New forum vs old forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NineLine View Post
    It's not about getting the old forum back, this was a long-overdue software update, we won't be going back, sorry. We will just push through the issues and get it working as we like, thanks.
    Please implement a more modern graphical design / texture for this new software, like other forums do for example the Combat Ace community, War Thunder, IL-2 Sturmovik, Elite Dangerous forums.

Comment

+1 for the update being hideous

Comment

The old forum allowed me to see which forums had recent posts. Now I have to go inside each individual forum to see if there have been any recent posts, and it's much harder to see what's new and what isn't.

Visually, the forums look like something I used in the 2006~2009 time frame, and functionally this text box where I'm typing now is akin to the online university class forums I used in the same timeframe. It's outdated rubbish.
        YouTube Channel: "Clutch"

Z390 Aorus Elite | i5-9600k @4.7Ghz | RTX2070 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | Odyssey Plus | Warthog HOTAS | 20cm Extension

Comment

I was wondering what was going on with the layout. This new layout is not in the least bit user friendly. Change it back!
          Last edited 10-21-2020, 06:49 AM.

Comment

This is just a terrible experience

Comment

Hopefully it's just a case of them rebuilding the... I think they are called stylesheets for the forum?
              i7 9700k@ 5GHZ - 32 GB RAM - 1080TI

~Moo

Comment

Originally posted by YoYo View Post
                Its TRAGEDY : ((((((

We back to 2002 ....
                you're right
                My two cents about the turn this community is taking
                https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=284141

Comment

Originally posted by Marnes23 View Post
                  This is just a terrible experience
                  lol yes it is
                  My two cents about the turn this community is taking
                  https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=284141

Comment

When I first saw this I thought there is a technical issue, knowing now this is intentional I can only say "how could you?" Please put your efforts in getting modules ready, bugs fixed, new features into planes, but not into forum "improvement" which is anything but an improvement.
                    Man, the results of this poll could not speak more clearly.

Comment

Why why why why why...........new look is terrible, if it aint broke, dont fix it...please revert.......

No signatures, no avatars, its Sh1te......
                      System specs: Scan 3XS i9 9900K @5ghz, 32GB Corsair veng DDR4 2666, EVGA GTX 2080ti Win 10. Reverb G2 on order , 40 inch 4K Phillips monitor. Real simulator FSSB R3 with F-16 SGRH grip and warthog with RS F-18 grip, plus Cubesim TM MFD's, Tir5. Winwing F-18 throttle, Tek creations UFC, panels. Cougar throttle & TUSBA, plus ICP for the Viper. MFG crosswind rudders. Jet seat and butt kicker..

Comment

Originally posted by markturner1960 View Post
                        Why why why why why...........new look is terrible, if it aint broke, dont fix it...please revert.......

No signatures, no avatars, its Sh1te......
                        Signatures and avatars can be enabled by clicking on your profile to the top right -> User Settings -> Account -> then find 'Conversation Detail Options' where you can enable/disable avatars, signatures and your own signature.

Originally posted by Falcon_S View Post
                        Where is my favorite "New Posts" link?
                        There's a blue button to the left of individual threads that allow you to quickly see the latest posts, but you have to actually be in the respective forum/sub-forum to see them.

Originally posted by Falcon_S View Post
                        Admins, please remove subforums from index pages and it will looks better. That Subforum links is just wasting space and big hole in a screen.
                        Agreed, I'd rather have the subforums listed like they were previously, with the latest post shown.
                        Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk
                        Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/cHQdNq

Comment

Just get over it. You will survive.
                          B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, Ryzen 3600, 32Gb DDR4 3600MHz, GTX1070Ti, CH Stuff, Oculus CV1

Wishlist:
                          AH-64
                          F-15E
                          F-117A

Comment

I liked the old one, easy to find my way around and looked good. This new one looks like a step backward.

Comment

But it isn't. Boy are we a conservative lot. The old forum was a pain to read on a mobile device. This isn't. It was a pain to maintain and secure. This one most likely isn't. It's called progress buddy. And yea, that entails change.
                              I5 9600KF, 32GB, 1070, CV1, PointCTRL

Comment

Found my signature (with some help).

Hope they fix this pre-alpha of an ugly azz forum.
                                Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Comment

seems fine to me, just as easy to navigate as the old one, same categories, just looks different.

Comment

It looks horrible. It's not fine, and a huge downgrade for the users. I don't care if the backend is better, they should trim down the wasted space and return to the old color scheme.

I couldn't care less for mobile, either. Phone users should get their own site. Flightsims are played on beefy PCs with widescreen monitors.

Comment

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

It needed to be updated due to reasons on their end. They are probably getting feed back by those that are not complaining and moaning and will change it as and where needed.
                                      General 3D modeling thread and reference sites
                                      UK liveries for planes, ships and MODS.
                                      The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
                                      "Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
                                      Please send all hate mail to No11
                                      Updates to my stuff are now going here

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Fox View Post
                                        I've literally been looking at this for 15 minutes and just thought: "Wow. What a mess. Why? Why? Why? Seriously, why?".

I really hate to tell, but from a professional (20 years of webdesign experience on my belly) as well as a users POV, this is the most horrible thing i've seen in quite a while.
                                        There's so many basic design and usability principles punched right in the face it literally made my hamster.exe stop for minutes. I didn't know where to start, it's been overwhelming.

Really, please: either try to revert to the old design, which was quite okay or find another theme that shows relevant information in a clear, condensed way. This in all seriousness is nothing i want to visit several times a day, not even several times a month and it's no case of "you need to get used to it, take your time".

After recovering i thought i visualize for better expressiveness. That's just the very first things i recognized without really using the forums at all.

Click image for larger version Name:	New forum.jpg Views:	0 Size:	238.6 KB ID:	7111964

Click image for larger version Name:	New forum 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.2 KB ID:	7111965
                                        I like the ‘like’ function but yeah, it seems useless, I want to see the latest posts, mainly, is there a new update, if there isn’t an update and it’s still the one last Saturday or Wednesday or for Igor RIP, off the forum until I have time to get on my desktop and look at specifics

why fix something that wasn’t broken?

Comment

Since we are entitled to an opinion. I don't like it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X