Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New forum VS Tapatalk

So the forum has been updated...
    (FYI, I am among the "don't fix what isn't broken" guys)

I basically exclusively use Tapatalk to manage my forum presence. Guess what, it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Is there any plans for this functionality to come back?
    Since it disappeared from the x-plane.org forums a couple of years ago I hardly ever visit there anymore.

Hoping for a positive, official answer...

(don't expect me to review this thread very often due to above issue...)
    Helicopters and Viggen
    DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta
    Win7 Pro 64bit
    i7-3820 3.60GHz
    P9X79 Pro
    32GB
    GTX 670 2GB
    VG278H + a Dell
    PFT Lynx
    TrackIR 5

Same here, hope tapatalk comes back.

Comment

I also used Tapatalk, but this new forum works well on a mobile browser
      Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S

Comment

Yup, 95% of use via Tapatalk previously. Somewhat miffed it is no longer supported. Please sort it out guys, it's a downgrade in its current state.

Comment

Originally posted by hornblower793 View Post
          Maybe, but it requires a browser to be open to see notifications.
          In Tapatalk:
          * I get notifications on the notification bar regardless what app im currently using or if I have my phone in my pocket
          * I have sound notifications
          * all subforums I subscribe to are listed at one location
          * all new content in individual threads I subscribe to are listed at one location
          * sub-subforums to subforums I subscribe to didn't generate notifications. Some might think this was a bad thing, but I liked it. For instance, I subscribe to the Heatblur subforum because I am only interested in the Viggen, J-35 Draken AI, Scandinavian map and other potential Swedish aircrafts. Going into the Heatblur subforum I immediately saw if anything had happen in the Viggen sub-subforum. Now I get notifications for F-14 sub-subforum related stuff, something I am completely uninterested in.
          * most likely I have forgotten about something
          Helicopters and Viggen
          DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta
          Win7 Pro 64bit
          i7-3820 3.60GHz
          P9X79 Pro
          32GB
          GTX 670 2GB
          VG278H + a Dell
          PFT Lynx
          TrackIR 5

Comment

Also 99% using Tapatalk... This is bad. As in really bad...
            Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
            Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 32GB | GeForce RTX 2080S - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Comment

Same here. If A forum is not on Tapatalk I stop using it altogether on the phone.
              sigpic

Comment

Same here - also was using Tapatalk -.-
                >> DCS liveries by golani79 <<

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I am not happy that Tapatalk is not working either - I have other forums and work with them all via Tapatalk
                  Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I am not happy that Tapatalk is not working either - I have other forums and work with them all via Tapatalk
                    Na, didn't criticize you, just listing some of the good stuff with Tapatalk not easily achievable with a browser forum, for anyone not knowing. Stating the forum works good on a mobile browser might make people believe our request is of minor importance when in fact it's quite major. Just wanted to highlight the real reasons.
                    Helicopters and Viggen
                    DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta
                    Win7 Pro 64bit
                    i7-3820 3.60GHz
                    P9X79 Pro
                    32GB
                    GTX 670 2GB
                    VG278H + a Dell
                    PFT Lynx
                    TrackIR 5

Comment

yes, works great! I have just tried twice to post a longer answer in the German forum section with the Ipad in the browser. Two chrashes, each time the written text is gone. This is of course a good way to reduce the traffic in the forum.

While I was writing this short answer, I had 6 error messages and was logged out of the system twice and had to log in again. I would like to attach the screenshots of the error messages to you. But guess what doesn't work ...

Comment

Hi all,

the forum is much improved now for mobile, but I will enquire about taptalk and let you all know.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Comment

Sorry Big gonna have to disagree about more mobile friendly. Whenever I go back I have to keep selecting latest post to see anything. Really not friendly to look at new topics quickly.

Comment

Or to get nice notifications about replies or requests for help

Comment

Originally posted by BIGNEWY View Post
                              Hi all,

the forum is much improved now for mobile, but I will enquire about taptalk and let you all know.

thanks
                              Thank you for quick reaction! ????

By the way, the „????“ was posted as a thumbup.. :-)

Comment

Thanks a lot BN, hope you will bring us Tapatalk back soon

Comment

Another Tapatalk user here very disappointed that the new forum isn’t working (yet?) with it.
                                  i7-9700K / MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon AC / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 Ti / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / VKB Gunfighter MkIII base + MCG Pro grip / LG 48" OLED

Comment

Thanks ED! Using Tapatalk now. But database is somewhat messed up it seems. Clicking old posts retrieves incorrect ones.
                                    Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Comment

+1 - back up and running now

Comment

Wonderful. I did enjoy the lack of Tapatalk spam while it lasted. Sigh. Who cares what you use on what device to post, endlessly?
                                        Jim

Dell T5500, X5687 CPU @3.6 GHz, 48GB DDR3, Zotac GTX 980, Windows 10 Pro. TMWH throttle & stick. Alienware AW3418DW monitor. TrackIR 5 with UTC MkII Pro clip. VKB Mk. III rudder pedals.

Comment

Working...
                                        X