A10 Simpit - Conceptual Design

Tnt Snipes

Just needs that ACES II. ;)

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Lol I said the same thing in the other thread, original helicopter Seat there, so I guess you can't blame him, though there really is something special about that aces, just makes you look like some star wars aircraft or something. BTW to any mods, these threads should probably be merged.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lol I said the same thing in the other thread, original helicopter Seat there, so I guess you can't blame him, though there really is something special about that aces, just makes you look like some star wars aircraft or something. BTW to any mods, these threads should probably be merged.

Tell me how to murge it... i'll murge it....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Base+Plate.jpgMy first panel buildup.

Armament HUD Control Panel

Chose this panel because it only has one type of switches, secondly this was my first time so also wanted to practice on something simpler.

Used 1/4" thk MDF sheet, first drafted on CAD. Pasted the print out on the base plate, used a hand drill to make holes as required; as you can see they arnt precise nor neat due to the use of hand drill instead of using a floor and table mounted one will be getting that soon though.

Mounted another sheet on the base plate which would later make a top sheet, made holes... sand papered it. This was drilled carefully as it had to show on top.

Placed switches just to see how it looks...

Looks likeits going to be a crude but sturdy one... text plate will be applied on top, hopefully which will give it more panel like look...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hum you might want to check some more picture there is more thank one type of toggle switch on that panel there are if i remember correctly 4each three position Locking lever toggle switches, 3each two position Locking lever toggle switches, 1 each three position toggle switches, and 2each two position toggle switches.

Edited by Deadman

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Hum you might want to check some more picture there is more thank one type of toggle switch on that panel there are if i remember correctly 4each three position Locking lever toggle switches, 3each two position Locking lever toggle switches, 1 each three position toggle switches, and 2each two position toggle switches.

You are right... i actually have put up the switches in the following manner:

top row: 2 x Large - three position Locking lever

2nd row: 2 x Large - 1 three position + 1 two position

3rd row: 3 x small - 1 three position + 2 two position

4th row: 3 x large - 2 two position + 1 three position

in the picture posted abpve two from the left in the last row and one in the 3rd row from the left needs to changed, those werent available then...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I suspected as much....I guess that's why the "real" switches have a little hat on them...to get a good grip.

Snipes, would you be so kind and enlighten me as to where you bought the switches you used for your panel?

/brds

Oakes

okay i didnt know that bout locking lever switches... no wonder i was thinking why the hell is this Master Arm switch so easy to toggle... normally there is a guard or something... i might find a safty guard cover and put it on, it wont remain the original thing but will serve the purpose cause i dont think that i would find the locking levers in Pakistan and some safety should be there...

I am not an expert when it comes to second phase of the paneling,e.g. wiring, circuiting an all.... consider me a rookie a layman... i would really appreciate if someone could guide me through it... to give you a brief about my simpit system that for now visually i want to make it as shown above try to make those panels which would commonly be required during all kind of missions... i am planning to get

1. TM Hotas warthog

2. TM MFD's x 2

3. other than this would make panels.

initially the first thought that came to my mind was to convert the keyboard into switches but i guess its not that easy... secondly someone over here told me that every game has diff configurations like panels which would work with Flight Sim X would not work with BS or A10Warthog... its not that there's no one here to make things for me.. it just that i dont know enough to tell them what to make... I just need to know what would be the minimum requirement to cover the pointers mentioned above...

Edited by snipes
second thoughts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Looks likeits going to be a crude but sturdy one... text plate will be applied on top, hopefully which will give it more panel like look...

Can you please tell me what a text plate is?

What did you use to print the white labels on the panel?

Death and destruction! Oooh Rah!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 years later...
Can you please tell me what a text plate is?

What did you use to print the white labels on the panel?

Hi dude, The text plate would be what the "white labels" would be on.

In another words one would print of a colour "photo" of the panel and 'glue' that photo on to the plywood or plastic that the switch are mounted to. Else, you could use a label maker (P-Touch) with a white on clear label...

OP:

I am interested to see how you tie in the toggle switches in to the the PC. Of all of the panels I think that was smartest choice to start with.

Best of luck

Jane's ATF Gold (1997), DCS World A-10C

M5A99Xevo, SAPPHIRE HD-7770-OC, AMD FX-6100, 8GB RAM, WIN7-64

TM HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR5, Sennheiser PC363D, MFD Cougar Pack, Samsung UHD U28D590D and Local Craft Beer