New Capt Zeen F-14 Tomcat v1.0 Helios profile !!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 1 Changelog:

15/Aug/2019

Changes on PILOT/DASHBOARD panel:

- Fixed Master arm switch

- Fixed FF bars

- Fixed TIT bars

- Fixed Flaps indicator

- Fixed RATL needle value

- Fixed safe RALT button

- Added mask over the hud modes and Steer CMD buttons, so can no be clickec once are already clicked

- Corrected the Master arm cover open png image

- Added 3 missing needles images for the Altimeter

Changes on Helios export files:

- Mi-8, P51 and MIG21 are no more exceptions on the HeliosCore.lua file and don't need the if evaluation.

- Helios_MI8.lua now export the instruments in the main loop and the switches on the secondary one, so the profile works smoothest.

- Now MI-8 profile updates when you are in F2 mode (external view)

- Helios_F14.lua Fixed RATL needle value

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we come, with another Helios profile! This time for the F-14 Tomcat.

I made the profile using the new Generic interface in Helios, and i developed boths cockpits, the pilot and the RIO, so you can switch beetween them at real time!

So here you got a fully Pilot/RIO input/output F-14 Tomcat profile. Hope you like it !

For this profile i exported all the instruments, lamps, selectors, switches and levers in the F-14 Tomcat pilot and RIO cockpits.

And finally, i use my new Kneeboard control in Helios editor to create a new NAV panel, a Kneeboard with all the airport charts from all the actual DCS maps! including my Normandy Aerodrome charts v1.0 package.

1POPtct.jpg

Main panel Pilot

TWoO10K.jpg

Pilot Left and Right panels

TPKfDER.jpg

RIO Main panel

HlxnF0F.jpg

RIO left panel with Lantirn active

WmhZ5Qg.jpg

RIO Right and buttom panels

LMwJqeL.jpg

New Kneeboard Nav panel

- HELIOS VERSION NEEDED:

This new profile uses the new tools in Helios, so you need to have the Helios version 1.4.2019.0616 or above

You can donwload from here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302014/

- EXPORT FILES:

Included in the Scripts folder, you can find the export.lua, and a Helios folder with the export files needed to run with this profile

In this version i included a new file organization for the export. Thanks a lot to Crivi, who reorganized all the files and fucntions by planes.

Now, new airplanes can have their own files and do not ineterfere with the helios main export functions.

You need to install those files in your scripts folder.

- Monitor aspect resolutions:

I made two different profiles, v1.0 for 16:10 monitors and v1.0b for 16:9 monitors. Use the one better fit width you monitor resolution.

F-14_V1.0.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions

F-14_V1.0_b.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions

I made the entire graphic art, based on screenshots of the simulator, and the textures folder of the game.

I used the airport charts from http://www.virtual-jabog32.de and the tactical chart TC-1 created by =MAF=Mongoose and the NDBs list created by Lino_Germany.

For the export.lua i used the Loophole version, compatible width KA50, A10c and FC3 as a base for all my implementations.

In the export.lua i include a couple of functions by [FSF]Ian to export the digits of the UV26 for the MI-8

Thanks to Crivi, who reorganized all the export files by airplanes and functions.

I want to give thanks to Bluefinbima, for let me include the new helios controls and features.

Thanks to Rashmaninov, for implementing the new helios Trans-rotate control.¡Gracias amigo!

Thanks to Cylution, yzfanimal, Damien022, Derammo, and Piet Van Nes for the good work done implementing new Helios features.

And of course to Gadroc for creating Helios, this great software.

PROFILE FEATURES

PILOT COCKPIT

Main Front Panel:

- All the instruments, switches and lamps

- Empty spaces to visualize the viewport exports for Radio repiters, VDI, ECMD ans RWR

Left panel:

- All the instruments, switches, lamps levers included.

- For the first time the throtles are included aswell !

- Empty space to visualize the viewport exports for Radio UHF

Right panel:

- All the instruments, switches, levers and lamps

Bottom panel:

- All the instruments, switches,levers and lamps

RIO COCKPIT

Main Front Panel:

- All the instruments, switches and lamps

- Empty spaces to visualize the viewport exports for Radio repiters, TID, DDD, ECMD and RWR

Left panel:

- All the instruments, switches, lamps levers included.

- Lantirn Panel included too, when the lantirn pod is equiped on the airplane

- Empty space to visualize the viewport exports for Radio VHF

Right panel:

- All the instruments, switches, levers and lamps

Bottom panel:

- All the instruments, switches,levers and lamps

- Navigation panel:

Aerodromes and visual operation chart v 4.0.3 - http://www.virtual-jabog32.de

Persian Gulf Kneeboard pages by Pellelil - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303320/

Nevada/Arizona Airports diagrams V2.3 - http://www.476vfightergroup.com

DCS Normandy Aerodrome Charts V1.0 by Capt Zeen - http://www.captzeen.com

Custom panel - for user custom images, replace the ones in : Documents\Helios\Images\Capt_Zeen\Kneeboards\custom using the same name of the images

- About panel:

Info about the profile and version.

INSTALATION

-Install Helios if you don't have it yet. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302014/

-Copy the profile on the profiles folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/profiles

-Copy the folder Capt_Zeen on the images folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/images

-Run the HeliosProfileEditor, load the profile Capt_Zeen_F-14V2.0 or Capt_Zeen_F-14V2.0b, and perform a Reset Monitors from the menu Profile.

-Save the profile using your custom name

RUNNING THE PROFILE

-Open the Helios Control Center, select the profile and start it.

CONFIGURING THE SECOND MONITOR

Included in the package, there is a folder called "DCS Monitor Configuration" width a complete folders structure you can drop on DCS World instalation folder. This structure prepare the diferents lua scripts to export the views to the second monitor to represent the Pilot and RIO cockpits.

I created 3 diferent monitor configuration files:

- one for the Pilot: F14_PILOT.lua

- one for the RIO: F14_RIO.lua

- and one that include the two at the same time, F14_MULTI.lua , just in case HeatBlur make the changes needed to have the two cocpkpits at the same time without overlapings.

Unless you got my same configuration (two 1920x1080 monitors), you will need to change the coordinates x and y of every viewport and the width and height sizes of them in the DCS Monitor Configuration\Config\MonitorSetup files.

Change it before copy to the game folder, and save a copy of this structure, cause DCS world rewrite this files every update!

To calculate the correct position of each viewport, run Helios and start the profile. Take a screenshot and paste the image in any art program. Paint from Windows works well.

Put the cursor over the left-up corners of every empty spaces and write down the coordinates. Drag a box from that point to the right_down corner, and take the width and height of the rectangle.

Modify the monitor configuration file you want to use width your correct numbers. and you can now copy the complete "DCS Monitor Configuration" folder to the DCS game folder, or use a Mods control program like JSGME to do it.

As example, here you got a video tutorial where you can see how i do this process on the F18 profile:

CONTACT

discord channel for support:

https://discord.gg/sS66aJf

As allways you can download from my site:

http://www.captzeen.com

Edited by Capt Zeen

beautiful work Captain!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Some Release "Bugs" in Ver 1.0

@CaptZeen: I have missing needles for Radar Altimeter Pilot (inside and outside) as well as VVI and Rudder on the Control Surface Deflection Instrument. Looks like the instruments' profile config is referring to a MIG19 folder or other graphics files that are missing from the downloaded profile. The Fuel Flow and TT bars reference the wrong Network Value numbers. I managed to fix most of this by referring to other needle images which are in the images section as well as referencing the correct Network Values for the FF and TT bars. However, the Radar Altimeter over-reads by about 50 ft at 100 ft (Test Button depressed) and starts to under- read by as much as 1000 ft from about 3000 ft Radar Alt upwards. Lastly it looks like the flaps needle is not driven by a trigger value at the moment. The Flaps image is there but seems to have no input trigger. These values are direct comparisons between cockpit instruments in DCS and what is shown in the Helios Radar-Alt gauge. Am I missing some files or scripts that come from other profiles you made before or is the download file somehow corrupted? ON the positive side: the profile is a masterpiece of beauty, detail and realism - brilliant work as usual and much deserved thanks for your invaluable contribution to the community!

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Brilliant! Unfortunately I cannot sticky it here, but if you want to recreate it in our F14 section, or make a redirect thread, I'll stick it.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hello all. I just commint the changes to fix the issues all of you reported:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 1 Changelog:

15/Aug/2019

- Fixed FF bars

- Fixed TIT bars

- Fixed Flaps indicator

- Added mask over the hud modes and Steer CMD buttons, so can no be clickec once are already clicked

- Added 2 missing needles images for the Altimeter

- Mi-8, P51 and MIG21 are no more exceptions on the HeliosCore.lua file and don't need the if evaluation.

- Helios_MI8.lua now export the instruments in the main loop and the switches on the secondary one, so the profile works smoothest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you already has adapted your profile to your monitors and don't want to doit again, take note that all the changes are on the PILOT/DASHBOARD panel, so you can replace just this panel in your actual profile:

- Open de update-1 profile in one Helios profile Editor.

- Open your adapted profile in another Helios profile editor.

- In th update-1 profile navigate on the layers window to PILOT panel and select the DASHBOARD panel ( it become sorrounded by a blue border), now copy it with CTRL+C

- In your profile navigate to PILOT panel, select the DASHBOARD panel and delete it using the DEL key.

- Now Paste the copied nuew panel with CTRL+V

- Save your profile with another name, just in case, haha !

Hello all. I just commint the changes to fix the issues all of you reported:

UPDATE 1 Changelog:

15/Aug/2019

- Fixed FF bars

- Fixed TIT bars

- Fixed Flaps indicator

- Added 2 missing needles images for the Altimeter

If you already has adapted your profile to your monitors and don't want to doit again, take note that all the changes are on the PILOT/DASHBOARD panel, so you can replace just this panel in your actual profile:

- Open de update-1 profile in one Helios profile Editor.

- Open your adapted profile in another Helios profile editor.

- In th update-1 profile navigate on the layers window to PILOT panel and select the DASHBOARD panel ( it become sorrounded by a blue border), now copy it with CTRL+C

- In your profile navigate to PILOT panel, select the DASHBOARD panel and delete it using the DEL key.

- Now Paste the copied nuew panel with CTRL+V

- Save your profile with another name, just in case, haha !

Hi CaptZeen:

I made a fix for the wrong readings on the Radar Alt Needle here: Replace line 191 in Helios_F14.lua with this code:

--[85] = 	MainPanel:get_argument_value(103),		-- RALT needle  Fix
[85] = 	Helios_Util.ValueConvert((1-MainPanel:get_argument_value(103)),{ 0.000, 0.1166, 0.2279, 0.3356, 0.4506, 0.4878, 0.5212, 0.5546, 0.5880, 0.6251, 0.6585, 0.7142, 0.7699, 0.8255, 0.8812, 0.9629 },{ 0.000, 0.161, 0.278, 0.380, 0.466, 0.492, 0.517, 0.540, 0.565, 0.594, 0.623, 0.673, 0.724, 0.779, 0.846, 0.940 }) ,		-- RALT needle  Fix

I hope this saves you the effort of fixing it later :smilewink:

overalien

System specs:

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

I noticed that my curve causes jumping at maxed out Altimter REading - I added two more points to the curve to counter this:

{ 0.000, 0.1166, 0.2279, 0.3356, 0.4506, 0.4878, 0.5212, 0.5546, 0.5880, 0.6251, 0.6585, 0.7142, 0.7699, 0.8255, 0.8812, 0.9629, [b]0.9629 [/b]},{ 0.000, 0.161, 0.278, 0.380, 0.466, 0.492, 0.517, 0.540, 0.565, 0.594, 0.623, 0.673, 0.724, 0.779, 0.846, 0.940, [b]1.000[/b] }

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

Ah yisssss can't wait to try it out this weekend will report back...

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

Gave it a spin this morning and so far it is fantastic! thx so much Captn :thumbup:

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the pilot lantirn mod with CZ's helios profile and if so, how did it go?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 7 months later...

Can you confirm that the TID mirror in the pilot screen is not possible to see?

if i switch from TID to HSI in DCS it will switch, in the export no. Is it normal?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Thank you very much. It worked

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 2 months later...

In the pilot helios cockpit, the radar altimeter reads around 250 feet when I start the profile even though I am starting on the runway. I cannot seem to get it back to 0. The game radar altimeter reads 0. Is there a fix for this or is this a bug? When the game starts, the radar altimeter seems to read correctly.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone using this profile also tried to use the Lantirn mod that puts the lantirn in the pilot cockpit?  I am concerned about the viewport for the lantirn.  Do I have to use my own viewports and not the ones in Helios 1.6?

Edited by sobe

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 9:09 PM, ilikepie said:

there is a line missing in the monitorSetup lua that allows it to change in the exported view. i had the same problem and add it myself.

Capture.JPG.d9a3e52d7e839912359ffe64801bde99.JPG

Can you explain a little bit better where to add this line? Im diving in few .lua files, but i can't found something similar. And TiD is absolutely necesary in pilots view!