X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Da Man, Chuck!
    sigpic
    http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php
    High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.
    www.crosswindimages.com

Comment

• Hi Charly:

F/A-18 guide, Chapter 2.10 (Laser maverick), points 23 and 24: Your are saying to enable and use Laser Trig feature but:

- Releasing trigger button laser goes off.
      - If you keep trigger pressed, then Weapon Release button does not work (maybe due it conflicts with trigger).

Someone says this is just a bug, others that Laser Trig feature should be used for buddy lasing only, some others says that ED has changed something and your procedure is now outdated.
      In all the cases, in order to launch AGM-65E you need to activate LTD-R and then just press the weapon release button: this will fire laser and keep it on.
      I've tried that way and it works.

Also, not 100% sure, but the same issue might occur on Paveway LGB usage too..
      sigpic
      RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights".

"Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      CPU: i7-4970K@4GHz|GPU: GTX-1070 AMP Extreme|RAM: 32GB DDR3@1600MHz|SSD: 850EVO + 860EVO|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Comment

• First and foremost; A huge thanks for providing such excellent and nice guides. I absolutely love using them for learning a new airframe.

May I ask something for future versions (not asking for a full redesign of whats been released)?

Background:
        Due to VR and lack of physical surroundings I convert many of the pages over to the kneeboard. Since the kneeboard is a portrait-mode page I snip mostly the left part of the pages, at a roughly 4:3 ratio.
        And it works great for most pages as I get the gist of what I need to remember in the procedures (for startup and like).

Question:
        Would it be possible to try to keep the text on the left-most side of the page? This is quite useful for the content such as startup, which can be considered as 'checklists' but with better information (key bindings and other hints).
        It works nicely for 80% of the pages as I don't need the images in later stages.

I know I can grab checklists from other places, but I do prefer the additional hints you have in the guides.
        The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Comment

• Originally posted by Charly_Owl View Post
          The Ka-50 Black Shark guide has finally been updated!

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX970 | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win7HPx64)
          Samsung 27" | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | Trustmaster MFD Cougars & 2 x 8"TFTs | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 SwitchPanel & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
          MY MODS | Discord: Devrim#1068

Mi-24P Hind EN Cockpit WIP: %95

Comment

• Originally posted by Panzertard View Post
            First and foremost; A huge thanks for providing such excellent and nice guides. I absolutely love using them for learning a new airframe.

May I ask something for future versions (not asking for a full redesign of whats been released)?

Background:
            Due to VR and lack of physical surroundings I convert many of the pages over to the kneeboard. Since the kneeboard is a portrait-mode page I snip mostly the left part of the pages, at a roughly 4:3 ratio.
            And it works great for most pages as I get the gist of what I need to remember in the procedures (for startup and like).

Question:
            Would it be possible to try to keep the text on the left-most side of the page? This is quite useful for the content such as startup, which can be considered as 'checklists' but with better information (key bindings and other hints).
            It works nicely for 80% of the pages as I don't need the images in later stages.

I know I can grab checklists from other places, but I do prefer the additional hints you have in the guides.
            I'll try to keep that in mind for future guides.
            Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library
            Chuck's Guides on Mudspike
            Chuck's Youtube Channel
            Chuck's Patreon

Comment

• Hi folks!

Last January, Eagle Dynamics dubbed 2020 to be the "Year of the Hornet". With a brand new air-to-ground radar, SLAM cruise missile and an updated LITENING II targeting pod, many sections of my Hornet guide became obsolete. Therefore, I eventually had to begin the very long and complex process of going back through everything and planning what had to be changed and what had to be added. A few hundred gallons of coffee later, there we are. We all know other updates will eventually come, but let's not think about it too hard for now.

The F/A-18C Hornet guide update is now available! See first post.

Changelog:
              (22/09/2020)
              • Start-Up procedure updated for INS update
              • Carrier takeoff procedure updated for Supercarrier
              • Radar acquisition modes clarified
              • ACM radar mods clarified
              • JHMCS operation clarified
              • Targeting Pod updated
              • Added AIr-to-Ground Radar MAP & Expanded modes
              • Weapon section re-structured
              • Updated JSOW tutorials
              • Updated JDAM tutorials
              • Updated GBU-12 tutorial
              • Fuel Dump clarifications
              • Master Modes clarifications
              • Engine section expanded
              • Fuel section expanded
              • AGM-84E SLAM tutorials added
              • MK20 Rockeye tutorial added
              • AGM-65 IR Maverick tutorial with tgp added
              • AGM-65E Laser Maverick tutorial updated
              • HSI (Horizontal Situation Indicator) section expanded
              • RWR symbology clarified (N, I, A, U, F)
              • Landing tips added (including HUD declutter and velocity vector caging)

Overall, a lot of new stuff crammed in there... the page count went from 350 to 530+ pages. Once again, if you guys still have any suggestions, recommendations or corrections, please let me know.
              Chuck's Youtube Channel
              Chuck's Patreon

Comment

• Thank you!
                Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

Comment

• Thanks Chuck!
                  sigpic

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My 2.5.5 DCS VR Settings, My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & Stable

Comment

• Thanks a lot!
                    sigpic
                    RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights".

"Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    CPU: i7-4970K@4GHz|GPU: GTX-1070 AMP Extreme|RAM: 32GB DDR3@1600MHz|SSD: 850EVO + 860EVO|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Comment

• As always, thanks so much for all the hard work!
                      Intel i9 10900K 5.1GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil WarBRD Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM2 · Virpil Alpha Grip · HP Reverb Pro

Comment

• Thank you doesn't seem like enough Chuck. Your manuals are really apreciated.
                        Buzz

Comment

• I couldn't get the link for the manual to work on this forum. If you have the same problem.

Go here.

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guid...-a-18c-hornet/
                          Buzz

Comment

• Chuck ... the Best!!!!!

Comment

• Un grand merci Chuck
                              MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Comment

• Added markpoints for the Hornet guide. See first post.
                                Chuck's Youtube Channel
                                Chuck's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X