Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE 3

HELIOS 1.4.2019.1005 or above REQUIRED

Hello everyone!
    I just released the Update 3 for the F18 helios profile.
    I fixed the issues due to my last changes on the Helios interface, and all the switches updated by ED
    And at last i rework some of the art of the profile, extending the 16:9 background version to fill the full screen and adding new art for all the switch types.

Hope you like it !

Here you got the change log:

-LIR switch
    -LTD/R switch
    -LST/NFLR switch
    -AntiIce/Rain switch
    -HMD bright rotator
    -Fixed all the isses due to the last A10C interface changes (yes, that profile uses the A10C helios interface).
    -Extended the cockpit art to full screen on the 16x9 aspect resolution
    -Changed the art of all the switches for the actual F18C cockpit ones
    -Added the new kneeboard panel with all the existing maps on DCS
    -New export files organization

Last edited 11-10-2019, 09:54 PM.
    Capt_Zeen_HELIOS PROFILES_WEBSITE
    Capt_Zeen_Youtube Channel

Comment

That is beautiful!!

EDIT:
      I am getting an error loading the profile in the Editor and Control Center. The Helios Log says this:

Code:
      11/10/2019 2:08:46 PM - All - Helios Version 1.4.2018.1008
      11/10/2019 2:08:58 PM - Error - Error loading profile F:\My Documents\Helios\Profiles\FA-18C_b_beta.hpf
      Exception Source:System.Xml
      Exception Message:Element 'Children' was not found. Line 297, position 20.
      Stack Trace:
         at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadStartElement(String name)
         at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.HeliosSerializer.DeserializeControls(HeliosVisualCollection controls, XmlReader xmlReader)
         at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.HeliosSerializer.DeserializeControl(XmlReader xmlReader)
         at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.HeliosSerializer.DeserializeControls(HeliosVisualCollection controls, XmlReader xmlReader)
         at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.HeliosSerializer.DeserializeControl(XmlReader xmlReader)
         at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.HeliosSerializer.DeserializeMonitor(XmlReader xmlReader)
         at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.HeliosSerializer.DeserializeMonitors(MonitorCollection destination, XmlReader xmlReader)
         at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.HeliosSerializer.DeserializeProfile(HeliosProfile profile, XmlReader xmlReader)
         at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.ProfileManager.LoadProfile(String path, Dispatcher dispatcher)
      I looked at line 297 char 20 and it looks fine. So, I don't know what may be wrong.
      I am using Blue Fin's new version of Helios. Your older profile works fine.

EDIT 2:
      I also tried to run it in Gadroc's old version of Helios with the same results.

I edited the profile using Notepad++ and deleted many controls to try and narrow down the problem. I removed all controls except one control that had <MouseWheel>True</MouseWheel>. I noticed that if I removed that line of code, that it would load. So, I removed all of those from the original profile and then I no longer got the error in the log because the Editor crashed on loading. The Event Viewer log is below. It may be something to do with the Mouse Wheel code. I don't know if any of this helps you... But I was curious to try and get it working..

Code:
      Application: Profile Editor.exe
      Framework Version: v4.0.30319
      Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
      Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
         at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.BaseDeserializer.DispCreateNewObject(System.String, System.String)

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
         at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)
         at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])
         at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[])
         at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
         at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
         at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
         at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
         at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
         at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
         at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
         at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
         at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
         at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
         at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
         at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
         at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
         at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
         at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
         at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
         at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
         at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
         at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
         at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
         at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.ProfileEditor.App.Main()
      Last edited 11-10-2019, 09:32 PM.
      Intel I7-6700K 4.00ghz (OC @ 4.7ghz) │ Asus Maximus VIII Extreme │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
      Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti 11gb │ Sandisk SSD Drives │ 3x Acer 28" │ 1x 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
      -- Thread -- ♥ Download

Comment

Thanks for testing.
        Please be sure to use the Helios 1.4.2019.1005

Thanks

Comment

Snacko I have had no issue loading the profile. Don't know what that means.
          However, I have another issue. I have used CZ's monitor config file for me without any changes as he has the same size monitors as I do. However, in today's update, the monitor config file has different numbers that do not load properly with the "b" version of the profile. So I went back to my prior monitor config file and all viewports loaded fine except for the RWR. The viewport numbers for the RWR based on my prior monitor config file should have worked, but now I get a blank RWR. I did change the lua file to the following:

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true
          shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.6
          shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.3
          shaderLineDrawAsWire = true
          --shaderLineDrawAsWire = false
          shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true
          but no joy.

UPDATE For some reason I have the RWR viewport name in the monitor config file different from the name in the RWR lua file. When I conformed the names, the RWR appears but really impossible to read whether I use true or false for shaderLineDraw

Update to Update: I got the RWR to work and am able to see it on the second screen although a blank on the main screen.

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true
          shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.06
          shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.03
          --shaderLineDrawAsWire = true
          shaderLineDrawAsWire = false
          shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true
          Last edited 11-11-2019, 12:21 AM. Reason: Update to update
          Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Zeen View Post
            Thanks for testing.
            Please be sure to use the Helios 1.4.2019.1005

Thanks
            Ahh... that was it. I hadn't updated it for a while.

Cheers!
            Intel I7-6700K 4.00ghz (OC @ 4.7ghz) │ Asus Maximus VIII Extreme │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
            Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti 11gb │ Sandisk SSD Drives │ 3x Acer 28" │ 1x 28" Touchscreen

-- Thread -- ♥ Download

Comment

Hi,
              I have problem to run Helios 1.4.2019.1005, older version is ok, but when I install Helios 1.4.2019.1005 I can run it, both Editor and Control Center don´t start

Pleas can you help me?

BigL

Comment

In the Helios install folder look for a file called something like heliosSettings.xml. Open in notepad and see if it looks ok. If it gets corrupted delete it and try again.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

-- Thread -- ♥ Download

Comment

Hello all.
                  123nd.Lion from my discord channel found a bug in the profile, in the comm1 channel selector.
                  I really don't know from when this bug is over there, but well, thats happens!
                  I fixed and reuploaded the UPDATE 3 profile to MEGA.
                  Anyway, if you want to fix it by hand just drag and drop this two outputs on the comm1 rot:

Thanks a lot for all your feedbacks !

Comment

I am having a really weird problem. I use notepad ++ to modify lua files with no problem. Now, all of a sudden, when I change a lua file such as the monitor config file for the F18, the revised lua file no longer appears in the list of monitor files available in the game drop down, although it continues to appear the the list of files in file explorer. Why?
                    Last edited 11-13-2019, 05:52 PM.
                    Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Comment

Here is an example of a lua file that does NOT appear in the game drop down, but does appear in Windows file explorer.
                      Attached Files

Comment

you miss a "="

Comment

Thank you CZ.
                          I think I looked at the file for hours and never noticed the missing = sign.

Comment

I will preface this with the fact that after three weeks, I am at my absolute limit and I admit that it may be time to let the dream go and return this touchscreen monitor.

If someone who really knows HELIOS and DCS well is willing to get on voice and TeamViewer to try and get Helios and DCS to communicate again, then I can try again. I had it working before the update...saved my monitor and export.lua to another folder and replacing them did not work. I even downloaded Zeen's profile from the latest build and tried every step as I did the first time.

Thank you in advanced,
                            Joshua

Comment

i will be in discord tonight so poke me if you see me there.

Originally posted by em4joshua View Post
                              I will preface this with the fact that after three weeks, I am at my absolute limit and I admit that it may be time to let the dream go and return this touchscreen monitor.

If someone who really knows HELIOS and DCS well is willing to get on voice and TeamViewer to try and get Helios and DCS to communicate again, then I can try again. I had it working before the update...saved my monitor and export.lua to another folder and replacing them did not work. I even downloaded Zeen's profile from the latest build and tried every step as I did the first time.

Thank you in advanced,
                              Joshua

Comment

SOLVED BY Stewemanji...had to change the resolution in the options.lua in saved games to account for monitor #1

I am not sure what changes I need to make in the monitor .lua, but I can't get the exported screens (Right, Left, RWR, IFEI, UFC, and AMPCD) to move to Monitor 1? Right now it all exports to monitor 2 and I can't get it to line up with the Helios profile on 1.

I got the export of an MFD right to the bottom of the of monitor #2 lined up with the #1 monitor and it still would not line up moving it down slowly and blowing up the MFD size to huge 1920X1080, but nothing shows in Monitor #1. I understand this was designed for 2 monitors and I am using three, but I can't understand why it will not export to monitor 1.

Monitors are as follows:
                                1. 1920 X 1080
                                2. 3840 X 2160
                                3. 1080 X 1920

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...91/Capture.PNG
                                Last edited 01-06-2020, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Thrilled we could get em4joshua up and running!

Another important takeaway, for anyone who has a similar problem in the future, is to ensure you're running DCS in windowed mode (uncheck the "fullscreen" option in the DCS in-game settings).
                                  Hangar: A-7 | A-10C | AV-8B | F-14B | F-15C | F-15E | F-16C | F-18C | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA342 | UH-1H

Comment

I believe the latest update eliminated the need for any mods to make the MFDs and RWR readable on a second screen. Correct?

Comment

Apologies if I missed this elsewhere in this thread, but I have a Helios noob question about export.lua and Vaicom.

Last night I followed Capt. Zeen's excellent tutorial video to install Helios, and when I went to copy the export.lua downloaded with his F/A-18C profile to my Scripts folder in Saved Games, an export.lua was already there for Vaicom. It only contains one line. So my dumb questions are:

1.) Can I just copy that line from the Vaicom export.lua and append it to Capt. Zeen's export.lua? I see that his contains lines for other programs like Tacview already.

2.) When I download other profiles, do I just continue using the original export.lua I downloaded with the F/A-18 profile, or will the export.lua need to change?

3.) Can you (or should you) have more than one export.lua? I actually tried changing the name of the Capt. Zeen one to HeliosExport.lua, but as I'm sure you can guess, when I tested it DCS was not sending data to the profile.

Thanks for your help, and apologies if explaining this seems a bit like trying to teach string theory to a baboon.

Comment

Use Capt Zeen's export file and copy and paste the lines from the Viacom export file. Do the same for future programs that use the export file. You can have only one export file.

local lfs=require('lfs');
                                        dofile(lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\Helios\\HeliosExport.lua')
                                        -- VAICOM PRO server-side script
                                        -- Export.lua (append)
                                        -- version 2.5.3
                                        -- do not edit next line:
                                        -- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])
                                        local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
                                        dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Tech\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

Comment

Thank you Sobe (and Capt. Zeen)! Amazing community support for an amazing product.

Comment

Working...
                                          X