Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get rid of this!
    A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 4.9GHz OC'd, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB OC'd, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Windows 10 (64-bit)
    Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis &
    OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.
    JUST CHOPPERS

Comment

I am ok with it.
      But then again, I am a chopper pilot and we adapt to anything real fast.
      XX

HP pro Reverb.

Current settings:
      Windows VR setting: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, 90Hz refresh rate.
      Steam: VR SS set to 100%, motionReprojectionMode set to "motionreproduction" and Locked in at 45 Hz display,
      DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 2 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA.
      My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed.
      VR Driver system:
      I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and 2080ti graphics card, 32 gigs Ram 3200 Hz. No OC at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGon View Post
        I'm curious, what do you guys prefer, the old or the new forum?
        Also: Are you mostly using the forums on a desktop or on a mobile?
        What were they thinking?! "Uhhh, Hey guys lets Eff up the forum format; whataya say?" I think that's how it must have gone. No one can screw things up this bad accidentally.

Comment

yep.
          I like it, just seems to work right for me.
          Once you Jet pukes get over it, I think it will sit alright with you too.... probably take a while mind.

HP pro Reverb.

Current settings:
          Steam: VR SS set to 100%, motionReprojectionMode set to "motionreproduction" and Locked in at 45 Hz display,
          DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 2 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA.
          VR Driver system:
          I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and 2080ti graphics card, 32 gigs Ram 3200 Hz. No OC at the mo.

Comment

Looks so amateurish .. forum we pick up free .. come on ! there are some good options but what we complain is the Navigation is horrible and the waste of space is terrible.. I am using the dark theme but it is seriously lacking of where about reference points..
            Fly it like you stole it..

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Trooper View Post
              I am ok with it.
              But then again, I am a chopper pilot and we adapt to anything real fast.
              XX
              I am glad that all three of you are happy with it.

Comment

I agree the new format is awful to read, and I am stuffed if I can find the ability to edit my signature.
                Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Sabre, CA, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J
                Metabox, i7-9750H, NVIDIA 1660Ti, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, Handbrake collective, Track IR4, Cougar MFDs, 1440p, vx3276-2k
                Syrian Airfields Syrian Enroute Chart PG Airfields

Comment

It’s not just the format, which is really bad, but also the host of problems like broken subscriptions, broken notifications, Tapatalk not working correctly. I get the desire to make mobile browsing better compared to the old forum, but this move strikes me as exactly the opposite of what is needed right now with that other mammoth flight sim potentially pulling away so many DCS fans recently — myself included.

Frankly if keeping up to date on the topics users care about becomes too much of a frustrating chore, it’s going to permanently drive them away. I hope that doesn’t happen, but in its current state this forum doesn’t offer much hope.
                  i7-9700K / MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon AC / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 Ti / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / VKB Gunfighter MkIII base + MCG Pro grip / LG 48" OLED

Comment

Preferred the old style to be honest,this new format is just tediously difficult to navigate,and.....if it ain't broke why fix it ?....just my two pennies worth,if this is the way ahead I don't think I'll be visiting as often as I did,sorry DCS.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Comment

Originally posted by shu77 View Post
                      I agree the new format is awful to read, and I am stuffed if I can find the ability to edit my signature.
                      I agree, it is very hard to find everything in this new Format. I did edit my signature using tips from many of the previous posts. I managed to find and use the forums built in HELP function for the same thing so here is the official link: https://forums.eagle.ru/help?q=signa..._signature_new
                      Master of None: | A-10C | P-51D | FC3 | F-86F | Ka-50 | SA342 | F-5E | UH-1H | F/A-18C | Suppercarrier | F-14 | Christen Eagle II |F-16C | M-2000C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | MiG-19 | MiG-21 | I-16 | P-47D | C-101 | A-10C II | MiG-15 | L-39 | Spitfire | >> i5-3570k 32GB - Vega56 - <<

Comment

90.58% prefer the old forum to this garbage; 9.42% prefer this last I looked at the poll. (308 votes). I truly cannot stand it, and in keeping to how I feel, am NOT checking this place daily anymore. I'll learn about updates and so forth other ways, because they're clearly "going to make this work" and we will never see the old setup again.
                        Sorry, no cool signature here.

Comment

Painful looking at this new setup

Comment

I subscribed to a lot of posts to help me learn DCS and avoid coming here and constantly asking questions until it was absolutely necessary, I had them categorised in folders to make them easier to find, now the folder option seems to have gone as well, I have to sift through 356 posts to find what I am looking for now. Granted some old posts do need to be deleted.
                            Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

Spoiler:
                            MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k
                            H100i CPU Cooler
                            16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red
                            MSI GTX980ti GPU
                            EVGA 850W PSU
                            Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD
                            128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)
                            Windows 10 X64 Professional
                            Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor
                            Trackir 5
                            MFG Crosswind pedals
                            T M Warthog Hotas

Comment

Totally BTW: Who else keeps reading into the signatures constantly because they're not separated by any means? Needs to be fixed as well...

Comment

I can't even find my subscriptions and see if anything new is posted in the specific ones that I'm interested in so I don't log in anymore. I used to check every day but now I don't bother anymore, except for this one post. Over and out!
                                | Strix X99 Gaming | i7 6800 @ 3.4 GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

Comment

It is encouraging to see the new FORUM User Interface Updates that keep coming.
                                  I just noticed the Previous and Next Page Navigation buttons now have Direction Arrows at the Top Right of the page. And now, new users will see proper icons for Upload Attachments, Toggle Advanced Editor and Add Smily at the Bottom Left of the page instead of the empty rectangles. Much less wasted space too! I realize there is a lot of work to do, and the important thing is to "keep rolling the ball forward."
                                  Thanks.
                                  Master of None: | A-10C | P-51D | FC3 | F-86F | Ka-50 | SA342 | F-5E | UH-1H | F/A-18C | Suppercarrier | F-14 | Christen Eagle II |F-16C | M-2000C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | MiG-19 | MiG-21 | I-16 | P-47D | C-101 | A-10C II | MiG-15 | L-39 | Spitfire | >> i5-3570k 32GB - Vega56 - <<

Comment

So my feelings on the new forum have not changed much and i still prefer the old visual style/coulour scheme and hope you add this back as an option. Again, i am not in the least asking for a rollback since a modernisation under the hood is a good thing.
                                    But: i surely have noticed me not coming here as frequently as i did because the individual subforums are a blackbox now. And this "latest active" thread being displayed right next to the subforum tab was really the appetizer to go and check out stuff. Actually, it would be cool if there could be three latest threads that are being displayed for every subforum. Or maybe add a "hover-over-popup" that displays the contents of a subforum so we can see whats up before clicking.
                                    So take your time and enhance incrementally!

Comment

As long as ED can fit in the popping Christmas lights, then I am doing OK.

HP pro Reverb.

Current settings:
                                      VR Driver system:

Comment

This change was badly thought out and shoddy in its implementation to say the least.

For what is effectively your most customer facing interface you never make such a drastic change without taking extra precautions. The sensible thing to have done would have been to run forum layouts side-by-side for example, or have an alternative read-only copy in the new format for people to experience and provide valuable feedback. What you don't do is a major upgrade and redesign, then stick your head in the sand when people complain. It's a long time since I've upgraded a vBulletin site, so perhaps the previous theme wasn't compatible and they're working on it. Fair enough, but that should have been tested beforehand offline and remediated prior to implementation.

Comment

The new forums are awful. Please put them back to how they were. The old forums were excellent and didn't need changing. It beggars belief that a supposedly professional organisation can take such an imbecilic decision.

(imho)
                                          System spec: Intel i7 8700K (3.7 / 4.7 GHz), Asus Prime Z370-A, Zotac GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5x Blower (1480 / 1582 MHz), 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600 3200 MHz, Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), AOC U3477PQU Monitor, Oculus Rift S, Saitek X52 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                          X