This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomeye View Post
    I have updated to latest version and for both UH-1h and MI-8 the trim button on stick trims but switches to station 2 or 1.
    I can also hear the voice saying "station 1 or 2" depending the helicopter.
    Can you have a look?
    The UH-1 and MI-8 do not have progressive trim, so the trim hat should only be used to change stations or use POV/padlock. Use H4P (or H4U for Cougar) to do trim. You should also read the section of the User Reference on TARGET Central Position Trimmer Mode (TCPTM), which is a giant improvement over the in-game trim system, but requires that you deselect "Central Position Trimmer Mode" in DCS Options.
    Last edited by Home Fries; 09-04-2020, 06:05 PM. Reason: added quote for context
    -Home Fries

My DCS Files and Skins
    My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
    F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Comment

I was already referring to H4P since I was aware that trim switch is used for station switching.

So when I press H4P trim happens followed by station 1 in huey or 2 in MI-8.
      I might be wrong but it looks like bug to me, in previous versions it worked with H4P great.

Originally posted by Home Fries View Post
      The UH-1 and MI-8 do not have progressive trim, so the trim hat should only be used to change stations or use POV/padlock. Use H4P (or H4U for Cougar) to do trim. You should also read the section of the User Reference on TARGET Central Position Trimmer Mode (TCPTM), which is a giant improvement over the in-game trim system, but requires that you deselect "Central Position Trimmer Mode" in DCS Options.

Comment

OK, I'll look into it.
        -Home Fries

My DCS Files and Skins
        F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Comment

Make sure you build the script from the GUI prior to launching it. What I see in the spoiler text are empty sections where there should be values populated by the database.

So I am assuming correctly that all the stuff I put in the GUI should appear in these sections?

Code:
          //========================================= 

// Script Baseline  

// Hardware Configuration //=========================================      

// Default Initial  Configuration //=========================================     

//============================================ 

// Script Personalization //============================================
          I am building from the GUI, it also gets built (I test this by setting some timings to odd values, e.g. from 20000ms to 20013ms and I see it reflected in the tmc. No idea why all the other stuff is empty and the declarations are at the end of the file.

I put the declarations at the very beginning (and also reinstalled Target with no devices plugged in) and now it works somewhat, I get the Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller in Windows, but Target Device analyzer only sees my Saitek Rudders, should it also see the Virtual WH?
          If I load the F18 profile that comes with CTS in DCS most of the controls works, some dont, the trigger for example does not. Any pointers on what to do?

Comment

Originally posted by HannesMy View Post
            So I am assuming correctly that all the stuff I put in the GUI should appear in these sections?

<...>

Any pointers on what to do?
            That's really weird. What you describe sounds possibly like a corrupted database. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with TARGET itself.

Delete the CTS.dat file in your CTS folder (and not CTSn.dat in the DB folder), then try building a script, changing only your hardware (i.e. setting your HOTAS and head tracking). See if this populates the values where they need to go.
            -Home Fries

My DCS Files and Skins
            F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Comment

I was already referring to H4P since I was aware that trim switch is used for station switching.

So when I press H4P trim happens followed by station 1 in huey or 2 in MI-8.
              I might be wrong but it looks like bug to me, in previous versions it worked with H4P great.
              Looking further, part of the routine in releasing the trimmer is to make a Station Check to properly remap TG1. Since I added WAV to the StationCheck() routine, this has apparently made its way to helos as well. I have added an argument in the function to suppress the wav, and applied that to helo trim.

Please let me know if there are other occasions where the wav file plays (other than direct station change) so I can address those routines as well.
              Last edited by Home Fries; 09-07-2020, 03:13 AM.
              -Home Fries

My DCS Files and Skins
              F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Comment

Hi Home Fries. I noticed that at least in the Hornet the H1 roll trim seems to be disabled when TrackIR pause is active. Is this intentional or a limitation of the subroutine? As soon as I reactivate TrackIR with S3 and doubletap down H1, trim is active again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

System specs:
                Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz
                | 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:
                7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs
                | Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Comment

Originally posted by overalien View Post
                  Hi Home Fries. I noticed that at least in the Hornet the H1 roll trim seems to be disabled when TrackIR pause is active. Is this intentional or a limitation of the subroutine? As soon as I reactivate TrackIR with S3 and doubletap down H1, trim is active again.
                  When TrackIR is paused, Hat1 maps to POV by default and trim is S3+Hat1.
                  -Home Fries

My DCS Files and Skins
                  F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Comment

Looking further, part of the routine in releasing the trimmer is to make a Station Check to properly remap TG1. Since I added WAV to the StationCheck() routine, this has apparently made its way to helos as well. I have added an argument in the function to suppress the wav, and applied that to helo trim.

Please let me know if there are other occasions where the wav file plays (other than direct station change) so I can address those routines as well.

Still not sure if this quite correct. Especially in Mi-8 H4P trims and switches to station 2. When I also try in huey controls I can see that H4P trims and selects station 1.

The wav you input for stations is quite a nice idea though.

Comment

That's really weird. What you describe sounds possibly like a corrupted database. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with TARGET itself.

Delete the CTS.dat file in your CTS folder (and not CTSn.dat in the DB folder), then try building a script, changing only your hardware (i.e. setting your HOTAS and head tracking). See if this populates the values where they need to go.

Thanks for the followup, I tried this and the end result is the same - empty sections, a bunch of changed integers initializations in the .tmc or the .ttm reflecting the changes I made in the GUI.

Multiple reinstalls and complete folder deletions also did not help. I reset everything (CTS, \Saved Games\, Target, TMWH Drivers, MFD drivers), the only thing thats missing would be DCS itself an then Win10

Anyway - I figured out that I loaded the wrong profile in DCS and thats why around half the stick wasn't working, so as far as I can tell (still learning the F18 ) everything is working as intended - even with this weird tmc. That is, of course, after I copy all the variable declarations to the very top of the file. The raw file that gets built still does not compile.

Could anybody please upload their working tmc? That would make it a bit easier for me to see what I should end up with...

Comment

Still not sure if this quite correct. Especially in Mi-8 H4P trims and switches to station 2. When I also try in huey controls I can see that H4P trims and selects station 1.

The wav you input for stations is quite a nice idea though.
                        I haven't uploaded the patch yet. still testing things. If what you say about the mi-8 changing stations is true, though, I'll look into that as well. I know stations 1 and 2 are reversed in the mi-8 compared to the Huey, but is it actually changing from left to right seat and vice versa whenever you release trim?

Thanks for the followup, I tried this and the end result is the same - empty sections, a bunch of changed integers initializations in the .tmc or the .ttm reflecting the changes I made in the GUI.

Multiple reinstalls and complete folder deletions also did not help. I reset everything (CTS, \Saved Games\, Target, TMWH Drivers, MFD drivers), the only thing thats missing would be DCS itself an then Win10
                        Could you please upload your cts.dat file so I can try to duplicate the error?
                        -Home Fries

My DCS Files and Skins
                        F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Comment

2.49 Hotfix 2 is up. The hotfix suppresses station change WAV when using TCPTM trimmer with helicopters.
                          -Home Fries

My DCS Files and Skins
                          F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Comment

Bug 2.49

F16C WH and HC profile, maybe more.

BTN 5 reported as 29

NWS is assigned btn 30 + 5 which should be canopy close\open
                            Canopy open close is not assigned, should be with BTN 5 mod 30 held

Pressing the F16 Viper cougar picture in references will open a larger picture but with Warthog and not Cougar throttle.
                            Last edited by trigen; 09-10-2020, 11:45 AM.
                            1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Comment

Originally posted by trigen View Post
                              Bug 2.49

F16C WH and HC profile, maybe more.

BTN 5 reported as 29

NWS is assigned btn 30 + 5 which should be canopy close\open
                              Canopy open close is not assigned, should be with BTN 5 mod 30 held

Pressing the F16 Viper cougar picture in references will open a larger picture but with Warthog and not Cougar throttle.
                              It is more; you can also find this feature in the F-14 and P-47! Using S1 as a global VR Zoom for VR users is something that I have been retrofitting to the profile, and should be a global feature in CTS 3.0.

VR users use S1 for VR zoom, and the normal S1 function is shifted instead. In this case, NWS is S3+S1 and canopy open/close is not mapped. In the controller references for each controller, you will find a section under each aircraft called "VR Substitutions" that shows any changes for VR users.

I'll update the HTML though. Thanks for the heads-up on the graphic.
                              -Home Fries

My DCS Files and Skins
                              F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Comment

Could you please upload your cts.dat file so I can try to duplicate the error?

Sorry for the late reply, I also attached the ttm and the tcm files.

The tcm works as it is now, I only moved all the variable declarations from the bottom to the top...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, I also attached the ttm and the tcm files.

The tcm works as it is now, I only moved all the variable declarations from the bottom to the top...
                                  I really do need the cts.dat file though. That's the only way I can troubleshoot the GUI/database.

At this point, though, I won't get to it for another week. So you have some time to upload it.
                                  -Home Fries

My DCS Files and Skins
                                  F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Comment

I really do need the cts.dat file though. That's the only way I can troubleshoot the GUI/database.

At this point, though, I won't get to it for another week. So you have some time to upload it.

Sorry for the confusion, the cts.dat is in the zip, I just included the other two as well

Comment

Updated to latest version, the trim bug is now fixed. Great work Home Fries, thanks for your endless support!

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, the cts.dat is in the zip, I just included the other two as well
                                        Roger all. I'll give it a look.
                                        Updated to latest version, the trim bug is now fixed. Great work Home Fries, thanks for your endless support!
                                        You're welcome. Thanks for the report.
                                        -Home Fries

My DCS Files and Skins
                                        F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Comment

Would it be possible to get possibility to swap MFD mappings between MFDs?

For example, I have 4 MFDs with MFDs 2 and 3 with a screen mounted behind them, so my MFDs are physically arranged from left to right as 1,3,2 and 4.

In F-18C I have AMPCD and Right DDI exported behind MFD3 and MFD2 for pretty good match to actual cockpit, but for A-10C I use them as Left and Right MFCD.

However A-10C MFD buttons are still mapped to MFCD1 on the left side of the screen.

Optimally I'd like to have possibility to have option to map any MFD CTS functions to any MFD and then any MFD physical buttons to any MFD. For example A-10C I would have:
                                          - MFD1: CTS Left MFD buttons
                                          - MFD2: Left MFD A-10C buttons
                                          - MFD3: Right MFD A-10C Buttons
                                          - MFD4: CTS Right MFD Buttons

This would allow me to still use the printed hint inserts on my MFD1 and 4 but press OSB based on what is shown on my screen without remapping MFD numbers in MFD drivers every time I swap between planes.

Comment

Working...
                                          X