Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capt Zeen SU27 and SU33 Helios Profiles ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Cap Zeen
    I am Using the export.lua you provide and placed it in this directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Scripts . I also tried placing it on another directory where I found an Export folder : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Config\Export , however It cant get the Gages to work. I am wondering if this is compatible only with LOCK ON DCS FC2, do you have any feedback regarding the Use of The Profiles on STEAM?? thanks and By the Way , Buena suerte españa en La Eurocopa. saludos de Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Xnipe28 View Post
      Thanks Cap Zeen
      I am Using the export.lua you provide and placed it in this directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Scripts . I also tried placing it on another directory where I found an Export folder : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Config\Export , however It cant get the Gages to work. I am wondering if this is compatible only with LOCK ON DCS FC2, do you have any feedback regarding the Use of The Profiles on STEAM?? thanks and By the Way , Buena suerte españa en La Eurocopa. saludos de Mexico.

I dont have the Steam version, i use the DCS one, so i really don't know where you need to put your export.lua in your installation, but in the DCS one, is not there !

Is in C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Capt_Zeen_HELIOS PROFILES_WEBSITE
      Capt_Zeen_Youtube Channel

Comment

Capt Zeen, you are awesome.

But you HAVE to stop hardcoding the monitor coordinates, man! Please! Set the position of MFCD's or whatever to be at some width or height of the total width/height. Having to and work out your resolution and then convert the coordinates to my monitor is a pain in the ass tbh.
        Autonomous ground AI project

Comment

Originally posted by gromit190 View Post
          Capt Zeen, you are awesome.

But you HAVE to stop hardcoding the monitor coordinates, man! Please! Set the position of MFCD's or whatever to be at some width or height of the total width/height. Having to and work out your resolution and then convert the coordinates to my monitor is a pain in the ass tbh.

Hehe,
          Just take a screenshot with helios opened, and use a paint program to get the coordinates and size of the space of the mfcd, is so symple !

Comment

Originally posted by Xnipe28 View Post
            Thanks Cap Zeen

Im having this same problem except I have the export.lua installed in the correct location. It seems like I can get the A10 and Ka50 to work correctly, but the FC planes gauges do not work.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Zeen View Post
              Hehe,
              Just take a screenshot with helios opened, and use a paint program to get the coordinates and size of the space of the mfcd, is so symple !
              Sorry, I didn't mean sound disrespectful. Got a little frustrated. I'm sincerely grateful for your awesome work on these profiles!
              Used a lot of time yesterday before I realized I was trying to fit the 10:9 profile on my 16:9 monitor

But anyways, let me clarify what I mean by "width or height of the total width/height": For instance, you have set the parameters of the right "MFCD" of the KA-50 like this

Code:
              --ABRIS
              RIGHT_MFCD =
              {
                   x = 2237;
                   y = 0;
                   width = 489;
                   height = 708;
              }
              Knowing (or, assuming) you use a 1280*1024 monitor to the left and a 1440*900 monitor to the right, I change the parameters to.
              Code:
              --ABRIS
              RIGHT_MFCD =
              {
                   x = (2237 - 1280) / 1440 * SecondMonitor.width + SecondMonitor.x;
                   y = 0 + SecondMonitor.y;
                   width = 489 / 1440 * SecondMonitor.width;
                   height = 708 / 900 * SecondMonitor.height;
              }
              I define my "SecondMonitor" like this:
              Code:
              -- Specify your second monitor here to align the viewports correctly
              SecondMonitor = {
                  x = 0;
                  y = 1080;
                  width = 1920;
                  height = 1080;
              }
              What I'm trying to demonstrate here is that the user of this monitor setup file will only have to change the "SecondMonitor" definition, then all the viewports will be aligned correctly to his/her monitor (programmatically, without having to specify all the parameters manually). So instead of configuring ALL the parameters, it will only be the four "SecondMonitor" values. I think you get the idea.

I think this might save a lot of time for the users of your profiles, at least it will for me

If anybody's interested, I will post my monitor setup for the KA-50 later today.

EDIT: On second thought, I think I'll post the monitor setup file here instead
              Last edited by gromit190; 09-16-2016, 02:42 PM.
              Autonomous ground AI project

Comment

Originally posted by RvE_Moltar View Post
                Im having this same problem except I have the export.lua installed in the correct location. It seems like I can get the A10 and Ka50 to work correctly, but the FC planes gauges do not work.
                Bump

Comment

Bump
                  i am going to take a look as soon i arrive home.

Comment

Originally posted by gromit190 View Post
                    Sorry, I didn't mean sound disrespectful. Got a little frustrated. I'm sincerely grateful for your awesome work on these profiles!
                    Used a lot of time yesterday before I realized I was trying to fit the 10:9 profile on my 16:9 monitor

But anyways, let me clarify what I mean by "width or height of the total width/height": For instance, you have set the parameters of the right "MFCD" of the KA-50 like this

Code:
                    --ABRIS
                    RIGHT_MFCD =
                    {
                         x = 2237;
                         y = 0;
                         width = 489;
                         height = 708;
                    }
                    Knowing (or, assuming) you use a 1280*1024 monitor to the left and a 1440*900 monitor to the right, I change the parameters to.
                    Code:
                    --ABRIS
                    RIGHT_MFCD =
                    {
                         x = (2237 - 1280) / 1440 * SecondMonitor.width + SecondMonitor.x;
                         y = 0 + SecondMonitor.y;
                         width = 489 / 1440 * SecondMonitor.width;
                         height = 708 / 900 * SecondMonitor.height;
                    }
                    I define my "SecondMonitor" like this:
                    Code:
                    -- Specify your second monitor here to align the viewports correctly
                    SecondMonitor = {
                        x = 0;
                        y = 1080;
                        width = 1920;
                        height = 1080;
                    }
                    What I'm trying to demonstrate here is that the user of this monitor setup file will only have to change the "SecondMonitor" definition, then all the viewports will be aligned correctly to his/her monitor (programmatically, without having to specify all the parameters manually). So instead of configuring ALL the parameters, it will only be the four "SecondMonitor" values. I think you get the idea.

I think this might save a lot of time for the users of your profiles, at least it will for me

If anybody's interested, I will post my monitor setup for the KA-50 later today.

EDIT: On second thought, I think I'll post the monitor setup file here instead

Thats a good idea.
                    I am going to implement this in the new gazelle monitor configuration.
                    Thanks !

Comment

i am going to take a look as soon i arrive home.
                      Really appreciate you taking a look.

I could be something I am doing, but the F15, A10, and KA50 all work with no issues. The only exception is the SU27. None of the gauges work at all. I will say though that the F15 only seems to have partial gauges working. Meaning that the weapons panel and a short number of other gauges don't work. More than happy to test anything you need and/or give you any information about my setup to help you out.

Would be so nice to have a working SU27 profile!

Thanks Zeen!

Comment

Really appreciate you taking a look.

I could be something I am doing, but the F15, A10, and KA50 all work with no issues. The only exception is the SU27. None of the gauges work at all. I will say though that the F15 only seems to have partial gauges working. Meaning that the weapons panel and a short number of other gauges don't work. More than happy to test anything you need and/or give you any information about my setup to help you out.

Would be so nice to have a working SU27 profile!

Thanks Zeen!

I just test it, and it seem to work correct.
                        I need to check the aoa instrument, i dont know why is not working properly, but everything else is working fine, so......

You need to be sure you are using the correct export.lua
                        Notice that in my site, in download section, only one of the export.lua files is compatible with su27/33. Use that one !

if you are using that one, check it again ! open the export.lua in notepad++ and look at the top of the file. The data need to be 20/Jan/2016
                        Well if you are sure you are using the correct one, and the profile dont work, please send it to me. I can take a look at your profile, sometimes Helios broke the profiles when you do the reset monitors, in some circunstances.

Screenshot from tonight test:

Comment

Pretty sure its the correct export.lua.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByD...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Pretty sure its the correct export.lua.

send me your helios profile, please.

Comment

send me your helios profile, please.
                              Here you go.

Comment

OK, test this one. Is fixed !!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...mRwOFIzSVNlU1E

This is the 3er time i see this error.

And always converting to system with 4 or more monitors.
                                Helios move the graphics to the correct monitor, but not the bindings. They stay in monitor 2, even if you move everything to monitor 3. Like in this case

If someone have this problem too:

To solve this problem just open the profile in notepad++ and using the tool replace, replace all the "monitor 2" by your correct number. In that case "monitor 3"

Let me know how it works!

Comment

Working...
                                X