Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capt Zeen,
    Couldn't use your ready to use Helios profiles because my extractions screen has different dimensions than the ones you have and...because I was way too intimidated to deal with Helios to build something other than the built in DCS Hornet ready to export (sort of) extractions but no bezels or no active buttons or indicators.

Well...today I found out that your tutorials, explanations, ready art and profile are so splendid, beautiful, easy to use and to understand that with a few adaptations, a lot of trial and error and just a bit of "original thinking" I managed to upgrade my extractions by a large margin and then some.

In short...THANK YOU !!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sobe View Post
      I believe the latest update eliminated the need for any mods to make the MFDs and RWR readable on a second screen. Correct?

Sobe, did you confirm this? I am struggling to get my init.lua configured in such a way that the exports are well enough to read.
      Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ulrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (Modded)

Comment

Fakum
        I may be one of the lucky ones as both of my monitors are the same 1920x1080 and some users have said that if your monitors are the same, the viewports will work fine. I have no idea if that is the case, but for me, they work with no mods.
        Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Comment

Yeah, I have 2 different sizes, but thanks sobe,,,, this may be a lost cause for now? Thanks for the info sir
          Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ulrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (Modded)

Comment

Question:
            One monitorsetup.lua file for both Hornet and Falcon MFD extraction instead of changing specific modules lua names?
            I think the related posts were deleted.
            sigpic

Comment

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=259
              Hangar: A-7 | A-10C | AV-8B | F-14B | F-15C | F-15E | F-16C | F-18C | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA342 | UH-1H

Comment

Today i jumped on HELIOS train - and spent large part of day on setting everything to work from my ipad as second touch screen..Now only thing missing is for me how to switch different pages on Helios profile?
                sigpic
                Pilot from Croatia

Comment

If you're using CaptZeen's profiles, there are small buttons/icons on the main panel that allow you to "pop up" or "activate" the secondary panels.

I've made those switches a little bigger in my own profiles, but here is what they look like on the A-10.

Hangar: A-7 | A-10C | AV-8B | F-14B | F-15C | F-15E | F-16C | F-18C | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA342 | UH-1H

Comment

Thanks thats it... And i have a small issue with rwr - see here http://imgur.com/gallery/8T9FemD. Is there a fix for this green blob on rwr?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
                    sigpic
                    Pilot from Croatia

Comment

The current state of the F-18's exports are that you can either have them look good in your export or they can look good on your primary monitor. I don't know if it's possible to have them both look good.

I've opted to make the export look better.

To do that, you can edit your RWR_ALR67_intit.lua file. If you're using the standalone version of the game, it can be found here:
                      C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Open Beta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\scripts\TEWS\indicator\RWR_ALR67_init.lua

Edit the ShaderLineDefaultThickness and Fuzziness values as such (or edit them to a level you find more preferable):

Remember though, it's a trade-off: your export will look better but your in-game RWR on the main cockpit won't be visible.

Comment

Capt. Zeen and/or all community experts,

First, All of your work is amazing, thanks for all you do!

I am trying to make an F-18 custom interface with the four back up instruments and the RWR in the lower right of my screen that will be mounted behind a physical dash overlay. I was able to place most of them from the toolbox. But have run into two issues:

The F-18 VVI by default has an oversized perimeter box around it that affects the placement needed. I need to place it between the edge of the image and the edge of the perimeter box. When trying to edit these items in paint I get warnings about a loss of function/transparency and do not understand how to restore functionality. Would it be possible to have a resized VVI added to the toolbox?

There is no F-18 RWR in the toolbox library. I was hoping to have the etched glass transparency in the profile. Attempting a cut and paste in paint also results in those loss of functionality/transparency warnings. I tried using the A-10 RWR and that resulted in the previously viewable RWR viewport (edited RWR.lua) displayed as a pile of giant pixels. Any idea why the RWR overlay would scramble the viewport? Does the overlay eliminate the need for editing the RWR.lua? Would it be possible to have an F-18 RWR added to the toolbox?

Thanks in advance for any help from all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I am using some mods for my Helios setup and as a result, the green letters and numbers on my HUD are a little light and thin for me. Does anyone have a mod that makes the letters and numbers on the HUD a dark green or black?
                          Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Comment

Are any of the MODS you are using intended to make the exported DDI's more legible? I only ask because I know that if you are editing those .lua files, there is an adverse effect on the OEM DDIs

Comment

HI, I created an F-18c dashboard using just the AMPCD and the left DDI, both screens and surrounds show up fine but I cant get any of the buttons to work. I checked the install and the lua scripts were all in the right place as per your dialog in the first post, but nothing seems wrong and there are no errors in the dcs log after exiting a mission.
                              How can I get th ebuttons working please?

Comment

Did you put the inputs and uotputs bindings to the buttons?

Originally posted by Sprool View Post
                                HI, I created an F-18c dashboard using just the AMPCD and the left DDI, both screens and surrounds show up fine but I cant get any of the buttons to work. I checked the install and the lua scripts were all in the right place as per your dialog in the first post, but nothing seems wrong and there are no errors in the dcs log after exiting a mission.
                                How can I get th ebuttons working please?
                                Capt_Zeen_HELIOS PROFILES_WEBSITE
                                Capt_Zeen_Youtube Channel

Comment

I took everything out and reinstalled following your video instructions step by step, and it works fine now, thanks!

Comment

Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

I took everything out and reinstalled following your video instructions step by step, and it works fine now, thanks!

Which video?
                                    Only captzeen video i can find is the one for configuring his profile.
                                    Is there some other video that explains how to create a profile from scratch using the f18 (or other aircraft) interface please?
                                    I tried but cannot get the data from dcs and cannot get ufc and ifei integrated into helios to work. Also i pressed the setup button in helios. but that also did not change anything.
                                    Anyway I tried the captzeen profile and it works correctly so i don’t think its an export problem.
                                    I would like to do my profile just because i have tm mfds and i would like to have a different layout then captzeen

While i am here, i have an issue with the captzeen profile...its a small one but annoying.
                                    I see from all the screenshots here that people have labels on the green buttons (the one used to show lateral panels or the maps) while i only see the green rectangular button.
                                    This is also the case for f16 and tomcat profile that i tried as well. Someone knows what i did wrong and how to fix?
                                    Last edited 04-16-2020, 09:11 AM.
                                    Vincent "Virus" DThe
                                    PC: 9900K/RTX2080Ti, 32GB RAM.
                                    Joystick bases: Winwing SuperLibra, FSSB R3 Warthog
                                    Joystick grips: Winwing F18, TM F-16
                                    Throttles: Winwing Super Taurus
                                    Hardware: MFG Crosswind Rudder, 4 Thrustmaster Cougar MFD, Logitech G13
                                    VR:Valve Index

Comment

this one:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n1cL1Szgmg
                                      But it just covers his stock panel profile

Comment

this one:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n1cL1Szgmg
                                        But it just covers his stock panel profile

Yes i followed it to the letter, still i have the issues I reported
                                        Vincent "Virus" DThe
                                        PC: 9900K/RTX2080Ti, 32GB RAM.
                                        Joystick bases: Winwing SuperLibra, FSSB R3 Warthog
                                        Joystick grips: Winwing F18, TM F-16
                                        Throttles: Winwing Super Taurus
                                        Hardware: MFG Crosswind Rudder, 4 Thrustmaster Cougar MFD, Logitech G13
                                        VR:Valve Index

Comment

Originally posted by VirusAM View Post
                                          Yes i followed it to the letter, still i have the issues I reported
                                          devi assegnare i tasti...
                                          Simulatori: DCS A-10C Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - VRS F/A-18E - Falcon BMS
                                          HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar Oculus Rift S
                                          I see a rainbow rising, look there, on the horizon...
                                          Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

Comment

Working...
                                          X