Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks, for your work and effort put in this, Captain!

Comment

Hi all users, I am interested in using this, am I correct in thinking that by buying a touchscreen monitor and exporting the gauges, that I can use the buttons and switches via the touchscreen on any exported instrument?

A few years back I was using helios in BMS had a monitor with 2 cougar MFDs stuck over it.....Touchscreen sounds a lot easier....

Thanks
      System specs: Scan 3XS i9 9900K @5ghz, 32GB Corsair veng DDR4 2666, EVGA GTX 2080ti Win 10. Reverb G2 on order , 40 inch 4K Phillips monitor. Real simulator FSSB R3 with F-16 SGRH grip and warthog with RS F-18 grip, plus Cubesim TM MFD's, Tir5. Winwing F-18 throttle, Tek creations UFC, panels. Cougar throttle & TUSBA, plus ICP for the Viper. MFG crosswind rudders. Jet seat and butt kicker..

Comment

Yes.
        Intel I7-6700K 4.00ghz (OC @ 4.7ghz) │ Asus Maximus VIII Extreme │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
        Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti 11gb │ Sandisk SSD Drives │ 3x Acer 28" │ 1x 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
        -- Thread -- ♥ Download

Comment

Someone who can advise me on how to correct the error of the whole process to use the F18 profile on a tablet connected by usb to the PC.
          I followed all the tutorials to the letter and I worked perfectly the profiles of the helicopter K50 and the plane F15, but unfortunately I do not get the graphics of the three screens of the F18, all clocks or tacomentros of the F18 work but not the three screens.
          There will be instructions to follow so that the images appear in these three screens, I would greatly appreciate who gave me those instructions or a tutorial to correct any errors
          The tutorial on YouTube of CaptZeen to run the Helios with the profile of the F18 did not work for me. I did everything as is, and nothing.

DRTDXBOX

Alguien que me puede aconsejar sobre cómo corregir el error de todo el proceso para usar el perfil F18 en una tableta conectada por USB a la PC.
          Seguí todos los tutoriales al pie de la letra y funciona perfectamente los perfiles del helicóptero K50 y el avión F15, pero desafortunadamente no obtengo los gráficos de las tres pantallas del F18, todos los relojes o tacomentros del F18 funcionan pero no los graficos de tres pantallas
          Habrá instrucciones a seguir para que las imágenes aparezcan en estas tres pantallas, Agradecería mucho que me puedan dar esas instrucciones o un tutorial para corregir que las pantallas no den imagen.
          El tutorial en YouTube de CaptZeen para ejecutar Helios con el perfil del F18 no funcionó para mí. Hice todo como es, y nada.

DRTDXBOX

Comment

Threat Warning

Seems like something may have changed as I now just see two green lines through the RWR viewport. The RWR in the cockpit looks normal with just the N.
            ASUS Strix Z370-E, i7 8700k @ 5 GHz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 MHz, Corsair H100i, WD 1TB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by RightStuff View Post
              Just a quick solution concerning blurry fonts on the DDIs:

In ...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\MDG_strokesDefs.lua
              change the follwing values:

Old:
              stroke_thickness = 0.8
              stroke_fuzziness = 0.5

New:
              stroke_thickness = 0.4
              stroke_fuzziness = 0.2

This will enhance the fonts and make them more readable.

Pls keep this in mind:
              I have have neither tested more/other values nor influences on other fonts (HUD maybe?).

And do not to forget to set shaderLineDrawAsWire back to false. Zeen already made a headsup on this.
              Otherwise the fonts will still look garbled, no matter what values you're going to use for the stroke_...

Maybe someone like to support here by testing other values?

Meanwhile I'm going to make a JSGME-file for that viewport stuff.
              Thanks! Excellent!
              Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370
              CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz
              Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000
              Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB
              Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K
              1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB
              1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB
              Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004
              CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Comment

Always glad, knowing to have made someone happy.

To be honest:
                I don't know if it's still neccessary or if there might be better values.

Comment

Originally posted by RightStuff View Post
                  Always glad, knowing to have made someone happy.

To be honest:
                  I don't know if it's still neccessary or if there might be better values.
                  IT IS still necessary... Thanks again.
                  Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370
                  CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz
                  Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000
                  Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB
                  Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K
                  1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB
                  1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB
                  Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004
                  CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Comment

Thanks Zeen for the great work, and thank you Right Stuff for the help ..
                    Well, I have a sort of a strange issue, I run Zeen profile now and after struggling with entering all of the numbers on the monitor configuration file, I run the profile and only the DDI's and the AMPCD are working, RWR UFC and IFEI are not, besides the fonts of the DDI and the AMPCD is very huge and unreadable ....
                    I followed your steps to change the font, but I don't see FA18 C folder under mods, the only one I have is under Saved Games/DCS/aircraft/FA-18C/Cockpit/Scripts, and it contains three folders, "IFEI, TEWS, and UFC"

Really don't know what to do I'm stuck

PS: I'm using Steam DCS

Comment

If , RWR UFC and IFEI are ot working probably is because you don't use the modified .ini files.
                      Check yout installation and confirm that those files are installed
                      Capt_Zeen_HELIOS PROFILES_WEBSITE
                      Capt_Zeen_Youtube Channel

Comment

Hey Capt Zeen, it appears that the F/A-18C profile is not compatible with the latest Export file dated Aug 15, 2019 even though the table indicates it is. Can you confirm this?

I had to revert back to the Export file located in the F/A-18C download for my controls to work within the Helios profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Zeen View Post
                          If , RWR UFC and IFEI are ot working probably is because you don't use the modified .ini files.
                          Check yout installation and confirm that those files are installed
                          Man I checked all of the files in the Profile but I see no .ini file, the only one located in the DCS config folder called imgui.ini

Comment

Hey, does anyone knows how to add a black background to the exported MFD's?

Comment

I am having a go at making a custom layout for my pit build. I have completed the basic layout by editing in Captain Zeen’s 16:9. I am trying making a full physical front dash mask with homage to the F-18 layout.

Would it be possible to get the F-18C RWR added to the gauges library?

How can I edit the IFEI to not have the switch panel at the bottom so I can move the bezel lower? The image isn’t in the library?

Can anyone share how to make the HSI, VVI, ALT, and Airspeed Indicator active. I have tried to mimic everything related to these gauges from the original file but the don’t register when the game is running. If I load the original they work fine. If there is a video I haven’t found as a tutorial that explains how to activate these gauges, please point me in that direction. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
                              Last edited 09-16-2019, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Hi Capt, about L39 profile, when i flight two or more MIX after the first the L39 profile is no more working ... i have to stop and run again HELIOS.
                                This it doesn't happen with other profile like FA18 or P51

Comment

running into an issue with this as well. Ive got the new A-10c profile working perfectly other than I cant pull up the UFC, but my F18 profile doesnt work now. I did a fresh install on it as well.
                                  A question I have on this is in the F18 profile it says a-10 interface. There is no F-18 interface. Is this correct? Is this an issue?

New update the helios scripts in the F-18 zip are not compatible with the new a-10 scripts.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited 10-13-2019, 06:43 PM.
                                  I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gunterlund21 View Post
                                    running into an issue with this as well. Ive got the new A-10c profile working perfectly other than I cant pull up the UFC, but my F18 profile doesnt work now. I did a fresh install on it as well.
                                    A question I have on this is in the F18 profile it says a-10 interface. There is no F-18 interface. Is this correct? Is this an issue?

New update the helios scripts in the F-18 zip are not compatible with the new a-10 scripts.
                                    - The ufc button is side by side with the Top and CDU buttons. You can see the button? or just dont work?

- My F18 profile uses the A10C original helios interface, yes, thats correct.

- To be compatible with all the profiles, always use the latest export.lua i got on my site.

-Tonight i am going to revise the F18 profile, I made some chanegs on the A10C interface for my latest profile, and is posible that F18 as been afected.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Zeen. I found the UFC button. They were right in front of my face. Also thanks for updating the F18 zip so they work with the A-10. Now we need Blufin to fix his Av-8 profile. :-)

Comment

Hello all.
                                        I am preparing the update 3 for the F18 profile.
                                        I fixed the 3 flir switches, and some others that has been afected for the new A10C interface ( yes, the f18 profile uses the a10C interface)
                                        if you remember something that dont work, and want it to be fixed.... this is your moment!

Comment

Zeen I dont think the Helmet mounted display knob works with a touch screen.

Comment

Working...
                                          X