VR issue on MP with 2.5.6 OB

guimcdo

Hey,

Yesterday tonight, on a multiplayer mission, 3 or us have a DCS crash at the same time, while other ones continue to play. These 3 users were in VR, one with an oculus rift S, other one with a pimax 5k+ and me with a reverb.

Only DCS has crashed, VR layer continue to work (steam VR and mixed reality portal for me).

Mission in caucasus, 9 ka-50 and 1 Sa-342 Gazelle

There are strange things for VR players since the new 2.5.6, see enclosed my crash file

Thanks for your support

dcs.log-20200323-205924.zip

if you have downloaded the newest NVIDIA drivers 445.75 or 445.78 hotfix, they (NVIDIA) left out the support for VR DCS World. please report this to NVIDIA drivers issue forums.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

What missing support exactly are you referring to?

The VR application control settings is missing.

I rolled back to 442.74 and got my FPS back now its back to normal.

I tried 445.75 and 445.78 and they tank the VR FPS setting.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

The VR application control settings is missing.

I rolled back to 442.74 and got my FPS back now its back to normal.

I tried 445.75 and 445.78 and they tank the VR FPS setting.

Over the last 2 years I've been told a few times by Nvidia that setting adjustments in NCP, Manage 3D settings has no impact on Oculus. This is due to Oculus not being allowed by Oculus to be a device in the Nvidia Control Panel.

So is this a setting that has come out since 442.50 and where is it supposed to help?

Edited by fitness88

Over the last 2 years I've been told a few times by Nvidia that setting adjustments in NCP, Manage 3D settings has no impact on Oculus. This is due to Oculus not being allowed by Oculus to be a device in the Nvidia Control Panel.

So is this a setting that has come out since 442.50 and where is it supposed to help?

Then 442.74 is as far as I can go, because anything up from there causes my FPS to tank. It’s Nvidia so not sure what to say.