Massive FPS drops in MP

mtd2811

Since yesterdays patch my VR game is bad! Really bad!

10fps or less from 40 in GAW, PGAW , TTI ...! Anyone else?

Also noticed massive hangs/freezes , rubber-banding.

Ps: yes i deleted the fxo metashaders etc so thats not the issue

Rift S , 32gb , i7 , 1080

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi,

i suggest you to try a "light" server as "Cold War" ( not so much AI than others , and few RAM needed) but many people.

this the only one where i can play VR,

and one of the best server ;-)

Thanks but i would like to enjoy the servers I prefer.

This is an update issue in my view. The latest patch from what I can tell has an impact on MP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure !

The aim of such a test is to test VR in MP on a 'light' server

If it isn't playable on a simple server,

it should be the first problem to solve in your case.

You ask for some experience of other players

Here is my experience :

- no problem on "light" server with many people connected for now

- can't play on 'big' server

Edited by fab.13

I can confirm that I am seeing the same issue in MP servers of low or high player count. The only time I get playable fps in when I am out over the ocean away from other players. starting at any airbase with others around slams fps to the 20's to low 30's and fluctuates a lot. I went and played on stable since i have both installed and even in higher player count servers of 20 or 30+ I am seeing a pretty stable 45fps in reprojection mode. There are some small dips here and there but nothing bad. I think it is the lighting changes they are making in open beta causing most of the issue. I noticed way more atmospheric occlusion and haze which I believe has the same effect as when you fly through clouds or a players smoke trail and get fps drops. They may be using the same method to reproduce the total map haze that is not found in the stable version since when i played last night for 3 hours the map was clear and then went to beta and tried 3 servers all had the same haze and occlusion effect along with terrible fps. The new lighting does make it feel more realistic but at a cost I think. Maybe it has to do with something else though. I am just guessing here.

My PC is not weak either, so that should not be the issue.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Not only FPS has suffered but once it hit 30 players or more then warping was everywhere. No matter light or not the mission in the server but tbh this need to be further testing.

I'm on flat screen btw and sorry for not specifically help your problem.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze