Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goblin View Post
    I made something similar...
    incredible!! Any chance of getting some more details / drawings of your box? Having a similar problem I‘d love to get some more information / details from your solution. Are you selling drawings / plans?
    Modules and maps: all of them
    Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

Comment

Thanks!
      I do have some plans. I’ve said I will tidy them up and post them, but I haven’t had time.
      Here’s the build thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Goblin View Post
        Thanks!
        I do have some plans. I’ve said I will tidy them up and post them, but I haven’t had time.
        Here’s the build thread.
        Great! Thank you for the link! Is VERY interesting!!!
        Modules and maps: all of them
        Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

Comment

Wow! That looks great!!!!

I made some small progress:
          - I 3d printed switches and placed them on the panels. They are for now not functional. I did this to test if the locations match the VR cockpit
          - For the same reason I also made the hand rail. I installed only the left
          - I started building a prototype of the upfront panel including the mfds
          - I painted the wooden frame white so it looks a little bit better

What do you think?

Comment

Some small progress

Comment

Once again Some progress

Comment

I made some progress. I switched from vr to both vr and non vr. Also, for now I use F4toserial which for the non vr experiance only supports F4 bms. The succesor of f4toserial will also support dcs. Thats why i used bms for this short first test flight. The landing is terrible but i was just trying out if the pit worked.

https://youtu.be/QManMwGUVe8

Comment

https://youtu.be/dOYCr0eyVUw

Comment

https://youtu.be/r6Qbn5iCcDc

Comment

Fantastic progress, looks great!

Comment

Very nice chessna cockpit.

Do you already have VR experience with flight sims?

In VR no need for a cockpit when you are flying jets with HOTAS. You just need throttle and stick at the correct position in space. (Important for immersion). A configurable chair is also nice for immersion (I use a used car chair as desktop chair and flight seat.)

For all switches and buttons not on the HOTAS I use DCS clickable cockpit.

Use an used stable office desk with drawers.

one of the left drawers -> Throttle
                        one of the right drawers -> Stick (F16 no need for deskmount)

Invest the saved money in a nice Hardware, HOTAS and HMD.

You can switch very fast from cockpit to office desk as a bonus. :-)

I appreciate a nice cockpit and the creativity for conventional simming, but in VR I feel like it is a waste of resources ;-)
                        How to achieve high framerates in VR
                        VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

Comment

Thanks for watching. I do have a vr headset and I use it in the pit when I fly dcs. BMS doesnt support vr.

https://youtu.be/RX6vtlgKqh0

Comment

Working...
                          X