This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me solve this problem?

I am trying to setup a DCS Hornet UFC export profile i have on a remote laptop with a touchscreen connected in order to send the UFC keypresses to my desktop PC that has DCS running on it. So far no problem with the laptop/touchscreen side, the profile works and when i press the UFC buttons on the UFC they are recognised (they derpress etc.) The problem is i do not seem to be able to get the keypresses recognised and active in DCS on the Desktop PC. I have the keypress receiver installed on the desktop and have configured the pots etc to match with the Helios install on both systems.

I just have no idea where to go from here to get the touchscreen keypresses active in DCS when i'm in the Hornet. Unfortunately i can't use the more conventional method of connecting the touchscreen to my desktop system, i've tried but it just doesn't work.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated, i have been working on this for a few days now.

Thanks.
    - Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 4.9 GHz Water Cooled - 32GB Corsair LPX 3000 MHz DDR4 RAM - 1TB Samsung Nand PCIe M2 SSD - 500 GB SSD - 240 GB SSD - 4 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM HDD - MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB Gaming GPU - Samsung SMART 4K 50" TV as Monitor - TM Warthog HOTAS + 3 x TM Cougar MFD's - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 w/ProClip - Occulus Rift CV1

Comment

Originally posted by minimi66 View Post
      Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me solve this problem?

I am trying to setup a DCS Hornet UFC export profile i have on a remote laptop with a touchscreen connected in order to send the UFC keypresses to my desktop PC that has DCS running on it. So far no problem with the laptop/touchscreen side, the profile works and when i press the UFC buttons on the UFC they are recognised (they derpress etc.) The problem is i do not seem to be able to get the keypresses recognised and active in DCS on the Desktop PC. I have the keypress receiver installed on the desktop and have configured the pots etc to match with the Helios install on both systems.

I just have no idea where to go from here to get the touchscreen keypresses active in DCS when i'm in the Hornet. Unfortunately i can't use the more conventional method of connecting the touchscreen to my desktop system, i've tried but it just doesn't work.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated, i have been working on this for a few days now.

Thanks.
      Hi. I didn't write KeypressReceiver (inherited that from 1.4) but I can help you figure it out if nobody else answers your question. https://github.com/HeliosVirtualCock...ki/Ask-derammo

Comment

Originally posted by derammo View Post

Hi. I didn't write KeypressReceiver (inherited that from 1.4) but I can help you figure it out if nobody else answers your question. https://github.com/HeliosVirtualCock...ki/Ask-derammo
        Hi derammo,

Thank you for the kind offer, any help would be gratefully received!

My setup is as follows:

5 monitor setup on DCS Desktop PC
        Main display is 3440 x 1440 on Display Port.
        3 x Cubesim USB 3.0 LCD panels fitted to Cubesim backboxes and Cougar MFD's running at 800 x 600 these have a custom MonitorSetup.lua in order for them to work with my current setup, i will attach copy to this post. They also currently have to be arranged in a horizontal row from the top left of my main display to work with the .lua.
        1 x Prechen 15" Touchscreen display at 1920 x 1080 (this is what i am obviously trying to put the UFC onto to utilise the touch capability etc
        Total desktop resolution = 5840 x 1440 in DCS monitor settings.
        Cubesim.lua selected from the Monitors options in DCS settings.

I also have a MSI Gaming laptop which i tried connecting the Prechen Touchscreen to and then attempted to set up the remote PC Helios option to the main Desktop with, without success.
        I tried connecting the Touchscreen to the Desktop and setting up that way but it didn't seem to work, wherever i pressed the screen the responses were always received a couple of cms away from where i pressed. It also seemed that no keypresses were being sent this way either?

Hope all of that is clear? Sorry!!

Hope you can help, thanks again.

Desktop image is at link below:

https://ibb.co/k1GqZvk

CUBESIM.lua file

_ = function(p) return p; end;
        name = _('CUBESIM');
        Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'
        Viewports =
        {
        Center =
        {
        x = 2400;
        y = 0;
        width = 3440;
        height = 1440;
        viewDx = 0;
        viewDy = 0;
        aspect = 3440 / 1440;
        }
        }

LEFT_MFCD =
        {
        x = 80;
        y = 0;
        width = 600;
        height = 600;
        }

RIGHT_MFCD =
        {
        x = 880;
        y = 0;
        width = 600;
        height = 600;
        }

CENTER_MFCD =
        {
        x = 1680;
        y = 0;
        width = 600;
        height = 600;
        }

F14_HSD =
        {
        x = 80;
        y = 0;
        width = 600;
        height = 600;
        }

F14_VDI =
        {
        x = 1680;
        y = 0;
        width = 600;
        height = 600;
        }

UIMainView = Viewports.Center
        GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center
        - Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 4.9 GHz Water Cooled - 32GB Corsair LPX 3000 MHz DDR4 RAM - 1TB Samsung Nand PCIe M2 SSD - 500 GB SSD - 240 GB SSD - 4 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM HDD - MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB Gaming GPU - Samsung SMART 4K 50" TV as Monitor - TM Warthog HOTAS + 3 x TM Cougar MFD's - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 w/ProClip - Occulus Rift CV1

Comment

derammo

Just went onto your Discord as per your link and read the rules etc. Can't seem to send anything to you from there though? What do i need to do please?

Thanks.

Comment

Interface Status Report

{
            "Product": "Helios",
            "Version": "1.6.3308.0",
            "Items": [
            {
            "Name": "Keyboard",
            "Report": []
            },
            {
            "Name": "Profile Interface",
            "Report": [
            {
            "TimeStamp": "10/31/2020 03:15:19.606 PM",
            "Status": "Profile is not yet named",
            "Flags": 3
            },
            {
            "TimeStamp": "10/31/2020 03:15:19.609 PM",
            "Status": "The monitor arrangement saved in this profile matches this computer",
            },
            {
            "Status": "The profile declares a monitor of size 800x600 at (-2400, 0)",
            },
            {
            "Status": "The profile declares a monitor of size 800x600 at (-1600, 0)",
            },
            {
            "Status": "The profile declares a monitor of size 800x600 at (-800, 0)",
            },
            {
            "Status": "The profile declares a monitor of size 3440x1440 at (0, 0)",
            }
            ]
            }
            ]
            }

Comment

Working...
            X