How to Move View Back (VR)

Delareon

Just installed the Game and fired it up.

But the Position of the Pilot is almost on the front panel (in VR at least, cant tell about non VR Views).

I know how to move the seat up and down but is there a way to move the pilot backwards?

Drop your chin to your chest, and press the button you have bound to recenter the VR view. It will not recenter the view directly down as many think - it does however move you "back in the seat" and achieves what you are after.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Right CTRL + NUM PAD /

Right CTRL + NUM PAD *

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Right CTRL + NUM PAD /

Right CTRL + NUM PAD *

That works for VR?

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Yeah, I am just doubting which controls it is because it's muscle memory for me :)

Might be right CTRL+SHIFT + Num * and /

And to save it, it's right ALT + Num 0

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

I just lean forward, and then recenter my VR view. Sometimes I have to do that a view times to line up perfectly with the nose of the aircraft, but this will get you farther away from the HUD.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

All of that, is why I simply drop my chin to my chest and press VR recenter keybind. Works perfect every time and only have to do it once, upon entering the aircraft.

Cheers,

Ziptie

@Taz1004: These shortcuts are a pain to figure out while wearing the VR headset though ;)

Saving the view works even if you restart DCS so I don't have to readjust it often. And pressing recenter will bring it back to this saved position.

Your method works too but that actually doesn't get saved so you have to do it every time. :smoke:

Edited by Taz1004

The VR recenter keybind is a must for every cockpit based VR game. If you fire up the game with your HMD somewhere (at the table, on your lap or on your head) it always takes this position first to set it as standard position. The typical routine is to start the game, put the HMD on, look forward and press VR recenter when the menu is completely loaded.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you use VoiceAtteck it is perfect for this sort of VR problem.

Here is a small profile you can add to adjust your viewpoint (seat position)

You just say " Move seat [up/down/left/right/forward/back] - [1 ~10]" (steps)

If you don't say a number of steps it defaults to 10 with a "stop here" option

There is also a save and a restore command included.

Adjust seat position-Profile.vap

Edited by Terry Dactil
File re-uploaded

On 9/30/2020 at 3:32 PM, Taz1004 said:

It's actually

Then to save that view,

You can also use below for quick move back.

I tried this, and all that happened was everything got blurry.  I didn't save, so how do I get rid of these settings?  Before, the screen was nice and sharp.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

On 12/7/2020 at 2:01 AM, Terry Dactil said:

Adjust seat position.vap 3.3 kB · 14 downloads

I'm new to VoiceAttack.  How do I add this to the command list?  What key settings and voice commands would you use?

Thanks,

SLAG

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, TWC_SLAG said:

I tried this, and all that happened was everything got blurry.  I didn't save, so how do I get rid of these settings?  Before, the screen was nice and sharp.

Those are just default DCS keys for moving camera positions.  It's not settings.  Pressing all of them makes everything blurry?  How to you get rid of it if you didn't save it?  It reverts to default if you DON'T save it.

If you're really asking for help, you need to be more specific on what you've done and show what it looks like.

Edited by Taz1004

On 12/14/2020 at 1:47 PM, TWC_SLAG said:

I'm new to VoiceAttack.  How do I add this to the command list?  What key settings and voice commands would you use?

1. Save the .vap file in a folder somewhere memorable on your computer like Voice Attack/Profiles so you can find it again.
  2. Start Voice Attack and open the current profile by clicking the 'pencil in a square' icon or with ALT + E
  3. Click on the "Import Commands" box down in the bottom left corner.
  4. Find the .vap file where you put it; select and click "Open"
  5. Choose all the commands individually or with "Select All" then click "Import"
  6. That's all done now.  Double click on any of the new commands to edit or see all the details.
  7. DCS default move camera view key settings are used, so you do not have to bind any keys yourself.

On 12/15/2020 at 5:41 AM, Terry Dactil said:
  1. Save the .vap file in a folder somewhere memorable on your computer like Voice Attack/Profiles so you can find it again.
  2. Start Voice Attack and open the current profile by clicking the 'pencil in a square' icon or with ALT + E
  3. Click on the "Import Commands" box down in the bottom left corner.
  4. Find the .vap file where you put it; select and click "Open"
  5. Choose all the commands individually or with "Select All" then click "Import"
  6. That's all done now.  Double click on any of the new commands to edit or see all the details.
  7. DCS default move camera view key settings are used, so you do not have to bind any keys yourself.

The .vap file gets saved as a text file that is in code.  Is that right?

Looks like some of your assignments conflict with some I already have.  Could you print out the names of the commands and the assignment for each?  Then, maybe I can add them with assignments that don't conflict with mine.  Told you I was new to this.  🙂

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Terry,

OK. I got through step 3, but in trying to OPEN in step 4, I get a message saying the file is an unknown type or is damaged.

TWC_SLAG

Will do.

TWC_SLAG

On 12/7/2020 at 5:01 PM, Terry Dactil said:

Adjust seat position-Profile.vap 3.74 kB · 2 downloads

Hello. I took a look at the .vap. Looks good to me except I couldn't get the "Saying "stop seat" to halt" to work (i could have been doing it wrong). I have a Valve Index. Idk if it's the headset, or what, but NumPad5 does not recenter my headset. I use the "Recenter VR Heaset" keybind that can be found in the "UI Layer" of the DCS Controls menu dropdown option.

I too would use a .vap like this, but for some planes, if you move the VR head around, other things get outta wack (like the A10 HMD stuff). I have also found out that if I set a 3D VR head position, then launch DCS in 2D, and then go back to VR, the VR head position is reset. Unfortunately I do this too often. A solution would be making a .vap that saves the VR head values on a per-aircraft basis. I would then be able to call up the specific aircraft movement parameters when I get in the cockpit.

Overall nice .vap 🙂