Right half of right eye glitching black on SC deck only

SneakyBastd

The right half of my right eye is glitching black as I pan around, but only on the deck of the supercarrier. This was fine before the last patch - never seen this problem before. Anyone else getting this or know why?

Once airborne, or spawning literally anywhere else, the game renders perfectly.

Pimax 5k+, max FoV.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

Tried it again today - and could not reproduce the glitch. SRS overlay was still up.

But it was happening consistently for several days beforehand. However, most of the decks I spawned on were empty today - only my jet. It might have something to do with statics or other jets on the deck? I'll try more servers after work and let you know.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

• ED Team

Thanks for letting me know, hopefully will stay of for you, if not please post again with a track replay I will try to reproduce

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for letting me know, hopefully will stay of for you, if not please post again with a track replay I will try to reproduce

This is the issue I (Folgers) DM'd you about the other day. I was experimenting with it and it might indeed have to do with statics on the deck as it happens when i look toward certain static objects.

• ED Team

Yes chatting with him about it, I can not reproduce on my vive cosmos.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I have had other testers check but also unable to reproduce.

It is a strange one for sure

• ED Team
I have had this using Steam VR, so it's not WMR specific. I will try to reproduce it and get a track.

Thanks for letting us know

• 4 weeks later...

It's a common issue. Got the same problem myself with a Vive Pro. Very annoying and destroys immersion.

Easy 'fix' though, if you can stand the drop in quality. Just disable MSAA and restart DCS.

See link below. I agree with Hammer1-1 on this one:

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=276635

• 2 weeks later...

Same for me. Really annoying.

Happens only on the deck of the SC.

Had this problem month ago in the F16 single mission "island style" during startup with all those AI flight starting around you.

I'm using the Valve index on RTX2080ti.

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

I've been experiencing the same issue with the latest OB 2.5.6.55960 on SC and other locations

I'll quote below my message I posted on the other 3d related to this issue:

VR issues 2.5.6.50321

I'm using an HP reverb and I have sometimes the black flickering box on the right eye when certain light condition exists.

1. It was very evident on Piercing Fury mission 15 when taxing from Kobuleti at night in front of the apron flood lights (flickering as you pass them)

2. Pretty much anytime I turned on the cockpit flood light to any percentage (A10C).

3. Taking off at night while the runway flood lights are turned on automatically. As soon as you move away from them the flickering stops

4. I also experience this on the SC deck.

I noticed that in Piercing Fury mission 15 when flying away from any airport or objective, turning on the cockpit flood light didn't cause the issue so maybe it's related to GPU/CPU usage coupled with dynamic lighting?

BIGNEWY you have any update on this issue?

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

• 1 month later...

Confirmed this is still happening for me on latest OB. On supercarrier or in F16 instant action refuel mission if I turn on external flashing lights. Also in A10c2 with anti-collision lights on. Confirmed gone or very muted with MSAA set to off...running 2080ti WMR reverb G1.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I also reproduced the issue this evening, for both eyes, when parked on the SC with the reverb G2.

Multiplayer, f-18C, on the SC with 4, 5 other hornet.

Playing with the canopy at the end of the mission, the occurence of flickering diminished when it was up but still happened.

I tried collapsing the mirror, and it apparently stopped.

Capture.JPG

EDIT: Exactly this too :

Edited by Anubis_94
  • Like 1

Try changing the MSAA Mask size in the VR tab. I changed mine from 40 to 60 and the flashing went away.  My flashing was just like yours. It seemed to be tied to MSAA and some of the lighting effects. I have MSAA on 2X and with the change in mask size all seems ok.  The cockpit flood light in the A10CII would really get my setup glitching. HP Reverb G2 and 3090.