Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X56 wheel scrolls knob on the throttle, how to modify from 3 to 1 line each time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    X56 wheel scrolls knob on the throttle, how to modify from 3 to 1 line each time

    I am using X56 throttle with VR. It’s quite handy with the scroll knob on the throttle site.
    At the key setting “UI Layer” I already set this knob to mouse wheel up and down.
    the function is great.
    but the question is at every scroll it goes 3 lines instead of 1. This is inconvenient when setting course...which need precise one digit.
    (I have already changed in the windows configuration the mouse wheel scroll from 3 to 1 line. But it doesn’t help in the DCS game.)
    Anyone knows how to?

    #2
    Originally posted by lqqfrank View Post
    I am using X56 throttle with VR. It’s quite handy with the scroll knob on the throttle site.
    At the key setting “UI Layer” I already set this knob to mouse wheel up and down.
    the function is great.
    but the question is at every scroll it goes 3 lines instead of 1. This is inconvenient when setting course...which need precise one digit.
    (I have already changed in the windows configuration the mouse wheel scroll from 3 to 1 line. But it doesn’t help in the DCS game.)
    Anyone knows how to?
    I use the scroll knob mapped to scroll up scroll down to accomplish 1 line scoll.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by fitness88 View Post

      I use the scroll knob mapped to scroll up scroll down to accomplish 1 line scoll.
      thanks. I uninstall the Saitek software (just using the original windows recognized throttle map) because after using the software, the click response was found a little delay. And such delay is really sensible when I bind a button with Voice Attack push to talk function.
      So i am looking for how to modify the original scroll knob definitions under windows or in the DCS game config.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by lqqfrank View Post

        thanks. I uninstall the Saitek software (just using the original windows recognized throttle map) because after using the software, the click response was found a little delay. And such delay is really sensible when I bind a button with Voice Attack push to talk function.
        So i am looking for how to modify the original scroll knob definitions under windows or in the DCS game config.
        You don't need the Logitech software, I map directly to dcs.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by fitness88 View Post

          You don't need the Logitech software, I map directly to dcs.
          OK, it did work this way. I bind it to the most needed function such as course tuning. Thanks!
          (nevertheless I am still looking for a general solution to make mouse wheel up and down in the UI Layer to go only 1 line instead of 3, which I can hook the mouse on any scrollable knobs in the cockpit make the most use of this wheel.)

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by lqqfrank View Post

            OK, it did work this way. I bind it to the most needed function such as course tuning. Thanks!
            (nevertheless I am still looking for a general solution to make mouse wheel up and down in the UI Layer to go only 1 line instead of 3, which I can hook the mouse on any scrollable knobs in the cockpit make the most use of this wheel.)
            I can't comment on the mouse wheel as I don't have the issue but if you use 4 different shift keys mapped to your mini stick which I find useless otherwise you'll be able to use 5 different uses for that wheel.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by fitness88 View Post

              I can't comment on the mouse wheel as I don't have the issue but if you use 4 different shift keys mapped to your mini stick which I find useless otherwise you'll be able to use 5 different uses for that wheel.
              Nice discussion. Let me explain the whole “why”.
              ok, all my purpose is to get rid of keyboard and mouse, so my hands don’t even need to leave the stick.

              In VR, DCS offers a dot point in the center of the view. So with only four keys on the stick / throttle (as mouse left / right / scroll up and down), I can easily look at and turn any switch and knob in the aircraft with very natural head move . It’s a virtual mouse without touching the real mouse. I love it. It makes the game even more real.

              and with this, we don’t need to force ourselves to config or recall any bindings.

              and because of this powerful wheel I go to X56 throttle (not the other more popular brand although I played A10C a lot) BTW I am using VKB stick which is also great.

              So really I don’t need too many “shift “ functions because I prefer to simply look at the switch then click or turn it.

              your recommendation does help as now I set one or two shift with this wheel for the most needed “precise course setting”.
              while main function of this wheel is still the “as mouse scroll up and down” . And it works wonderfully when I just look at those tens even hundreds scrolling knobs including “internal and external lights” “TACAN” “radio” “volume “ “brightness “....

              Comment

              Working...
              X