VR ans zoom view axis

Frag

Hi guys, as you know, the VR headsets are quite low resolutions compared to screens.

I am using it a lot with the screen and my trackIR to zoom on gauges and MFD. I have set a rotary knobs on my cougar hotas which is linked to "ZOOM VIEW".

But to my suprise it does not work in VR!!!!! How to you guys zoom you view on gauges and targets? Am I missing something?

Hi guys, as you know, the VR headsets are quite low resolutions compared to screens.

I am using it a lot with the screen and my trackIR to zoom on gauges and MFD. I have set a rotary knobs on my cougar hotas which is linked to "ZOOM VIEW".

But to my suprise it does not work in VR!!!!! How to you guys zoom you view on gauges and targets? Am I missing something?

If you need to zoom in vr you have to map "Zoom VR" in dcs planes commands

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

I mapped the zoom in the GUI sub-section in the menu at the far left , where aircraft are listed .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Not "zoom in" but "zoom vr". You can search "VR" in command to find it easily. Not in aircrafts commands , not general but in UI Layer... Activate Zoom VR and Center headset VR

Capture.PNG.c42ae79a4edec7fdc52f3de513d76183.PNG

Edited by paradox64

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

• 1 month later...

This does zoom, but, it's not comparible to 2d zoom, which offers finer degree of control, and is bind able to an axis. It also introduces some visual distortion that some may find uncomfortable...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

If you are using TARGET script you can do this (read through to the end):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=268491

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 7 months later...

All layouts for my HOTAS (Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS) that I've seen bind the zoom to the rocker on the front of the throttle, for example https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309664/. I can't use that in VR, but it's very important to have it because VR displays aren't high enough resolution to read cockpit text comfortably or see far away planes.

I don't want VR zoom to work as an axis, that would probably be nauseating. Ideally I would be able to set it up so that pushing it far enough right would trigger regular zoom and left would be the telescope zoom.

If you are using TARGET script you can do this (read through to the end):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=268491

That looks like something that would take me an hour or two to piece together what needs to be done, figure out how it applies to my HOTAS and figure out why it doesn't work when it inevitably doesn't work. I want to learn to fly virtual planes not learn how to configure joysticks. But thanks for the workaround.

Being able to read text is really essential for this game, I would really appreciate if this could be built in.