Virpil Service reponse time?

THXT01A

Hi all,

I'm curious as to the response time of Virpil support requests as of late? It seemed like they were excellent 2019 (one of the reasons I bought the T50-CM2 base), but really fell off in the beginning on 2020 (pre-covid) with multiple owners claiming enormous response times for tickets.

While flying last week, my CM2 broke so that buttons only register if I'm pushing the stick forward. My heart sank thinking that I'd be without it for months, but when I opened a ticket I got a response in a day for a few follow up items. I was impressed and replied quickly, but since then, I haven't heard anything.

Are other owners experiencing quick response times, or am I in for a long wait...?

Sticks

I recently had an issue with my T50 grip. Usually it was 2 to 3 days after my e-mails got sent before I received a reply. However, once I decided to send it in for repair it took a week or so before I got the invoice. On a happy note, DHL came to my house, picked up the box on a Friday, and it was at Virpil's doorstep on Monday. Took about a week for the repair to be completed and it's on it's way back to Virginia via FedEx.

Reponse times have got longer as of late

The new pre-order system has created a lot of work for the support staff due to a large number of "karens" emailing support asking about how long until my pre-order gets dispatched, so real genuine support issues get lost amongst the whining

Hopefully an automated system will be deployed to handle pre-order dates

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Last month I contacted support and got no response for 2 weeks until they wanted to charge my card for a preorder and I mentioned it.

This month I needed a new USB cable and they got back to me in only a day or two, but then said they would send me an invoice to pay for the cable. That was a week ago.

I have just bought the parts to fix it myself rather than wait however long it takes to let me pay, then another week or so for it to arrive.

Then I'll have a spare too.

This was why I suggested they create a spare parts section of the web shop for simple things like cables but they shot it down as too hard or impossible.

Edited by Ashcroft

i9 10900X & 5700XT

VPC WarBRD, TM F18C, VPC Alpha, VPC T50CM2 Throttle, TM TFRP Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Hi all,

I'm curious as to the response time of Virpil support requests as of late? It seemed like they were excellent 2019 (one of the reasons I bought the T50-CM2 base), but really fell off in the beginning on 2020 (pre-covid) with multiple owners claiming enormous response times for tickets.

While flying last week, my CM2 broke so that buttons only register if I'm pushing the stick forward. My heart sank thinking that I'd be without it for months, but when I opened a ticket I got a response in a day for a few follow up items. I was impressed and replied quickly, but since then, I haven't heard anything.

Are other owners experiencing quick response times, or am I in for a long wait...?

Sticks

I had this exact same issue recently. It was about a 2 week turnaround from when I contacted Virpil until I had a brand new cable in my hands. It was an easy fix. The problem is a defective cable in the base not the stick. My stick is functioning fine now. It took me about 5 minutes to fix the problem once I had the cable. You may be just waiting for them to have replacement cables in stock.

I had this exact same issue recently. It was about a 2 week turnaround from when I contacted Virpil until I had a brand new cable in my hands. It was an easy fix. The problem is a defective cable in the base not the stick. My stick is functioning fine now. It took me about 5 minutes to fix the problem once I had the cable. You may be just waiting for them to have replacement cables in stock.

Yeah same with me, same issue just last month. It took 3 business days to hear back and another week for the new cable to get to me. Just under two weeks from ticket open to stick fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea they're a bit slow but it appears to be just because it's busy. I had some funky issues with my new throttle and the time from creating the call to solving the problem was 26 days.

Initial response took a week which was the basic 'give purchase data / owner info'

Then a few more days for the techie, add some more time waiting on a programmer and a troubleshooting back and forth to get on 26 days.

What I keep hearing is that it is indeed a 'Karen' problem.

They are more than a bit slow. Over the last 6 months or so, I have had to contact Virpil on quite a few issues, and I can safely say that the response time is appalling. What tends to happen is you raise a ticket, get a response, get asked a simple question, respond immediately, and then wait and wait between 1 and 3 weeks for a further response from Virpil and so it goes on. It can take months to resolve issues that would be solved by a quick phone call or quick response.

Then, if it can't be solved by text, you have to arrange for the item to go back to Lithuania and that took a week or so to organise, a week to get there, a week or two back at the factory and and another week to get back to you.

I love Virpil products, but I get VERY frustrated dealing with their support framework.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

They are more than a bit slow. Over the last 6 months or so, I have had to contact Virpil on quite a few issues, and I can safely say that the response time is appalling. What tends to happen is you raise a ticket, get a response, get asked a simple question, respond immediately, and then wait and wait between 1 and 3 weeks for a further response from Virpil and so it goes on. It can take months to resolve issues that would be solved by a quick phone call or quick response.

Then, if it can't be solved by text, you have to arrange for the item to go back to Lithuania and that took a week or so to organise, a week to get there, a week or two back at the factory and and another week to get back to you.

I love Virpil products, but I get VERY frustrated dealing with their support framework.

I finally got around to upgrading my 12+ year old PC and can finally run DCS at a decent framerate. It's been over 10 years since I've simmed and am looking for a good replacement for my gameport CH devices. I've been doing a lot of research and the devices from VKB and Virpil have really caught my eye. However, there are more than a few stories regarding support like yours that have me concerned. Wait time for order fulfilment is another factor. It's great that business is good for Virpil and I get it that every company has its pros/cons but I don't feel like taking a chance with their products right now, especially at that price point. I'm still looking at other options but right now am leaning towards an updated CH setup and save the boutique brands for the next upgrade. I hope you have continued good fortune with your repaired Virpil rig.

I have to agree with imacken on this. I've been waiting 3 weeks since they diagnosed the issue and have said "we'll send you the invoice." Before that they would ask a simple question, and when I'd respond immediately they'd wait about 3-4 days before asking me another simple question just to show that they responded, but not solving anything or furthering the support process at all. I actually got an email from the shipping carrier many weeks ago. Virpil had created a shipping label, and carrier is now waiting for them to deliver an item. It's mind boggling.