X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A huge thank you Chuck!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BuzzU View Post
      I assume at some point you'll update the A-10C to A-10c ll?
      That's what I'm currently working on.
      Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library
      Chuck's Guides on Mudspike
      Chuck's Youtube Channel
      Chuck's Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Charly_Owl View Post

Thanks Chuck!!!
        Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370
        CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz
        Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000
        Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB
        Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K
        1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB
        1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB
        Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004
        CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Comment

Thank you.
          Buzz

Comment

The F-16C Viper guide update is now available! See first post.

Changelog:
            (19/10/2020)
            • Updated targeting pod section with new modes and functions (Snowplow, Cursor Zero, Air-to-Air mode, etc.)
            • Revised existing weapon procedures using the targeting pod
            • Added Maverick air-to-ground missile weapon tutorials
            • Added HARM anti-radiation missile weapon tutorial (HAS mode)
            • Fixed typos and mistakes across the whole document
            Tank you 1000!

Thank you 2000!
            RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights".

"Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            CPU: i7-4970K@4GHz|GPU: GTX-1070 AMP Extreme|RAM: 32GB DDR3@1600MHz|SSD: 850EVO + 860EVO|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Comment

Just performed an emergency update for the Harrier targeting pod. The update is merely a stopgap measure until the TGP procedures and LITENING section is completely revisited at a (much later) date.
              Chuck's Youtube Channel
              Chuck's Patreon

Comment

Would be nice if you can add "This may take several minutes." in Harrier doc on page 67, step 27. "Check that brake accumulator Pressure stabilizes at 3000 +/- 200 psi. This may take several minutes." as it currently does take quite a while until brake-system pressure is built up.
                DCS Wishlist: Stinger fix, canopy 6DOF tracking-limit (deny head-through-canopy), TOR SAM selfdestruct bugfix, 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM
                BlueFlag PvP server: Discord
                realtime maps: gadget.buddyspike.net
                Dell Visor WMR, Ryzen 5 3600 (6C/12T), RX 580 8GB
                PvP: 100+ hours AV-8B VTOL, JF-17 AKG-A2A, F-16C, F-14 pilot - PvP campaigns since 2013

Comment

Chuck just wanted to say thank you for all of the incredible work you have done on your guides. They really are the essential reading for anyone flying in DCS. Really appreciate it mate!
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi folks,

The A-10C II "Tank Killer" Expansion update to the Warthog guide is now live! See first post.

Changelog (11/11/2020):
                    • Functions grouped by "Legacy" vs "Tank Killer" variants
                    • HOTAS functions updated
                    • Updated targeting pod section with clarifications of existing functions (Steerpoint Slaving, Boresight, etc.)
                    • Added Scorpion HMCS (Helmet-Mounted Cueing System) section
                    • Included new GBU-38 JDAM HUD symbology for "Tank Killer" expansion
                    • Added GBU-54 Laser JDAM tutorial
                    • Added APKWS (Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System) laser-guided rockets tutorial
                    • Added AGM-65L Laser Maverick air-to-ground missile tutorial
                    • Fixed typos and mistakes across the whole document
                    Overall, a lot of cool new systems and functions are in... and the page count went from 420+ to 520+ pages. Once again, if you guys still have any suggestions, recommendations or corrections, please let me know.
                    Chuck's Youtube Channel
                    Chuck's Patreon

Comment

Thank you. You're the best.
                      Buzz

Comment

Number one, as always... thanks SO much!!!
                        BlueRaven

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

Comment

Superb as usual Chuck!
                          Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:
                          http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Comment

Merci tout plein camarade !
                            I've just started DCS and learn to fly with the A10C II.
                            It's just the right translator that my brain needed to convert the cockpit command in what I have to do.

Comment

Thank you sir! Outstanding work
                              Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ulrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (Modded)

Comment

Chuck. I've just studied F-16C guide.
                                Man! Awesome work, really!

Then, that idea came my mind: Why don't you prepare Training Missions? with your voice?
                                I'm sure you would really really do a great job, man!
                                Edit Note: Not YouTube videos I mean. Just like DCS World's interactive training missions.

Thanks a lot again!
                                i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win7HPx64)
                                Samsung 32" | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | Trustmaster MFD Cougars & 2 x 8"TFTs | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 SwitchPanel & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
                                MY MODS | Discord: Devrim#1068

Mi-24P Hind EN Cockpit WIP: %99

Comment

These guides are fantastic! I much prefer written material to reference.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but using VRKneeboard and rotating Chuck's PDFs 90CCW and then rotating the kneeboard it is possible to get an additional landscape kneeboard whilst keeping the DCS kneeboard portrait for the standard charts. This is perfect for referencing Chuck's guides whilst in the cockpit in VR.
                                  Intel i5 8600K 4.8GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Pro · TUF Z370 Pro · HP Reverb Pro · 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 1Tb SSD · 32Gb G-Skill 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Thrustmaster Warthog . JetSeat

Comment

Thank you Chuck for updating the guide to include the A-10C II features, it is so valuable. I have a question for the group. When you look at pages (Adobe reader page numbers) 154-155, do they appear slightly blurry to you at all? When you compare them to pages 152-153, I can see a noticeable difference in the clarity. I saw this because when I magnify the zoom to 125%, the fonts gets worse on new pages 154-155 and not 152-153. I use a second monitor with Chuck's guide on the right and DCS straight ahead. I am not trying to be nit-picky. I print the controller pages to help me map my switches as I use a Virpil throttle. When the pages print, the clarity is just not there. I also want to point out that I do not have visual clarity of a 20yr old any more! Thanks again and good day to all of you.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow!
                                      Thanks very much for the Helicopter Guides. Awesome work!

Comment

Chuck, you are a god. I would not have begun the steep learning curve without your manuals.

Comment

Just want drop a thanks here Chuck. You’ve made things easier to grasp in several different modules. Amazing work.

Comment

Working...
                                          X