VRFree

AlexCaboose

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 6 months later...
On 10/22/2020 at 8:57 PM, AlexCaboose said:

I had seen that. Was wondering if anyone had any up to date experience with it. I'm very tempted to purchase them.

Hello Alex - It's been a while since this was posted but we are just now going through all VRfree-related Reddit comments to clarify some of the things said. That is: we're committed to bringing an intuitive, immersive cockpit interaction to all flightsims. So: Here is a new video of the current state of functionality in DCS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5S5VyKY494&t=3s&ab_channel=Sensoryx  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sensoryx - VRfree said:

Hello Alex - It's been a while since this was posted but we are just now going through all VRfree-related Reddit comments to clarify some of the things said. That is: we're committed to bringing an intuitive, immersive cockpit interaction to all flightsims. So: Here is a new video of the current state of functionality in DCS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5S5VyKY494&t=3s&ab_channel=Sensoryx  

The cost to the consumer if quite high in my humble opinion. Or at least the exchange rate to the currency I use (GBP) is high (As of today 750 CHF = 589.87063 GBP)

Regards,

Paul "Dodge / LondonLad"

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, Thrustmaster Warthog (Joystick (Backup) + Throttles),VPC WarBRD-D Base,VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC ACE Interceptor Pedals, VKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset & Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset + TrackIR

Group: DCAF

2 hours ago, Dodge said:

The cost to the consumer if quite high in my humble opinion. Or at least the exchange rate to the currency I use (GBP) is high (As of today 750 CHF = 589.87063 GBP)

Dodge - yes, it is high - the components in the gloves are quite expensive (and as of recently became more expensive due to supply shortages) as they have their own 3D tracking (no vive trackers etc needed). We use >25 IMUs per set, several microprocessors, transducers, optical sensors and more. The majority of other VR gloves have no 3D tracking... We will work hard on developing a more affordable retail version, but that will take some time.

1 hour ago, Sensoryx - VRfree said:

Dodge - yes, it is high - the components in the gloves are quite expensive (and as of recently became more expensive due to supply shortages) as they have their own 3D tracking (no vive trackers etc needed). We use >25 IMUs per set, several microprocessors, transducers, optical sensors and more. The majority of other VR gloves have no 3D tracking... We will work hard on developing a more affordable retail version, but that will take some time.

I really appreciate the response, and do understand the reasons. While I am attracted to the product on offer I am finding the cost difficult to justify at this time. I look forward in seeing developments in the near future - I'll be watching and could well be a future customer 🙂

Regards,

Paul "Dodge / LondonLad"

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, Thrustmaster Warthog (Joystick (Backup) + Throttles),VPC WarBRD-D Base,VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC ACE Interceptor Pedals, VKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset & Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset + TrackIR

Group: DCAF