Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone got Vaicom working smoothly on the latest stable release? (Just trying to figure out if the issues are fixable or whether we need to wait for a patch)?

Comment

Been having trouble with VAICOM and AIRIO for a month or so now. AI RIO won't recognize link hosts and now voice commands to wingmen are not being recognized in either the Hornet or Tomcat.

Reading through the manual, it says a possible fix is to delete the export.lua file. Going into the Saved Games folder, there is a scripts folder, inside which there is a file with this name. There is also a VAICOMPRO folder with a file inside it called VAICOMPRO.Export.lua. Which of these files is the one you are supposed to delete?

Thanks.

Comment

Is there a way to dial back AIRIO and Chatter? I purchased the licenses, however I don't want to use them as I'm only in MP in a single-seater. I've reinstalled Vaicom without them, however I keep getting the "do you want to upgrade prompts".

Sorry if the answer is buried somewhere, I haven't been able to find it.

TIA
        Rix
        [B]
        Ryzen 7 3700 - 32M - EVGA 2080ti Ultra - HP Reverb - TM Warthog - Crosswind Pedals - Crosswind HOTAS exten - M.2 - Transducers x 6[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jmarso View Post
          Been having trouble with VAICOM and AIRIO for a month or so now. AI RIO won't recognize link hosts and now voice commands to wingmen are not being recognized in either the Hornet or Tomcat.

Reading through the manual, it says a possible fix is to delete the export.lua file. Going into the Saved Games folder, there is a scripts folder, inside which there is a file with this name. There is also a VAICOMPRO folder with a file inside it called VAICOMPRO.Export.lua. Which of these files is the one you are supposed to delete?

Thanks.

The first one (export.lua)
          Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
            Has anyone got Vaicom working smoothly on the latest stable release? (Just trying to figure out if the issues are fixable or whether we need to wait for a patch)?

Which issues - mine seems OK on OB which should be the same as stable at the moment
            Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S

Comment

Originally posted by Rix View Post
              Is there a way to dial back AIRIO and Chatter? I purchased the licenses, however I don't want to use them as I'm only in MP in a single-seater. I've reinstalled Vaicom without them, however I keep getting the "do you want to upgrade prompts".

Sorry if the answer is buried somewhere, I haven't been able to find it.

TIA

if you still have your licence key information then I think you just need to reset the licence data on the Reset tab and re-enter the licences for what you want to use

Comment

Well, deleting the export lua did nothing. I'm at a loss here.

Comment

Well, deleting the export lua did nothing. I'm at a loss here.
                  Do you get a beep from Vaicom and any text in the top left corner (unless you have disabled this)

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hornblower793 View Post
                    Do you get a beep from Vaicom and any text in the top left corner (unless you have disabled this)

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
                    Trying to issue wingman commands, I get sort of a muted 'mike flash' kind of sound, and no text of any kind. It's the same thing that happens when it's working and you try to issue a command to a wingman who has been shot down or destroyed, like there is nobody to talk to.

The link host deal with AIRIO has me stumped as well. AIRIO seems to be working okay except for this one thing. If I go 'link host' to see choices, it doesn't list any. It's as if it's not seeing the ships and awacs available for link.

Does it matter which frequencies you set in the ME? I don't use the default ones that pop up with any of the units.

Comment

Trying to issue wingman commands, I get sort of a muted 'mike flash' kind of sound, and no text of any kind. It's the same thing that happens when it's working and you try to issue a command to a wingman who has been shot down or destroyed, like there is nobody to talk to.

The link host deal with AIRIO has me stumped as well. AIRIO seems to be working okay except for this one thing. If I go 'link host' to see choices, it doesn't list any. It's as if it's not seeing the ships and awacs available for link.

Does it matter which frequencies you set in the ME? I don't use the default ones that pop up with any of the units.

This is happening the same way for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is ICS Hot Mic enabled on the EX tab in Vaicom config?
                        Hey there.

It's not that the comms don't work, cause it does for a short period of time. So even with AIRIO turned off, I load into the plane. I can maybe get one or two commands to Jester and then Voiceattack turns to "Stop Listening". I can turn it on, and maybe it stays on for a while, but then goes back to "Stop Listening".

I don't think it is a setting, as mentioned I had something similar before which was caused by software called Sonic Studio. Now since deleting the file mentioned in my previous post, the issue is back.

Comment

What other software are you now running?

Does it work until you use PTT to talk to ATC, another plane etc., or does it just stop regardless?

If the latter, it might be a VA problem and their Discord might be a good place to ask

Comment

Does it work until you use PTT to talk to ATC, another plane etc., or does it just stop regardless?

If the latter, it might be a VA problem and their Discord might be a good place to ask
                            Hey there - I started there, and they sent me here for support as they said it was a known issue with something interfering. There was no other software that I could detect, which is why I came here to see if somebody could help me figure it out.

Out of sheer desperation, I again deleted the export file (which I had done before) - now it works ... so yayz ...

Thanks for trying to help though.

Comment

It seems to not work at all for me. I hit PTT and say Chief, pause, and then give my command but it doesn't process and perform. After the first one, I never get the second beep. Although, my own commands outside of VAICOM work just fine consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In regards to deleting the export.lua file - has anyone actually done a comparison of the before and after changes to exports.lua so we can know exactly what's causing these issues? ie - is it a hidden symbol/character, or an actual change in the file, or is the file identical, but it's an attribute/permission issue that changes on the file, etc?

Comment

Well I figured it out I had some things wrong and I did not have the AIRIO File in the Extensions folder plus the profile for Voice attack was all corrupted or something.. I just reset everything and it works again..
                                  Last edited 10-14-2020, 12:06 AM.
                                  MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus / Intel i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz / Coolermaster 212x / Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB / Asus 1080GTX OC / G. Skill RipJaws 32GB RAM 3200MHZ XMP PRofile / Samsung Odyssey Plus VR / HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker game simulation

Comment

Also tried a reset but no joy. Exact same issues before and after.

Comment

Also tried a reset but no joy. Exact same issues before and after.

Does that mean you repaired your version of Vaicom? there are multiple things one can try if it does not work here are what I tried:

1. Delete Export.LUA file.
                                      2. Repair Vaicom
                                      3. Install the AIRIO file in the reccomended folder under Voice Attack install. even if you dont own AIRIO.
                                      4. Run Voice Attack as Admin.
                                      5. Clean and repair DCS.
                                      MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus / Intel i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz / Coolermaster 212x / Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB / Asus 1080GTX OC / G. Skill RipJaws 32GB RAM 3200MHZ XMP PRofile / Samsung Odyssey Plus VR / HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker game simulation

Comment

Originally posted by The_Nephilim View Post
                                        2. Repair Vaicom
                                        The other 4 steps I've done except for 3 since I own AIRIO. I'm not sure how #2 would work other than a reset.

Something odd is going on. I've gone back and loaded an older mission file that I made and everything works fine. That got me thinking that maybe it was a supercarrier module issue, but when I changed the carrier to the Stennis in this new mission file and deleted all the Burkes, the problem persists.

EDIT: I built a quick mission from scratch and everything works fine in it as well. I'm not sure why VAICOM doesn't like this particular mission file. Like I said, using the Jester wheel and normal comms menu, everything still works the way it should.
                                        Last edited 10-14-2020, 06:45 AM.

Comment

ok I see.. I thought it did not work at all ..

Comment

Working...
                                          X