VR perfomance SLIGHTLY better

Cintra

Still same low 15-20FPS in Multiplayer...

Rift CV1, 4790K@4.4Ghz, 1080Ti, 32GB RAM, NVME, PD 1.5, low graphics settings...

:cry:

Do you use OculusTray tool?

Creator & Developer of XSAF ::An AI model that wants to kill you, and needs no help from humans.

Discord: PravusJSB#9484   twitch.tv/pravusjsb  https://www.patreon.com/XSAF  https://discord.gg/pC9EBe8vWU https://bmc.link/johnsbeaslu

Work with me on Fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com/pravusjsb

With yesterday’s patch I can almost hit my 2.5.5 frame rates if I lower PD from 1.5 to 1.3. Everything else is set to high, no shadows, MSAA 2. Still not where it was but now playable.

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

+1

2.5.6 provided on March 20 feel in progress in VR mode

We encourage ED to continue this work on Open Beta.

I think we shoud have to redo performance tests we made,

and give them again to ED team if tests results are not good enough.

Placebo.... I also noticed a nice fps boost until I looked over at Nellis and it looked like a jaggy mess. The cause of the fps boost was my msaa got turned off. Changed it back to 2x and afaik it is the same. One thing I learned is after a update always reboot. I no longer delete and rebuild the shaders as I have never noticed any change.

Mine ran better overall last night but about every 2-3 min it goes into a stutter cycle for a blink and then returns. Almost like it’s dumping or compiling some data then moves on. My drive has plenty of room and plenty of system ram but dunno.

Fwiw all bets are off around an F18. If I get close things get goofy!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Still absolutely terrible! And I remember when we were told to look forward to an approx. 50% increase in VR performance. At this rate. it'll be an exponential decrease

PC spec: i9 9900KS @ 5.1ghz, 32GB RAM, 2 TB NVME M2, RTX 3090

Peripherals: TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Rift S, Custom UFC

• 2 weeks later...

The thing ive noticed that REALLY hammers the frames is any static AI, especially on the stennis. Changing msaa, shadows, textures, visability range, etc, doesnt effect it much for me.....but any static AI and it cuts the frames in half. Something weird going on with what the AI does to the cpu.

Performance is way worse for me as well. I gave up on openbeta for now. Running stable and it is night and day better. I fly in a server on stable that often has over 30 people and it runs fine. In openbeta even with just me in a server it is a mess. Worse than before the last patch.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

2.5.6 is flyable on my rig with low settings and 2.0 PD. I still get random frame drops. Windows perf-mon shows PLENTY of room so it's not my hardware. When I get frame drops my gpu plummets, not spikes like you'd expect. ...almost like the decoder stream dies or something.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS X570-PLUS, NVidia RTX 2080, 32GB DDR4 @2400MHz, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Corsair H100i cooler, Oculus Rift S.

2.5.6 is flyable on my rig with low settings and 2.0 PD. I still get random frame drops. Windows perf-mon shows PLENTY of room so it's not my hardware. When I get frame drops my gpu plummets, not spikes like you'd expect. ...almost like the decoder stream dies or something.

2.0 PD is quite a lot with a Rift S, you could maybe add some more eye candy by reducing that.

I run 1.3 with my Rift S and am pleased with it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I don't know what happend, but my performance went to hell in VR.

pd at 1.0, msaa x2 (i can't stand it in off)

In the air its "playable" but on the ground its a stutter fest

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2