T16000M issue

Kercheiz

Hi,

When practicing aerial refuelling, I just noticed a nasty behavior of my T16000m. If I don't grab it, it is properly centered. But, when slightly pushing it up or down with a single finger, barely moving it, the X axis input slightly moves off-center to the left.

So it seems that the sensor is slightly off-centered to the left, but the internal hardware applies a small dead zone which is not axis-independent : an action on Y removes the X dead zone as well.

It is super annoying as it can't be calibrated properly with the Windows settings, which basically only scales axis. And I can't find any setting in Target. And when the plane is level and I push or pull the stick, it clearly slightly banks left.

Is this an inherent lack of precision of these not so expensive joysticks? Is there any way to adjust this inside?

Thanks!

Mines the same as Max above, no issues at all. Sorry, not much help.

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro

Hi,

I did open the base and cleaned some mud, which I believe was causing the ring to be slightly tilted when the stick is centered. It seems to have improved, but maybe this is because I unscrewed and rescrewed everything.

Do you mean the screws that hold the square box which compress the string? I could use them to slightly recenter the spring tension?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Also have the T.16000m, what I do notice after 1 year of use (it is 2 years old already) is a little play on the Y axis from the center.

Did any of you ever lubbed the interior ?

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I is poorly done imo,

I have problems with Joy RZ on the stick getting stuck to left side, since I have the rudder/nws on that axis don't have to mention what happens during landings or take offs,

On the throttle my Joy RZ (those pedals) is spiking when fully pressed, and mini joystick gets stuck near center so it moves my TGP or cursor making lots of annoyance.

I have it for around half a year, and rly disappointed in the hotas

• 2 years later...

Just bought yesterday a new tm 16000m. It has exactly this same "clamping" (not much maby just 1-2mm on wrist level. it is very little but its there. Have use it like hour, so I really wonder is it with all the sticks more or less. Y-axis does not have it. But it still centers the stick when not adding any pressure to the stick, but the stick clearly "clamps" a littlebit before it snaps to level where it starts the movement on the left (and the movement can be seen in the meter inside the clamp 😞 ) Really annoying as the stick is good as hell in all the other ways. But now when I noticed that, not so sure anymore. If somebody knows today how to fix these please tell me. I bet if i go to shop and say that to reseller, he just says, "its cheap stick". Maby i will contact straihgt to TM and ask about this. clearly there is not same thing with any other axis or button or anything. I really hoped that i would find that this is much seen error in the stick as they are about to sell out in Finland, but seems not? It really cant be because of use, as I unpacked it yesterday, and as I said have used it an hour or so after that. 

1 hour ago, Wiggo said:

Just bought yesterday a new tm 16000m. It has exactly this same "clamping" (not much maby just 1-2mm on wrist level. it is very little but its there. Have use it like hour, so I really wonder is it with all the sticks more or less. Y-axis does not have it. But it still centers the stick when not adding any pressure to the stick, but the stick clearly "clamps" a littlebit before it snaps to level where it starts the movement on the left (and the movement can be seen in the meter inside the clamp 😞 ) Really annoying as the stick is good as hell in all the other ways. But now when I noticed that, not so sure anymore. If somebody knows today how to fix these please tell me. I bet if i go to shop and say that to reseller, he just says, "its cheap stick". Maby i will contact straihgt to TM and ask about this. clearly there is not same thing with any other axis or button or anything. I really hoped that i would find that this is much seen error in the stick as they are about to sell out in Finland, but seems not? It really cant be because of use, as I unpacked it yesterday, and as I said have used it an hour or so after that. 

Oh. EDIT: Play is the right word for "clampiness" (me and my Finnish-English :D). But yeah you guys understand what i mean. It makes losen mechanical movement, which is not controlled by any mechanism. It plays. And this is after kinda ZERO usage. As mechanical engineer, i can maby even bet that this is there more ore less, by luck in every stick. It is just some appliement / coupling that is not put so accurate everytime in the place, in the factory. Or then just the plastic ball etc, mounting itself. Y-axis has really ZERO play in its movement. It stays in the center even with harder force and does not play / clamp in anywhere, but the x-axis. Now when i thumbled with the play, it even seems to get littlebit bigger. As I said, it is not much, but so much that it even puts the light on. Some times it takes that as a movement sometimes not, but it puts the light on every time, which is kinda weird, as the light is supposed to light with the sensor... I posted a "case" / ticket to Thrustmaster. Lets see if they "back up every users accuracy" as it read in the box 😄