1. 1. iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)

• Hell yeah!
    • Nah, TouchIR stuff is good enough

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work boarder!

Working gauges would be cool. I don't think I can arrange that in Touch IR. :) And in touch IR there is some configuring involved when you set it up the first time.

What I do like in Touch IR is how easy you can re-arrange the pit. I just made a new layout with a two live mfd and UFC in one ipad view. I had it running in just one hour. Making pits for other sim's like FSX shouldn't be any harder. Touch IR got some limitations but it is very flexible with the scripting you can use. Got some scripts that makes the warning lights go on and off using the sim status from the export.lua file. Same for switch status. Just cannot find the time to get all the necessary switches and light images to really use it in the ipadpit.

Keep up the good work, I will be the first to buy it! :thumbup:

Edited by Ghost_unit13
  • Like 1
www.Ipadpit.nl :pilotfly:

Got some scripts that makes the warning lights go on and off using the sim status from the export.lua file. Same for switch status.

Do you have examples of what constants you're using to get the warning lights in the lua? Most of the stuff that's in there as examples look like left overs from LOMAC or something and not very applicable to A-10.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

It's good, I like the use of gestures to get around the main displays.

When I did mine I was able to get 3 fps refresh rate on the mfd's but I think I ended up with 2.5 as that seemed to keep up with no lag.

If you have the commitment then why not? I just didn't have the time to go forward with mine. It was really easy to get it going on my ipad for my requirements but a lot more effort to get it ready for the app store and making sure the pc side ran on lots of different configs.

Get a few alpha/beta testers on board and see how it goes, you will figure out soon if there are going to be any issues.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Even better today - the displays update virtually real-time.

In fact, I'm artificially limiting how quickly it updates in order to keep the network traffic a little lighter and take a little stress off the iPad. It's still updating many times a second with no performance hit on the PC.

• Like 2

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Thats awesome. How is the MFCD export with the TGP video?

I take it that your screen grabbing the second monitor and MFCD output and then piping it to the iPad?

So I guess that you could also use lua export for things with suitable development?

Thats awesome. How is the MFCD export with the TGP video?

I take it that your screen grabbing the second monitor and MFCD output and then piping it to the iPad?

So I guess that you could also use lua export for things with suitable development?

It works great with the video. I'll take another video in a day or two which shows the significant improvement in update speed.

Yeah I will be able to use lua exports. I need suggestions on what people would like to see on the iPad. The warning panel is the first thing that I'll be looking into integrating. I need to go find the thread ghost mentioned to figure out exactly what I need to do in the lua to grab all the warning values. Once that's done it should be pretty easy to push to the iPad.

• Like 1

Hello

I'm the guy from over in the simhq forums helping ghost with the lua scripting. This sounds great! having a dedicated app will be fantastic. Touch ir is excellent for creating a series of buttons for pretty much everything but it's very hard to get the buttons to show the correct feedback and there are a lot of limits as to what it can do.

I'll show you what I've done with the lua scripting. My programming is very basic so I'm sure that other forum users and yourself can make the lua script work far better than I can.

I'll post you my latest export.lua which creates a txt file with a long list of what different switch values are set to.

I'll post you my latest export.lua which creates a txt file with a long list of what different switch values are set to.

That would be great, thanks!

Hi,

A quick few things first. Use notepad++ to edit lua files, make a backup of your export lua file and set your config.lua in .\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Config\Export to true.

First export file will return a list of switch values to a txt file (set to save in ./Temp/ElectricalPowerPanel.txt) http://www.multiupload.com/BA9MRH53MB

Copy this to your .\Config\Export folder. Run an instant mission or training. Once you're ingame, pause and alt_tab to open the txt file. You shold have a long list looking like 0,0,0,1,0,0.10000000, etc.

In the export.lua file you should see a list of lines like this

local batteryPowerswitch = MainPanel:get_argument_value(246)

The number on the line is the arg value for a switch. These can be found in a few different files, mostly clickabledata.lua and mainpanel_init.lua

The line with the filename:write(string.format(value),(","))

is where the lua file writes the values to the txt file.

Second export file is a useful version of the export lua that doesn't wipe the txt file after each new screen. It writes the state of the switches constantly which makes it good for seeing what values switches return and how the switches change values.

http://www.multiupload.com/BA9MRH53MB

This is a spreadsheet that lists which switches are placed on the line saved. I use it for working out array positions for touch ir.

http://www.multiupload.com/BA9MRH53MB

Sorry if I haven't explained this too well, but it's easier to see in action than type up.

Here's an updated video showing the live TGP. It is artificially limited to a lower frame rate than is actually possible.

Worked with the lua stuff a bit more today. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get the caution panel implemented. Thanks for all the positive comments so far, helps keep me motivated! :D

Here are the args for the caution panel. This is from HawgTouch lua export which will be released soon, hope this helps :)

[480]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : ENG START CYCLE
   [481]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : L HYD PRESS
   [482]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : R HYD PRESS
   [483]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : GUN UNSAFE
   [484]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : ANTI SKID
   [485]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : L HYD RES
   [486]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : R HYD RES
   [487]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : OXY LOW
   [488]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : ELEV DISENG
   [489]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : VOID1
   [490]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : SEAT NOT ARMED
   [491]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : BLEED AIR LEAK
   [492]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : AIL DISENG
   [493]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : L AIR TAB
   [494]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : R AIR TAB
   [495]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : SERVICE AIR HOT
   [496]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : PITCH SAS
   [497]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : L ENG HOT
   [498]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : R ENG HOT
   [499]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : WINDSHIELD HOT
   [500]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : YAW SAS
   [501]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : L ENG OIL PRESS
   [502]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : R ENG OIL PRESS
   [503]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : CICU
   [504]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : GCAS
   [505]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : L MAIN PUMP
   [506]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : R MAIN PUMP
   [507]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : VOID2
   [508]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : LASTE
   [509]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : L WING PUMP
   [510]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : R WING PUMP
   [511]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : HARS
   [512]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : IFF MODE 4
   [513]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : L MAIN FUEL LOW
   [514]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : R MAIN FUEL LOW
   [515]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : L R TKS UNEQUAL
   [516]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : EAC
   [517]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : L FUEL PRESS
   [518]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : R FUEL PRESS
   [519]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : NAV
   [520]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : STALL SYS
   [521]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : L CONV
   [522]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : R CONV
   [523]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : CADC
   [524]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : APU GEN
   [525]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : L GEN
   [526]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : R GEN
   [527]="%0.1f", -- Caution Panel : INST INV

Now does the game hav to be a certain Rez and the program have the mfd's in a certain spot to have the video sent to the iPad? I run a triple screen setup and would want to have the mfd video on the outside monitors' edge so it stays out of my fov.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Now does the game hav to be a certain Rez and the program have the mfd's in a certain spot to have the video sent to the iPad? I run a triple screen setup and would want to have the mfd video on the outside monitors' edge so it stays out of my fov.

No, they will be able to be placed anywhere you want them!

Got the caution and warning panel working this weekend, then started rewriting my networking protocol from the ground up since it was done poorly to start with. Once I get all the kinks worked out of that, it should be pretty quick and easy to start adding more systems and statuses!

Todays update (and video!) includes live CDU on the CDU key screen instead of just the MFCD repeater. As well as live view caution panel. In the beginning of the video you see me reaching for the keyboard to hit LShift + L which is the hotkey to test all the lights. This turns on all the caution panel lights. They all obviously work individually as well.

At this point, I'm open for suggestions on what else needs to be implemented before I start cleaning up code, graphic resources, and begin beta testing. As I've not spent a lot of time actually flying the simulator yet (!) I need input from the community.

Do you want a radio stack? Master arm/gun switches, etc?

Edited by boarder2

A combined UFC and 2x MFD screen would be perfect.

Also pie in the sky would be a working gauge stack. I find when I zoom into the HUD to see I clearly I no longer can see the ADI to step on the ball for a coordinated turn.

Are you looking to publish this in the app store or will we have to jailbreak to run it?

Edited by DayGlow

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

A combined UFC and 2x MFD screen would be perfect.

Are you looking to publish this in the app store or will we have to jailbreak to run it?

Working on publishing it, no jailbreak needed. UFC + 2xMFD might be do-able. I'll have to give it some thought. Originally I hadn't planned on having multiple layout choices, but it seems like that'd be a pretty useful view.

Ran some benchmarks tonight and unthrottled, I'm getting 30fps or better to the live MFCDs.

I've been tweaking things here and there, getting the networking code more solid and making sure if something happens and the connection is lost to the server, it will be automatically picked back up as soon as it's available, etc.

If you're interested in beta testing, probably pretty soon, please visit the web site in my signature and follow the instructions in the post about applying to be a beta tester!

How does the live feed work? Does it get displayed somewhere on the monitor running the sim and then sent to the iPad?

How does the live feed work? Does it get displayed somewhere on the monitor running the sim and then sent to the iPad?

Yeah, due to limitations in the export API the only way to capture the MFDs is to export it to a screen. It's unfortunate, but at least we have something.

I have a few tips that I think would be really cool to add to the app. If these things came in, it would be the ultmate app for me on my iPad.

A) Be able to load in our own PDFs like approach plates, taxiway diagrams, and even the sims manual to reference.

B) Would be sweet to have a place to type info from the JTAC instead of grabbing paper and pencil to keep info handy. An even cooler idea would be a screen where we could write with our fingers, much like a scratch pad!

C) I cannot tell from the video, but one of the handy things I have seen in another iPad app is the ability to use the radio keys (F1-F12 and ESC) to control. This would make using the radio menu much simpler.

Either way, I really look forward to seeing this on the AppStore!

Here's a new video demonstrating two iPads connected at once, showing TGP and Maverick video at the same time!