Throttle startup, shut down question

Sn8ke

Just ordered the throttle, watched Redkite’s YouTube review which explained there is a button function for engine shutdown, but no function for rolling out of shutdown to idle detent. My question for those who have the throttle, during the engine startup in the Hornet, when you physically move the throttle from shutdown to idle detent, does the in-sim throttle do the same, or must you assign a keyboard binding? Thanks.

Edited by davidzill

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

It behaves exactly like the tm warthog, the idle detents are really each a button push. You assign the idle/off function to each. The in sim throttle acts accordingly just make sure you set afterburner detent to always off, as they are NOT recognized as button pushes, just the idle detent itself, hence behaves just like the Tm warthog...except WAYY better IMO. Hope this helps

Edit: yes you physically move the throttle during startup/shutdown just to be clear

Just ordered the throttle, watched Redkite’s YouTube review which explained there is a button function for engine shutdown, but no function for rolling out of shutdown to idle detent. My question for those who have the throttle, during the engine startup in the Hornet, when you physically move the throttle from shutdown to idle detent, does the in-sim throttle do the same, or must you assign a keyboard binding? Thanks.

You assign the left throttle and right throttle to their respective Idle Cutoff bindings in DCS!

I'll grab a screen shot tonight

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Screen shot showing Idle Cutoff bindings

2052398342_DCSIdleDetent.thumb.JPG.8aec64e83a976f1eab8094714b003f7b.JPG

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir