Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #21
    Hi Charly,

    thank you so much for your hard work. Its really fantastic.

    Amazing how you make such guides. I like them all.

    Its a great help. Thank you mate

    S!

    Comment


      #22
      Great work as always Charly, but one thing you might need to change in the P-51D start up section is that you need the engine turning when you prime it after a recent update.

      Thanks

      Comment


        #23
        Originally posted by NeilWillis View Post
        Great work as always Charly, but one thing you might need to change in the P-51D start up section is that you need the engine turning when you prime it after a recent update.

        Thanks
        I intend to completely rewrite the P-51D guide once I am done with the A-10C and the Mi-8.

        The P-40 and the P-47 are still nowhere to be seen, so I still have some time for other modules.
        Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library
        Chuck's Guides on Mudspike
        Chuck's Youtube Channel
        Chuck's Patreon

        Comment


          #24
          Bookmarked. Thanks a ton!
          sigpic

          Comment


            #25
            Excellent news Charly Owl. Your work is very much appreciated.

            Comment


              #26
              Hi Chuck,

              may i suggest some corrections on the Bf 109 on page 12.

              The release handle says : Kühlerabschaltung

              You wrote its the jettison ordnance handle but its the left radiator cutt off handle.

              Thank you

              Comment


                #27
                Originally posted by LcSummers View Post
                Hi Chuck,

                may i suggest some corrections on the Bf 109 on page 12.

                The release handle says : Kühlerabschaltung

                You wrote its the jettison ordnance handle but its the left radiator cutt off handle.

                Thank you
                The DCS manual states that this handle is a "Ordnance Emergency Release Handle".

                Page 72 ED Bf.109 manual.

                But I must admit that the label is somewhat confusing. I would ask DavidRed or Yo-Yo if I were you.
                Last edited 05-31-2015, 07:34 AM.
                Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library
                Chuck's Guides on Mudspike
                Chuck's Youtube Channel
                Chuck's Patreon

                Comment


                  #28
                  I will start the Bf 109 and check the keys and the animation. I do live in Germany, so i wanted to point this out.

                  Btw, where do you have the JG 52 skins for the tailwheel lock.

                  S!

                  Edit: I checked the animation and the tool tips, they are right. Kühlerabschaltung is the radiator cut off.

                  Bombennotwurfgriff is the emergency handle and its animation is working well. It was only a suggestion.


                  S!
                  Last edited 05-31-2015, 07:51 AM.

                  Comment


                    #29
                    Originally posted by LcSummers View Post
                    I will start the Bf 109 and check the keys and the animation. I do live in Germany, so i wanted to point this out.

                    Btw, where do you have the JG 52 skins for the tailwheel lock.

                    S!

                    Edit: I checked the animation and the tool tips, they are right. Kühlerabschaltung is the radiator cut off.

                    Bombennotwurfgriff is the emergency handle and its animation is working well. It was only a suggestion.


                    S!
                    I re-tested it, and it appears that you are right and I was wrong.

                    Fixed. Thank you for raising up the issue.
                    Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library
                    Chuck's Guides on Mudspike
                    Chuck's Youtube Channel
                    Chuck's Patreon

                    Comment


                      #30
                      No problem Chuck,

                      you have made so many tutorials, it can happen.

                      I only wanted to help

                      Comment


                        #31
                        Originally posted by LcSummers View Post
                        I only wanted to help
                        No worries... I work in a field where being right is NEVER a bad thing.
                        Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library
                        Chuck's Guides on Mudspike
                        Chuck's Youtube Channel
                        Chuck's Patreon

                        Comment


                          #32
                          thanks for the update of a-10c
                          sigpic

                          My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

                          | Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |
                          | TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

                          Comment


                            #33
                            I can't thank you enough. those will sure come in handy.

                            Comment


                              #34
                              I just "overflew" the 109 guide and i think i found sth like "mistake"

                              you state that on takeoff the Proppitch should be at 12:30..... from ALL other sources i heard that it has to be at straight 12 oclock.

                              just a minor thing , cause you can takeoff with almost every setting between 1230 - 1100.... depending on the length of the runway
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by vikko
                              There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .
                              www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach
                              www.twitch.tv/schnarre
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schna...743788?fref=ts

                              Comment


                                #35
                                Schnarre, he does not state the propeller pitch for take off, he states, correctly, that when switching on automatic pitch control, the pitch should move to 12.30.

                                With that said, I think it would be a good idea to include a guide for manual propeller pitch settings, in case the automatic control is broken.
                                Could this be done you think, Charly_Owl?
                                System specs:
                                Spoiler:
                                Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)
                                Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals
                                , Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

                                Comment


                                  #36
                                  Thank You SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the great info, I like it all and its very useful !

                                  Comment


                                    #37
                                    Originally posted by Sporg View Post
                                    Schnarre, he does not state the propeller pitch for take off, he states, correctly, that when switching on automatic pitch control, the pitch should move to 12.30.

                                    With that said, I think it would be a good idea to include a guide for manual propeller pitch settings, in case the automatic control is broken.
                                    Could this be done you think, Charly_Owl?
                                    Of course it can. I plan to re-write the guides for the FW190, Bf.109 and the P-51D Mustang once I'm done with the Mi-8.

                                    These were the very first guides I wrote, so there is a LOT to be improved.
                                    Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library
                                    Chuck's Guides on Mudspike
                                    Chuck's Youtube Channel
                                    Chuck's Patreon

                                    Comment


                                      #38
                                      i didnt read precise to be honest ... i think i just saw takeoff and 1230 ... its not important ... as said .. its possible to take off in more proppitch settings
                                      sigpic
                                      Originally posted by vikko
                                      There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .
                                      www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach
                                      www.twitch.tv/schnarre
                                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schna...743788?fref=ts

                                      Comment


                                        #39
                                        Originally posted by Charly_Owl View Post
                                        Of course it can. I plan to re-write the guides for the FW190, Bf.109 and the P-51D Mustang once I'm done with the Mi-8.

                                        These were the very first guides I wrote, so there is a LOT to be improved.
                                        Sounds good.

                                        And BTW I forgot to put my big thanks for your guides: I think it is super work and very helpful.

                                        One tip more for the BF-109:
                                        I have noticed that in normal cases 12 activations of the fuel pump is enough to put the pressure exactly in the right position for startup.
                                        Maybe worth to include in the guide also?
                                        (I usually call for inertial start before I start pumping, then I'm ready at the same time as the inertia wheel.)
                                        System specs:
                                        Spoiler:
                                        Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)
                                        Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals
                                        , Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

                                        Comment


                                          #40
                                          All right, Mi-8 guide is up as well.

                                          Time to take a break... for a couple of months.
                                          Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library
                                          Chuck's Guides on Mudspike
                                          Chuck's Youtube Channel
                                          Chuck's Patreon

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X