Virpil Throttle creates bug in DCS

Brainfreeze

Hi,

came across an issue with the MT-50CM2 throttle from Virpil.

I use it with 5 way mode enabled in order that my 6 led change color and help me remember which mode I am in (Navigation/combat etc) because I use the mode selector as a modifier in DCS.

For example, in mode 4, the T4 button will have a function associated to the radar range while in mode 1 it will be used to lower or raise the seat.

I assigned the mode1-5 buttons to windows logical buttons 85-89.

However, in DCS when I fly and switch to any mode from mode 1 the PC's keyboard will no longer work (esc key not even working) and most of the stick buttons also become inoperable.

Any idea what is going on?

RESOLVED - I stopped using the position of the mode selector as a modifier in DCS and mapped the buttons directly in VIRPIL software for each mode (by default only the 6 led lit buttons are mapped). No more conflict.

• Like 1

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

came across an issue with the MT-50CM2 throttle from Virpil.

I use it with 5 way mode enabled in order that my 6 led change color and help me remember which mode I am in (Navigation/combat etc) because I use the mode selector as a modifier in DCS.

For example, in mode 4, the T4 button will have a function associated to the radar range while in mode 1 it will be used to lower or raise the seat.

I assigned the mode1-5 buttons to windows logical buttons 85-89.

However, in DCS when I fly and switch to any mode from mode 1 the PC's keyboard will no longer work (esc key not even working) and most of the stick buttons also become inoperable.

Any idea what is going on?

RESOLVED - I stopped using the position of the mode selector as a modifier in DCS and mapped the buttons directly in VIRPIL software for each mode (by default only the 6 led lit buttons are mapped). No more conflict.

That's a good story!!

It makes me think that all these Joystick companies like to write their software to over-ride the keyboard input when inside a game, probably by using something like Game Mode/Direct X/OpenGL/Vulcan calls sniffers in their software. The X-52 from Logitech does that too but I can't remember if the keyboard stopped working altogether.