Throttle startup, shut down question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle startup, shut down question

Just ordered the throttle, watched Redkite’s YouTube review which explained there is a button function for engine shutdown, but no function for rolling out of shutdown to idle detent. My question for those who have the throttle, during the engine startup in the Hornet, when you physically move the throttle from shutdown to idle detent, does the in-sim throttle do the same, or must you assign a keyboard binding? Thanks.
    Last edited 10-15-2020, 08:09 PM.
    Asus ROG Maximus X Apex
    Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz / Liquid cooled (Kraken X62)
    32GB DDR4 RAM 3200ghz
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    Acer X5280HK G-SYNC 4K Monitor
    ASUS Essence STX II Sound Card
    Samsung 960 Pro M.2 PCI-E SSD 2TB
    Windows 10 Professional 64
    Latest drivers

It behaves exactly like the tm warthog, the idle detents are really each a button push. You assign the idle/off function to each. The in sim throttle acts accordingly just make sure you set afterburner detent to always off, as they are NOT recognized as button pushes, just the idle detent itself, hence behaves just like the Tm warthog...except WAYY better IMO. Hope this helps

Edit: yes you physically move the throttle during startup/shutdown just to be clear

Comment

Originally posted by davidzill View Post
      Just ordered the throttle, watched Redkite’s YouTube review which explained there is a button function for engine shutdown, but no function for rolling out of shutdown to idle detent. My question for those who have the throttle, during the engine startup in the Hornet, when you physically move the throttle from shutdown to idle detent, does the in-sim throttle do the same, or must you assign a keyboard binding? Thanks.

You assign the left throttle and right throttle to their respective Idle Cutoff bindings in DCS!

I'll grab a screen shot tonight
      Obutto Ozone
      i9-9900K @ 5.1 - delided, Gigabyte Aorus Elite MB

64gig G-Skill DDR4@3600
      MSI 2080Ti, Corsair H150i Pro water cooler

Winwing Super Taurus, Super Libra, TO and Combat panels
      MFG Crosswind pedals
      Tek Creations panels

HP reverb & TrackIr

Comment

Screen shot showing Idle Cutoff bindings
        Attached Files