Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kenpilot View Post
    Hey guys, i just started flying the F18 and downloaded Capt Zeen's helios profile and everything and all the viewports aren't showing on my Helios Monitor, they're just blank boxes. I read the fix on the first page of this thread but I'm a bit lost. Does anyone have a how to, step by step, on how to export these views to show on the helios monitor? My helios monitor is 1920x180. Thanks!
    Did you setup the MonitorConfig correctly, and set your game Resolution and Monitor to that setup? Did you read the 'Troubleshooting' section of the first post?
    Intel I7-6700K 4.00ghz (OC @ 4.7ghz) │ Asus Maximus VIII Extreme │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
    Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti 11gb │ Sandisk SSD Drives │ 3x Acer 28" │ 1x 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
    -- Thread -- ♥ Download

Comment

Originally posted by Snacko View Post
      Did you setup the MonitorConfig correctly, and set your game Resolution and Monitor to that setup? Did you read the 'Troubleshooting' section of the first post?
      No, cause as I said in my original post, I'm lost and need a step by step how to, as in something that a newbie will understand. Yes, I read the troubleshooting section of the first post, but again, I don't understand it.

" Check if you installed the files in the correct place" Which files and where's the correct place???
      " I recommend to you use JSGME or OVGME to do the job" I have no idea what these are.
      " Then edit the MonitorSetup file to adjust the viewports to your monitor configuration. (2_monitors-FA18C.lua )" I know where that file is in the folder that CaptZeen made but no idea what to edit in the file and what to put.

I'm running 4 monitors in a T formation. Triple monitors for my main view and then the 4th monitor is below the triple monitor setup for helios. The resolution in DCS is 7680x1440 for the triple monitors. My 4th monitor, the Helios monitor is a 1920x1080 monitor.

Any help broken down in dummie/newbie terms would be greatly appreciated.
      Windows 10
      ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO
      intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)
      16 GB Ram
      EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition
      SSD
      Trackir

Comment

Originally posted by Kenpilot View Post
        No, cause as I said in my original post, I'm lost and need a step by step how to, as in something that a newbie will understand. Yes, I read the troubleshooting section of the first post, but again, I don't understand it.

" Check if you installed the files in the correct place" Which files and where's the correct place???
        " I recommend to you use JSGME or OVGME to do the job" I have no idea what these are.
        " Then edit the MonitorSetup file to adjust the viewports to your monitor configuration. (2_monitors-FA18C.lua )" I know where that file is in the folder that CaptZeen made but no idea what to edit in the file and what to put.

I'm running 4 monitors in a T formation. Triple monitors for my main view and then the 4th monitor is below the triple monitor setup for helios. The resolution in DCS is 7680x1440 for the triple monitors. My 4th monitor, the Helios monitor is a 1920x1080 monitor.

Any help broken down in dummie/newbie terms would be greatly appreciated.
        As you've pointed out, it is a bit complicated, especially to a new user. Do you have everything else working? Helios and the profile and all the gauges work? And all you need is to get these viewports working? I ask because then I know your level of understand so I can help better.

The Correct place that he refers to is your DCS game folder. His instructions state this here:
        included in the package, there is a folder called "DCS Monitor Configuration" width a complete folders structure you can drop on DCS World instalation folder.
        If you don't know what JSGME or OvGME are, then you could have searched, found them, and learned about them.

Editing the MonitorSetup lua file is not explained well. There are many posts about it on the forums. he want's you to edit the X, Y, Width, and Height variables of where you want each viewport to appear on you system.

I am running 4 monitors like you in a T formation. My Res is a bit different though. If you PM me with more questions I will be happy to help so we don't fill up this thread. If you use Teamspeak we could get on that and I could explain better.

Snacko
        Intel I7-6700K 4.00ghz (OC @ 4.7ghz) │ Asus Maximus VIII Extreme │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
        Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti 11gb │ Sandisk SSD Drives │ 3x Acer 28" │ 1x 28" Touchscreen

-- Thread -- ♥ Download

Comment

I agree, this is a complicated learning curve as the instructions are scattered about. I had to do alot of Google searching to figure this out. Youtube has good Introductions to Helios setup, and the Readme file that is included if this F18 profile will lead you in the right direction.
          Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ulrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (Modded)

Comment

PM sent Snacko, thanks guys.
            Windows 10
            ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO
            intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)
            16 GB Ram
            EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition
            SSD
            Trackir

Comment

As you've pointed out, it is a bit complicated, especially to a new user. Do you have everything else working? Helios and the profile and all the gauges work? And all you need is to get these viewports working? I ask because then I know your level of understand so I can help better.

The Correct place that he refers to is your DCS game folder. His instructions state this here:

If you don't know what JSGME or OvGME are, then you could have searched, found them, and learned about them.

Editing the MonitorSetup lua file is not explained well. There are many posts about it on the forums. he want's you to edit the X, Y, Width, and Height variables of where you want each viewport to appear on you system.

I am running 4 monitors like you in a T formation. My Res is a bit different though. If you PM me with more questions I will be happy to help so we don't fill up this thread. If you use Teamspeak we could get on that and I could explain better.

Snacko
              PM helps no other people like the same questions.
              Thanx

Comment

Hello all.
                Right now i am in the mainland, in holidays. I come back home next week.
                Then, I am going to make a video tutorial about how install Helios and the profiles for newbies.
                Capt_Zeen_HELIOS PROFILES_WEBSITE
                Capt_Zeen_Youtube Channel

Comment

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ulrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (Modded)

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcat View Post
                    PM helps no other people like the same questions.
                    Thanx
                    Plenty of threads and videos about all of this if you look. Then you would see how much typing, screenshots and videos we don't need to reproduce here.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

-- Thread -- ♥ Download

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Zeen View Post
                      Hello all.
                      Right now i am in the mainland, in holidays. I come back home next week.
                      Then, I am going to make a video tutorial about how install Helios and the profiles for newbies.
                      At last thank you.
                      please note to add the troubleshooting .
                      İ ve only onse did it all.
                      Than i lost everything.
                      May be you can add e toucscreen users
                      Again thanx mate.

Comment

Good Evening All,
                        I have just gone through the set up for the first time and can confirm that all the files you need are scattered all over the place.

Can anyone shed some light on or point me in the correct direction, as I can not seem to get the side panels to work on the F18 beta 2 profile.

I have windows 10 and touchscreen and have followed a few guides as to how to set this up properly but can not find how to activate these panels.

Everything else is working but this.

KenPilot if you are around come on Capt Zeens discord channel and I can maybe help you.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by rossi_69 View Post
                          Can anyone shed some light on or point me in the correct direction, as I can not seem to get the side panels to work on the F18 beta 2 profile.
                          Have you clicked on the little green buttons near the center of the profile? And the panels do not appear? Which version of Helios are you using?

-- Thread -- ♥ Download

Comment

Thanks Snacko sometimes you cant see the woods for the trees (or I am just stupid)
                            been trying all round the edges and did not see those right there.

Comment

Originally posted by rossi_69 View Post
                              Thanks Snacko sometimes you cant see the woods for the trees (or I am just stupid)
                              been trying all round the edges and did not see those right there.
                              No Problem. Using the Editor, I moved them to the left side and made them bigger. I am using the _b profile and it has about 1.5 inches of blank space on each side.

-- Thread -- ♥ Download

Comment

This profile works just fine for me, however, I already have a "MonitorSetup" config file that allows alot of other different modules to use 1 single file for Helios, I just want to ADD the F-18 to it, but I did that and its not working. Can someone post up their Monitor Config.lua if you have the F-18 and other modules in the same file. I will then likely see what I am doing wrong.Thanks

Comment

+1 here

I am Using an 2k as main Monitor and just got a 22" Ilyama touch monitor especially for Helios. I got the profile for F18 but i only see the Main Panel on the 22" without any "interaction" and the main DCS view on my large 32" 2k monitor. (Instruction where to put the profile files was googled, as i didnt find it in Capt. Zeens instructions )

I went through the installation guide, substituted the export.lua file into the right place but no success. Anyone here with a "Helios Guide for Dummies"?

I believe, it is an outstanding piece of software if i get it to work right and will donate as soon as i get it working as i expect it to do...

Many thanks!
                                  DCS Open beta
                                  F/A-18C, A-10C

Win10, i7-8700k, AsRock Z370 Extreme 4, GTX1080Ti, 32" 2K Samsung TFT Main screen, 22" 1K Iiyama Touch screen.

Warthog HOTAS

Comment

Originally posted by Fakum View Post
                                    This profile works just fine for me, however, I already have a "MonitorSetup" config file that allows alot of other different modules to use 1 single file for Helios, I just want to ADD the F-18 to it, but I did that and its not working. Can someone post up their Monitor Config.lua if you have the F-18 and other modules in the same file. I will then likely see what I am doing wrong.Thanks
                                    What works, what doesn't? Every other aircraft works, but none of the FA18 viewports don't show up?

The only problem would probably be if any of the viewport names were duplicated. Each one has to be unique. For example, you cannot have RIGHT_MFCD defined twice. Other than that, it should work.

-- Thread -- ♥ Download

Comment

Originally posted by flx54 View Post
                                      +1 here

I am Using an 2k as main Monitor and just got a 22" Ilyama touch monitor especially for Helios. I got the profile for F18 but i only see the Main Panel on the 22" without any "interaction" and the main DCS view on my large 32" 2k monitor. (Instruction where to put the profile files was googled, as i didnt find it in Capt. Zeens instructions )

I went through the installation guide, substituted the export.lua file into the right place but no success. Anyone here with a "Helios Guide for Dummies"?

I believe, it is an outstanding piece of software if i get it to work right and will donate as soon as i get it working as i expect it to do...

Many thanks!
                                      Here is a 54 page guide. It's 4 years old and uses a different profile for the A10c. But the basics of the setup have not changed, so it should have some answers. The only difference is some profiles may have a mod to install to create additional Viewports if DCS does not have all of them. Some profiles may have a mod and some may not need one.

You are welcome to PM me if you would like more help.
                                      Last edited 01-09-2019, 06:37 PM.

-- Thread -- ♥ Download

Comment

What works, what doesn't? Every other aircraft works, but none of the FA18 viewports don't show up?

The only problem would probably be if any of the viewport names were duplicated. Each one has to be unique. For example, you cannot have RIGHT_MFCD defined twice. Other than that, it should work.

When I run the CaptZeen Monitor config file that he includes in his Profile, it works just fine. I have not used Helios in about 1 year, but when I did, I had a monitor config file that incorporated many modules, I have not run any of those in about a year so I honestly dont know if they work because I uninstalled the older version of Helios a couple of weeks ago to install the latest version of Helios. All I was trying to do is copy over the data from CaptZeens F18 Monitor Config file to my older one, but there are Lines in the old Monitor Config fille that IDENTIFY each Specific Aircraft. I tried to figure out what that line should state, but without looking at someone elses file, Im not sure. Thats all I need to see, is someone elses file that has the F18 and at least one other module.

Comment

Sorry, I have a file like that, but haven't used it in about a year also.

If you are still using that function reconfigure_for_unit(unit_type), it doesn't work anymore AFAIK.

You may have just left out a comma or something like that. I've done that before and it took a long time to find.

Here is my old one that doesn't use that function(). It works with a few aircraft that do not duplicate viewports. I hesitate to share it because it relies on viewport mods that others may not have, so they wouldn't work. It's just something I slapped together a long time ago. It worked when I was using it back then. Sorry I cannot help more.
                                          Attached Files

-- Thread -- ♥ Download

Comment

Working...
                                          X