Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure if you mean the .lua or the helios profile so i attached both. Helios file is in the google drive link. I threw in the DCS log as well because I changed monitors but i already followed your trouble shooting tips and nothing :/ dont know if this time around i got a new error.

So i did make a few changes. I installed table DCS world and uninstalled helios.

First thing i did was download your profile and download helios according to your instructions.

I followed it to the foot of the letter with the new DCS world install. So helios is fresh as well. I also completely deleted DCS beta to be safe.

My new monitor setup is 3840 x 3600 (3840x2560 tv and a 2560x1440 screen under it!)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jE...t8faUvTSvNF-W1

UPDATE/EDIT: Ok so i was messing around and before i do anything else, where do i install the export.lua file? I put it in D:\DCS World\Scripts. I did back up the original. Anyway i was looking at DerekM write up for helios with a touch screen monitor (which I got rid of) but he puts the export file under C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

is that were I put mine as well? and leave the original in D:\DCS World\Scripts? Or do I place it in both?

I am an idiot if this is the issue lol.

UPDATE/EDIT #2: So I tried following DerekM write up and it did not work either. So i placed the export.lua under C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts and deleted it over in D:\DCS World\Scripts but that didnt work. I tried the script only in D:\DCS World\Scripts and deleted from C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts but that didn't work either. Lastly I tried having the same export.lua in both C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts and D:\DCS World\Scripts but that did not work either. I'm out of ideas Capt. the export.lua I tired was the one DerekM generated via helios. I still; have yours and i guess i can copy it to C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts and see if being there helps. but i doubt it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited 11-23-2018, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oraton View Post
      Is there much of a performance hit when using helios?
      Presumably it works with a touchscreen, are there any recommendations? I was considering the Magedok 15,6 Inch touch screen.
      Performace hit: Depends on your rig, but all over all it‘s not that big that it will be showstopper.

Touchscreen: Look for at least 20“-22“.
      The DDI / UFC buttons are even on my 20“ screen a little bit too tiny.
      But that‘s only my very personal look and feel.

Comment

Originally posted by RightStuff View Post
        Touchscreen: Look for at least 20“-22“.
        The DDI / UFC buttons are even on my 20“ screen a little bit too tiny.
        But that‘s only my very personal look and feel.
        OK, that changes things! I was going to have the touchscreen at arms length so I guess I'll need a much bigger display.
        Thanks, RightStuff.
        sigpic

Comment

Is there a way to make exported DDIs and other indicators always be bright at their max and not be affected by cockpit controls?
          I don't know but I've been told
          It's been said that God is dead
          Jet fighters never cry, jet fighters never die

Comment

After switching on the JHMCS - HMD, its lines are very poorly visible, can anyone correct it already? I tried to change the values ​​in the "HMD_init" file
            shaderLineDefaultThickness = 1.8 , shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 1.5 , but it does not work.
            I know that it does not really match HELIOS, but I have no idea where to ask.
            Last edited 12-06-2018, 10:48 PM.

Comment

RWR problem.
              Exported RWR, depending on the month specified in the mission, is better or worse visible. It is very visible in May and very weak in August. Has anyone seen it yet? In other aircraft there is no such effect, it surprised me a lot. Screenshots, same mission, only months changed.
              Attached Files
              Last edited 12-08-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I managed to remedy this problem, I changed the position of the additional monitor, and this solved the problem of RWR.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RightStuff View Post
                  Just a quick solution concerning blurry fonts on the DDIs:

In ...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\MDG_strokesDefs.lua
                  change the follwing values:

Old:
                  stroke_thickness = 0.8
                  stroke_fuzziness = 0.5

New:
                  stroke_thickness = 0.4
                  stroke_fuzziness = 0.2

This will enhance the fonts and make them more readable.

Pls keep this in mind:
                  I have have neither tested more/other values nor influences on other fonts (HUD maybe?).

And do not to forget to set shaderLineDrawAsWire back to false. Zeen already made a headsup on this.
                  Otherwise the fonts will still look garbled, no matter what values you're going to use for the stroke_...

Maybe someone like to support here by testing other values?

Meanwhile I'm going to make a JSGME-file for that viewport stuff.

Unfortunately, this solution also reduces the clarity of lines and numbers on JHMCS - HMD

Comment

Hi, I would like to use an Ipad Pro for using helios and this profile...do someone knows how this is possible?
                    I Know there is an ipad app but it don't works very well and I uninstalled it and asked for a refund.
                    My idea is to use and ipad as a second monitor and the use helios, but these profile are only 16:10 or 16:9 is there a way to quickly convert to the iPad 2,388 x 1,668 format?
                    Thanks
                    Last edited 12-11-2018, 10:03 PM.
                    Vincent "Virus" DThe
                    PC: 9900K/RTX2080Ti, 32GB RAM.
                    Joystick bases: Winwing SuperLibra, FSSB R3 Warthog
                    Joystick grips: Winwing F18, TM F-16
                    Throttles: Winwing Super Taurus
                    Hardware: MFG Crosswind Rudder, 4 Thrustmaster Cougar MFD, Logitech G13
                    VR:Valve Index

Comment

Originally posted by padonis View Post
                      Unfortunately, this solution also reduces the clarity of lines and numbers on JHMCS - HMD
                      Blame ED and ask why it isn‘t basically fixed since months.

The time I discovered this workaround, the JHMCS wasn‘t even at the horizon...

Nevertheless: Thx for the hint!

Comment

Hi,

I've done everything and the panel appears in my fourth (lower) monitor, however it's not showing anything in the mfds, or any other display/gauge on this panel. The mostly work, but all the displays are empty. Does anyone have any idea as to what might be happening???

Thanks.

Comment

I have been out of this for awhile but I experienced this many times myself, likely due to monitor config file? For starters, I would suggest running DCS without Helios running just to see if any of your exports are appearing any where?
                          Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ulrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (Modded)

Comment

No gauges appear by themselves in any monitor

Comment

Ok, just in case, my monitors are positioned in a "T" arrangement in which I have 3 32" on top and 1 27" below. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out what is happening. I really don't know if I was supposed to add the gauges apart from the panel.

Comment

Hello,

1/ I try to dl the F18C template but I got a corrupt archive error, not you (the export file.rar too!)?
                                  https://mega.nz/#!Q5knXRBa!ewTPmbHXc...n5kDqLAnWerVPQ

2/ Is it possible to export the light panel but, each light by light? To get this thing :

Thanks!
                                  Last edited 12-27-2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

1) I just tested your download link and it works fine and opens fine with WinRar 5.30.
                                    Intel I7-6700K 4.00ghz (OC @ 4.7ghz) │ Asus Maximus VIII Extreme │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
                                    Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti 11gb │ Sandisk SSD Drives │ 3x Acer 28" │ 1x 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
                                    -- Thread -- ♥ Download

Comment

Originally posted by Snacko View Post
                                      1) I just tested your download link and it works fine and opens fine with WinRar 5.30.
                                      Thanks, it works with winrar 5.3

[Edit] Perfect! Just do all this properly.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...89/unknown.png
                                      Last edited 12-27-2018, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, i just started flying the F18 and downloaded Capt Zeen's helios profile and everything and all the viewports aren't showing on my Helios Monitor, they're just blank boxes. I read the fix on the first page of this thread but I'm a bit lost. Does anyone have a how to, step by step, on how to export these views to show on the helios monitor? My helios monitor is 1920x180. Thanks!
                                        Windows 10
                                        ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO
                                        intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)
                                        16 GB Ram
                                        EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition
                                        SSD
                                        Trackir

Comment

Having trouble turning knobs in the profile.

How do the knobs/rotaries work? Is there a touch area on the left and right side that you just click(doesn't work for me). Of do you flip your finger/mouse up/down? Or left/right? Or in a circle(seems to work "sometimes")?

What is the best way to move your finger/mouse to make a dial turn clockwise or counterclockwise?

Argg..
                                          Intel I7-6700K 4.00ghz (OC @ 4.7ghz) │ Asus Maximus VIII Extreme │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
                                          Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti 11gb │ Sandisk SSD Drives │ 3x Acer 28" │ 1x 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
                                          -- Thread -- ♥ Download

Comment

Working...
                                          X