Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Set group ROE on trigger

TheTrooper

Hi does anyone know if there is a way to switch or set an AI groups ROE? I thought maybe AI TASK SET or AI TASK PUSH. Can't get any of these options to work though,.

-----------------------------------------------

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

Hi does anyone know if there is a way to switch or set an AI groups ROE? I thought maybe AI TASK SET or AI TASK PUSH. Can't get any of these options to work though,.

You can do it through the ME if you want. If you want to change the ROE on a waypoint (Ingress Point, for example), you can use the Advanced Waypoint Actions (I think it's under Set Option). Otherwise, you can use the AI Task Push. For that, you'll have to create the actual AI Task for that Group (one of the tabs next to where you set the weapons for the group), and then reference that action in the dropdown of the AI Task Push in the trigger menu.

If that's confusing, let me know, and I can try to post some pictures when I'm in front of my computer.

I'd recommend against Advanced Waypoint Actions for toggling ROE. They are specific to location rather than condition.

The third tab in the group menu (the same place you find Advanced Waypoint Actions) is called Triggered Actions.

Click Add -> Set Option - > ROE -> WEAPONS HOLD

Click Add -> Set Option -> ROE -> WEAPONS FREE

At WP0 use Advanced Waypoint Actions to set the desired starting state for your flight.

Now, you can use any normal trigger condition to adjust the flight's ROE using AI TASK PUSH

• 7 months later...
yes but ive not done via the ME. If you have Moose then I can show you that code.

SET task puts it to the top of the queue, push on puts it in the queue and this can be confusing. Still confuses me.

How would you do this is Moose? I am assuming Group:OptionROE?

Like:

changegroup = GROUP:FindByName('attackgroup')
changegroup:OptionROE(WeaponFree)

Could something be done with a set pre-fix? So like all groups with prefix 'Attack' could be changed at once?