New forum vs old forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anjin_San View Post
    Anybody Know were the user files are ie skins ect?
    On Forum? Here https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...eries-skinning .
    Webmaster of www.yoyosims.pl
    sigpic
    Win 10 64, i9 9900k, GTX 2080Ti 11Gb OC, RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz,, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2 VR only

Comment

The new "Style" is not god, when you sit opn a desktop and searching what for new posts.
      The Old one was more clearer. Maybe find some that goes mor like the old one
      sigpic
      aka WarLord
      DCSFlightpanels DCS-BIOS Fork
      DCSFlightpanels
      DCSFlightpanels-Profiles
      DCS FP / BIOS Discord Server

Comment

No sense in whining about it guys. This is what we have now. I'm sure ED didn't do this because they wanted to. No matter how much you ask for the old forum. It's gone.
        Buzz

Comment

Yes, please bring back old layout of the forum! Totally confusing!

Comment

I suspect that the move was aimed to be more suitable to mobile access (the ever present "mobile tyranny"). Maybe the stats showed the team that the majority of access are coming from small devices. Maybe they just wanted something new. If it was the first one, although I agree that nowadays everyone is using mobile access way more than desktop access (count me out!), I play DCS on a desktop, and thus most of the time I'm accessing the forums I'm on the same desktop, with a bigger screen on my face, not having to squeeze my eyes to read on a tiny little smartphone screen. Anyway, as all things in life, give it time and we will adapt. I see that we can have different themes on this one... it may be enhanced, I guess.

Comment

This is very bad
              Last edited 10-20-2020, 04:01 PM. Reason: Emojis don't seem to work...
              F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109
              Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Comment

I dont care about looks, but I do miss a way to just see the threads with new posts

edit: I also wonder what happened to my photo galleries

edit 2: does anyone knows what is the meaning of the bargraph beneath the avatar pic, on the left sidebar?
                Last edited 10-20-2020, 04:06 PM.
                For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
                For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1
                Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Comment

Well DCS was heading down the drain for years, so this is just a continuation of the trend I guess. Really sad.

Comment

+1 this is god aweful looking
                    Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures

Comment

Originally posted by spacefox View Post
                      Even PMDG uses the same forum format software

The format looks nice and all.
                      Just had a look at that one. It seems to work better as it has Latest Activity and my Subscriptions set at the top level of the forum. Here it is set at a sub-sub-forum level which makes it nigh on unusable as a feature. So hopefully that is simply how it has been set up and can be altered.

Intel i5 8600K 4.8GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Pro · TUF Z370 Pro · HP Reverb Pro · 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 1Tb SSD · 32Gb G-Skill 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Thrustmaster Warthog . JetSeat

Comment

Originally posted by Rudel_chw View Post
                        edit 2: does anyone knows what is the meaning of the bargraph beneath the avatar pic, on the left sidebar?
                        Hovering over it looks like reputation. You good, me bad

Edit: tried to add a smilie at the end of that and failed!
                        Intel i5 8600K 4.8GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Pro · TUF Z370 Pro · HP Reverb Pro · 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 1Tb SSD · 32Gb G-Skill 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Thrustmaster Warthog . JetSeat

Comment

Originally posted by markuscha View Post
                          Yes.Revert to classic wold be a thing for me,too !
                          Missing to be able to read the last post of a topic !

Well......all said. The old style was more "convenient"....
                          sigpicmy rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Comment

The forum got hacked? Is that a fall back/backup solution for ermergencies? When do we get back the right forum?

Comment

Oh no, something changed, it's the end of the world!

It'll take some getting used to, that's for sure.

What I'm seeing immediately is that URLs now reflect the name of the forum and thread, which is a huge plus IMO.

There's also a redirect for old URLs, so they're not broken.

It seems messages are now automatically saved while being typed. For someone like me who tends to type long messages that people then probably don't even read, that's another big bonus, not losing my input when I accidentally navigate back or forth, or my Internet fails or something else goes wrong.

It seems the old reputation has made its way back, which can be a good thing, especially since I'm only seeing an upvote-possibility, but not one for downvoting, which was mostly bad anyway. And it seems we might now vote on posts instead of users, which has actually been a very long time request of mine.

For starters, this looks very promising.

Edit:

CTRL+b now changes the selected text to boldface. Awesome! Every other forum out there has had that feature for years, and now the ED forum has caught up.

Private messages are organized in threads, which is brilliant! With the screenshot contest and a few hickups with gifting via the E-Shop, there was a lot of back and forth in the past week. This is much better now.

The Preview pane loads very fast and doesn't require a full page reload. Another cool new feature.

The only thing I'm not really liking so far is the Facebook Share button under every user. I avoid Facebook and I'll likely never click that link. It's a visual distraction and if it was possible to disable it in my profile (so that I don't ever see it), I would do so right away.

Other than that, there are a lot of really good improvements with this new forum.

Edit #2:

Is it just me or did the default font size just change to a bigger font? That was fast, and looks like a welcome improvement.
                              Last edited 10-20-2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Surely this isn't the way it's supposed to look is it? I assumed it was broken. please give us the old one back.
                                i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
                                Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Comment

Originally posted by Yurgon View Post
                                  Thanks a lot for providing a positive view to this change .. most of the items you mention, I hadn't noticed on a first view ... now I only miss an easy way to check on the latest threads

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
                                  For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1
                                  Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Comment

This really is the pits ...
                                    - 'The Dog's Rollocks' - sigpic is a water cooled behemoth :
                                    i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

Comment

I changed the look to "Denim" and I like it better.

Click your name/settings/account/forum style
                                      Buzz

Comment

Originally posted by BuzzU View Post
                                        I changed the look to "Denim" and I like it better.

Click your name/settings/account/forum style
                                        Or at the left side bottom of each page.
                                        sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Spoiler:
                                        1st rig:
                                        i5 6600k@4,3 GHz~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ ASUS Z170 Gaming Pro ~32 GB DDR-4 3000 Rip-Jaws V~ Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + 840 EVO 240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB HDD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ 43" Samsung 43"UHD QLED TV ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 4 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 3 TM MFDs on 2nd 24"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~
                                        2nd rig:
                                        Ryz 5 2600@3.85GHz, GTX970, 16GB DDR4@3200, X52pro, PS3cam w/ DELAN clip, 24"displ, Samsung 250 SSD Win10 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by Yurgon View Post

It'll take some getting used to, that's for sure.

What I'm seeing immediately is that URLs now reflect the name of the forum and thread, which is a huge plus IMO.

There's also....
                                          Thanks for your positivity in this otherwise pretty toxic thread.

Obviously there's room for improvement in some areas, but this forum has been live for a few hours and already some react like DCS might just as well stop all together.....

I totally agree with the positive notes you mention. In addition; I mostly browse this forum on my mobile (Android) and the main forum menu has improved imo. Easier on the eye. As for the sub-forum, the font sizes seems way to large, but I'm sure ED will fine tune this along the way.
                                          Last edited 10-20-2020, 05:38 PM. Reason: Grammer
                                          System specs:
                                          Spoiler:
                                          System specs: i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat

Comment

Working...
                                          X