have already set up in the mission at the map marker. You can also choose the country and heading of the new static.

I will send you the new version of my script shortly, maybe you can give it a test run with your squadron?

The "official" update will be out sometime this weekend, once i've found time to update the manuals.
              Last edited 10-16-2020, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Hey folks, new version 2.1 out today!

Check out the changelog at the beginning of the thread!

Leider muss ich ank√ľndigen, dass das Deutsche Handbuch von mir nicht weiter gepflegt wird. Mir fehlt einfach die Zeit.

Comment

Most awesome Sir, it's good to work with you!

sigpic

Comment

This is something that should have been included in the basic ME from the start for us single player type people that enjoy the "Sandbox" type of enjoyment, thank you so much for sharing this.

Question: Using your template for spawning how does it determine which livery to use? is this selectable?

Question: I can't seem to make any helicopters land using the -lz command, is there more that needs to be set up before hand? using the ME path finding just makes them fly around in circles.
                    Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by monkie View Post
                      Question: Using your template for spawning how does it determine which livery to use? is this selectable?

Question: I can't seem to make any helicopters land using the -lz command, is there more that needs to be set up before hand? using the ME path finding just makes them fly around in circles.

The liveries are not specified in the template file, thus the game falls back to the default livery for the combination of plane and country you are spawning. You can not select liveries on spawn. I could in theory implement a method for players to specify a livery as a parameter for the "-s" command, but this would require me to research the names of all liveries currently in the game and which aircraft they can be applied to.

I tested the "-lz" command again in MP and SP but it worked for me. You should not have to setup anything beforehand, just enter the command and give the name of the helicopter group as parameter. Did you maybe have a typo in the group name when you entered the command? That's the most common error with commands that are directed at groups.

Comment

Aha, a learning moment for myself: First as far as liveries, I found that by creating a late activation group and pre-selecting the liveries for that group will allow the mission creator to specify which livery is present on spawn. For example I created a 2 ship CH53E group, picked the livery for them, checked "late activation" and named the group "ch53". Upon using the "-s-ch53" command the group spawns as the two ship in the pre-designated livery. The idea of you trying to include every livery in game isn't feasible and I think this is the option that is best suited for what I was requiring.

Second I did get the -lz command to work finally, the error I was making was assuming the group name was kept as "ch53" when it actually was "ch53#001". Once I realized that every time I created that same group the #xxx would increase by one. As a side note to that, I created an Infantry group called "inf" and after designating them as cargo the name shows as "inf#001#CARGO" however when issuing them commands they simply use the name "inf#001" and the #CARGO is omitted.

Thanks for the quick reply and helping me figure this one out, amazingly useful mod.

Click image for larger version  Name:	screen group.png Views:	0 Size:	148.1 KB ID:	7123601
                        Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Comment

Hey any way to add the scud launcher and the a10c II?

Comment

Originally posted by Hydro87_ View Post
                            Hey any way to add the scud launcher and the a10c II?
                            I'll add that to the to-do-list. I'm pretty busy in RL right now, so it might take one or two weeks before i get around to implementing it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cake/Sorbus View Post

I'll add that to the to-do-list. I'm pretty busy in RL right now, so it might take one or two weeks before i get around to implementing it, though.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Just started seeing some odd behavior when placing ground units. I will create a group of ground units, for example 4 T-72 tanks, I will name the group "T-72" and mark this as a late activation. When in game after I use the -s command to place them they will spawn but then immediately drive up right next to the #1 unit and then stop. I don't remember them doing this previously and I was hoping they would just stay in their initial spawn locations and not bunch up. If I issue them a -wp command they stay in the formation after stopping though, it's just the initial placement that they bunch up.

Comment

monkie Tested this and can confirm your observations for OpenBeta, in Stable everything still works as intended. Guess they changed something about unit behaviour with the latest OB patch, maybe this is a consequence of the fix they did for the disembarking of units. I will try to find a workaround but can't make any promises.

Comment

Thanks it's not a game breaking issue, moving with the WP command corrects it but thanks for looking at it if you get a chance.

Comment

Hello,

Is it in plan, or - if not - would it be possible, to add the message to the user executing command in the situation when template or group used in command is not created/not found?
                                      Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------
                                      AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Oculus Rift

Comment

Originally posted by Pipok View Post
                                        Hello,

Is it in plan, or - if not - would it be possible, to add the message to the user executing command in the situation when template or group used in command is not created/not found?
                                        That would be included in the feedback system I have planned (see the section about planned features in my release post).
                                        Due to a bug in the scripting engine it is currently not possible for the script to know which player issued a command. Any feedback messages would therefore have to be visible to all players on the server. The resulting loss of immersion is why I have decided not to implement this feature at this time.

Comment

Working...
                                        X