Combined arms in VR is unplayable in first person

Acherat

Due to the fact that the game does not track headsets movement in gunner and driver roles, looks like rendering uses the same for hud as pancake mode, but is rendering in VR. I have recorded a video to show exactly what happens. Please fix it, because CA is very good way to play DCS in multiplayer, however, I don't want to switch VR on and off every time I need to use vehicles. Isometric view works fine, that's the only way to use CA in VR right now, however, you can't really aim with it.

https://youtu.be/OqWh4ledboM

In the video, I'm moving my head but it keeps rendering the same position.

We would need the head tracking enabled, so we can look around, but the mask should be fixed to the aim of the gun, not to headset. The best way to do it is probably implemented in War Thunder. Your turning position is fixed to the chassis of the vehicle. This is good because it's much less motion sickening than if it would be if your position was fixed to the turret.

I think if you search the forums you'll find that VR is not supported and there are no plans for VR to be supported for CA.

I agree - I would love to have this option too because I would love to switch from inflight to CA and then back again myself without having to exit the game, and reload 2D - but it sounds as though this will not be happening.

I think if you search the forums you'll find that VR is not supported and there are no plans for VR to be supported for CA.

I agree - I would love to have this option too because I would love to switch from inflight to CA and then back again myself without having to exit the game, and reload 2D - but it sounds as though this will not be happening.

+1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Once I went VR, I haven't touched CA... Would be great if VR support was added, but alas, not on the roadmap.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control