Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to have a 3D printing forum in the cockpit builders / input output section?

It's probably used by modders as much as cockpit builders so not sure if its input/output or just general chit chat.

Comment

Change is site behaviour for modules

Hello,
      I think it would be a welcome addition to the site if the person looking through modules would not see the ones he already owns. The site would need an extra page for all the modules (a page where all the modules would be listed including price and all). This would make it easier to look at modules that you might want to buy.

My modules:
      Spoiler:

JF-17 | F-16C | FW190 A-8 | I-16 | MiG-19P | CE II | F-14 | YAK-52 | F/A-18C | AV-8B | AJS-37 | SPITFIRE LF MK. IX | F-5E | M-2000C | L-39 | MiG-15bis | C-101 | BF 109 K-4 | MiG-21BIS | FW 190 D-9 | F-86F | P-51D | A-10C | FC3 | SUPER CARRIER | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | PERSIAN GULF | NORMANDY | NEVADA | COMBINED ARMS | NS430 | CHANNEL MAP | P47

Comment

This picture : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...Fw190A8_18.jpg maybe should be removed/replaced, because it shows windscreen's frame from previous-issued cockpit model.
        Hardware : I7 7700K - Z270 gaming M5 - 32GB ( 4x8 ) ddr4 3200Mhz - 1080Ti gaming X - SSD M2 - TM Twcs / TM Rgt yaw pedals / MS sidewinder FF2 + TM Warthog - Oculus Rift CV1.

Comment

I'd appreciate a bug tracker instead of handling bugs via the forums. BT means efficient display of the issue at hand, categorizing severtiy, add tags, have a proper feedback channel via comments and mail notification, file attachments for logs and screenshots wetc., but without the hundreds of pages of chatter that make if tedious and harrassing to find specific information.
          Something like serverfault.com plus attachments would do.

Comment

Spam

Hello,
            I'm not sure where i can post this, so i figured i would put in suggestion area. I recently received a PM from here and it was a spam message. It was stating i could find a girlfriend. Is there a way for this to be controlled? Or at least a way to report this?

Sorry if placed in wrong area.

thank you for your time.
            John A.

Comment

Forum suggestion #1

I would really like to see this, (how do you call it? HSI? ) useful line

being present not only on the top of the showthread page but also on the bottom.

This would enhance forum navigation immensely.
              We scroll down to read newer answers in each thread and once done, we have to scroll all the way up again to locate this line and go back to the sub-forum we came from, to continue browsing the remaining threads. Above or under the "Tags" line would be an ideal spot to place it.

Using the browser's back function is not helping in situations that we have gone through several pages of a thread.

Forum suggestion #2

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional but If unread marks have an expiration period, they shouldn't. I see posts that I haven't read, marked as read.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
              Last edited 04-23-2020, 08:29 AM. Reason: typos
              sigpic
              ***Livery Catalog*** ***Livery downloads***

Comment

Suggestion: after me button.
                I would like to see what replies came after my last post. To see this I have to go my profile then find all post then click them to see what happened after me
                FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C II | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-4E
                Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria
                NS-430 | Supercarrier
                Wishlist: C-130 | UH-60 | AH-64

Youtube
                Z390 / i5 9400F / Gtx1070 / 32 GB Ram / 500 gb SSD and 1 tb HDD // CH Fighterstick - MS FFB2 - TM Warthog Throttle and Stick - CH Pro Pedals - TrackIR 4

Comment

Hi. Can any administrator check out my user account? This is the only place in the forum I can post on.

Comment

Sorry didn't read this whole thread...

How about a "Classifieds" section. To trade/buy/sell gear?
                    AMD Ryzen R9 3900X | 32GB DDR4 3600| NVidia 1080 Ti | Samsung Evo 500 NVME | Vive Cosmos Elite | Logitech RGB X 56 H.O.T.A.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Sr. View Post
                      Sorry didn't read this whole thread...

How about a "Classifieds" section. To trade/buy/sell gear?
                      https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=144

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Comment

^

Gracias!!
                        AMD Ryzen R9 3900X | 32GB DDR4 3600| NVidia 1080 Ti | Samsung Evo 500 NVME | Vive Cosmos Elite | Logitech RGB X 56 H.O.T.A.S.

Comment

Not sure if this has been suggested, but the userfiles section could be dramatically improved. I remember back in the day a certain publisher had similar restrictions, and a 3rd party beast spawned we know and love as av-sim now as a result.

Could you please consider adding filters to:
                          1) Top 10/20 most popular this week, month, year, all time --- would really help those of use who aren't around much to quickly identify the key content that would actually engage us in the game more and maybe buy more stuff...
                          2) Allowing #1 to work with filters applied, ie top 10 maps, top 10 mods, etc, or all
                          3) Filter by map, how can we not have this?
                          4) Singleplayer / Multiplayer

The business case here is pretty solid, how many games survive these days due to their mods alone. Spending some time here will certainly drive sales as players discover new and exciting things. I just stumbled upon Through The Inferno and now I'm engrossed and it's inspired me to build something myself. As it stands, you'd have to be a forum lurker to be in the know and find the useful stuff.

Comment

Since a "forum upgrade" is coming and this is one of the few decent-looking forums I'm on, I have a suggestion: don't turn this site into a "mobile-first" design. Too many other forums did, and the results are invariably hideous. DCS requires a proper monitor (or VR), and flying isn't really a job for the visually impaired, so I'd appreciate if the letters remain the size they're now after the upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon1-1 View Post
                              Since a "forum upgrade" is coming (...)
                              Huh?
                              Did you know? True Harrier fans contribute to the AV-8B Community Bugtracker!

Comment

Originally posted by Flagrum View Post
                                Huh?
                                https://forums.eagle.ru/announcement.php?f=&a=104
                                Jim

Dell T5500, X5687 CPU @3.6 GHz, 48GB DDR3, Zotac GTX 980, Windows 10 Pro. TMWH throttle & stick. Alienware AW3418DW monitor. TrackIR 5 with UTC MkII Pro clip. VKB Mk. III rudder pedals.

Comment

don't turn this site into a "mobile-first" design. Too many other forums did, and the results are invariably hideous.
                                  So much this. It's not really the most stylish forum I know but "hideous" is putting it mildly on mobile designs.
                                  I fly Hornet, so I can live by hideous, but if it gets in my way I get cross.

Comment

I hope the new redesign isn't hugely crazy with huge buttons and monotonic colors for touch devices and totally different layout, might take getting used to but we'll see.

Hopefully it's flexible and it can go through fine tuning, I hate to say it but sometimes the way forums look and work makes quite a big influence on how much I'll visit it, it can't be an eyesore, and I have a 1440p at 32 inches screen and well I've seen redesigns on other gaming sites and honestly I never liked them, took a year to get over it.
                                    Temporairly off for PC Maintenance and hiatus - DCS not installed - Specs may change
                                    Primary PC Specs Placeholder: Win10 x64 1607/14393, 1440p@75"32 - CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 @ 4.0GHz - GPU: Radeon RX 480 8GB - RAM: 32 GB, DCS SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, Saitek Cyborg X/FLY5 joystick.
                                    Secondary PC Specs Placeholder:
                                    Modules: A-10C II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP.
                                    Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Comment

I do hope this is the temporary default and not the final design. No mobile-style giant icons, but it still wastes 1/3rd of my screen. Really, simmers tend to own widescreen monitors, often multiple ones. What's that 4:3 compatible crap for? And no, it doesn't look good on a laptop, either.

Making sure the forum UI can adjust itself to the screen size should be a top-priority. It's not that hard, seeing as the old design did that.

Comment

I agree with above I highly dislike this new looks. Honestly it looks cheap and bland compared to the old. It is also a heck of a lot less friendly to a quick glance of the form on new topics. Please revert back to the old one or something similar.

Comment

I do hope this is the temporary default and not the final design. No mobile-style giant icons, but it still wastes 1/3rd of my screen. Really, simmers tend to own widescreen monitors, often multiple ones. What's that 4:3 compatible crap for? And no, it doesn't look good on a laptop, either.

Making sure the forum UI can adjust itself to the screen size should be a top-priority. It's not that hard, seeing as the old design did that.
                                          No mobile-style giant icons, true. But several features that were previously available automatically are now only available by clicking a tiny icon. For example, accessing the last not-yet-read posing in a thread was the default for the link behind the thread title. Now you have to hit that - what is it 4x4 px icon in front of the thread title.
                                          Why would anyone want to default to go to the beginning of a threat? "last not read posting" was soooo much more usefull ...

Or the last posting in a thread was accessible at the forum list and the thread list by clicking at the last poster link. Now this is also available by clicking an other tiny icon.

edit: "first not yet read thread"-link is actually available like it was, but not everywhere. It does not work in the "News" section and not here in "Customer Support".
                                          Last edited 10-20-2020, 01:58 PM.
                                          Did you know? True Harrier fans contribute to the AV-8B Community Bugtracker!

Comment

Working...
                                          X