No announcement yet.

Interactive Kneeboard Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Interactive Kneeboard extension option comes with plugin update 2.5.23.
    This is in final stage of preparation atm, aimed for release by end of this month.
    There is no spoon.

sigpic

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World
    www.vaicompro.com

Comment

Great news Hollywood_315
      Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S

Comment

Do you know if this will play nice with Alaskangrizzly's kneeboard builder or not?

Comment

I am not 100% certain but think they are different things. I used both kneeboard builder and a scratchpad kneeboard while flying into which I can add text using VA commands. I believe it is this latter one which Vaicom will replicate (the picture in post #1 of this thread certainly looks like it)
          Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S

Comment

Very much looking forward to this. Good luck on its development. Take my money

Comment

+++ Plugin update 2.5.23 with Interactive Kneeboard +++

Good day people,

Very happy to announce that the long awaited Interactive Kneeboard extension is now available!
              It comes with latest plugin update 2.5.23, no additional file download needed.
              Get your license from the website:
              https://www.vaicompro.com/get-license.html

Notes for version 2.5.23

- Syria ATCs added,
              - Various fixes and improvements.
              - F-14 Tomcat pilots note: ICS Hotmic is now set with the in-cockpit switch.
              - Make sure your VoiceAttack is up-to-date i.e. version 1.8.7.
              - Follow the FINISH steps after updating the plugin.
              - Activate your Interactive Kneeboard license on the About tab.*

*) Please note that the license server has been known to behave a bit on and off lately.
              In Debug Mode, you may see a "Server Unavailable" message.
              If your license does not get accepted right away, simply try again a few times and your license should be validated.

Enjoy!

All the best,
              Hollywood

Click image for larger version  Name:	kneeboard-explained_orig.png Views:	0 Size:	129.7 KB ID:	7123003
              There is no spoon.

sigpic

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World
              www.vaicompro.com

Comment

Thanks for this!!!
                SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff: My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR, My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable

Comment

Hollywood_315 This interactive kneeboard (which is very good) has hijacked the kneeboard so that I cannot have my own kneeboard sheets anymore. I have several cribsheets that I refer to all the time, such as start up procedures, etc.

1) Is there a way to stop the kneeboard extension fully. To allow me to go back to seeing my own kneeboard pages.
                  2) Is there a way to integrate the extension with my own kneeboard pages.

Comment

tried activating it about a dozen times so far and no joy ... ... apparently 13 is the charm!
                    SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff: My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR, My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable

Comment

Originally posted by filthymanc View Post
                      Hollywood_315 This interactive kneeboard (which is very good) has hijacked the kneeboard so that I cannot have my own kneeboard sheets anymore. I have several cribsheets that I refer to all the time, such as start up procedures, etc.

1) Is there a way to stop the kneeboard extension fully. To allow me to go back to seeing my own kneeboard pages.
                      2) Is there a way to integrate the extension with my own kneeboard pages.
                      you just use the normal page back and forth ... they are all still there

Comment

Originally posted by speed-of-heat View Post

you just use the normal page back and forth ... they are all still there
                        Not for me. I only go back and forth through the extensions pages.

Comment

Odd, it won't let me use the move through the extension pages using the standard keys

Comment

Originally posted by filthymanc View Post

Not for me. I only go back and forth through the extensions pages.
                            Ahh haaaaa, do not bind the same buttons you use to go next/previous page (for your normal kneeboard) to the Advanced option: keyboard/joystick control binds for next/previous tab. Kneeboard pages, and Kneeboard extension tabs are two different things.

I take it back. This is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by speed-of-heat View Post
                              Odd, it won't let me use the move through the extension pages using the standard keys
                              I figured it out. Page 46 tells you how to bind a key/button to the next/previous tabs on the extension kneeboard. I mistakenly bound these functions to my normal kneeboard next/previous page buttons, and they conflicted. I can now cycle properly.

Comment

Ah I will check that out in the morning

Comment

Would be nice if we only needed one set of „page back/page fwd“ keybinds... i did not yet test the extension, and I am thinking on which keys to use

Comment

Originally posted by raus View Post
                                    Would be nice if we only needed one set of „page back/page fwd“ keybinds... i did not yet test the extension, and I am thinking on which keys to use
                                    You do - switching between the Vaicom kneeboard pages is easy with voice. There are so many pages already to scroll through with the keys that I wouldn't want another set added

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

Comment

Have not tried it yet but I will next week

A question, if you use a button to scroll to the next tab, does it circle back to the first if you press next tab when you are at the last? Or do you need another button for previous tab? If you dont want to use voice.

Im asking because Im thinking of how I can squeeze this in on my already quite full VR buttonbox.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman82 View Post
                                        Have not tried it yet but I will next week

A question, if you use a button to scroll to the next tab, does it circle back to the first if you press next tab when you are at the last? Or do you need another button for previous tab? If you dont want to use voice.

Im asking because Im thinking of how I can squeeze this in on my already quite full VR buttonbox.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk
                                        It is continuous.

Comment

Just a thank you to Hollywood for incorporation of the Theater Exposed variable

Helped me build my profile to page through the kneeboard using Voice Attack.

It's far from perfect as it need to know the number of pages, but it works pretty well for me

Comment

Working...
                                          X