Warthog Stick with/on a Virpil base

SkipCarey

My old warthog base bit the dust(after ten years) recently and I have (Thank god) a virpil base I bought last summer on an impulse buy. My question is how is the functionality of the stick with the virpil base? I havent tried the combo yet are all the buttons/hats fully functional on the on the stick on the Virpil base and How do you like the combo or should I save up for another TM base your input would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

I permanently fly with a WarBRD base and Thrustmaster grips (plus the Virpil VFX for the F14). I also have a short extension (5cm) so I don't wear out the base connector with lots of swapping.

It works well for me with all functionality exactly as it was (you just need to use the Virpil config software to ensure you have the right grip / base combination set). I wouldn't go back to the Thrustmaster base (although I do have it still as an emergency backup in case of failure).

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I use a TM F18 grip with a 20cm extension on my Virpil T50 base, which is centre mounted. Love it. All buttons work fine

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

It´s a great combo.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I'm using the WarBRD base with a TM F-16 and F/A-18 stick. Both work just fine - much better than with the original TM Warthog base.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

WarBRD with Cougar and F/A-18 grips and 75mm extension, centre mounted. All good here.

Currently use the heavy springs which are a very precise but a little on the light side although strong enough to centre the stick correctly. Have tried the extra heavy WarBRD springs but they were too much of a step up in terms of stiffness.

Hornet Stick with WarBRD base works perfect so I think Warthog stick will be as well - they are the same sticks in different shape and form.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I have the TM Warthog grip on a Virpil WarBRD base with heavy springs and no center cams, no extensions. IMO a great combo. Got a T50 base as well with 35cm Virpil extension (5cm + 10cm + 20cm s-type) and had the TM Hornet grip attached to it. The TM Hornet grip is replaced by a Realsimulator F-18E grip now, but worked good with the T50 base and the long extension.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

WarBRD base with Warthog stick on it, soft springs are to soft, stick is to heavy and leans forward, hard springs (not the heavy ones which are on extra order) the stick still leans forward a bit but only very minor (2°). Using the no center cams is a joy to use (same feeling as a Cougar Uber mod).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!