TrackIr and Pilot Head Position

twistking

Hello,

when using TrackIr can i still change my Head Position in the Cockpit with keyboard commands?

I want to have my default head position a bit further back (on most modules, i want it as far back as possible). They way i did it since forever, is just going very near to my monitor, then pressing TrackIr Reset/Recentre and then going to my normal sitting position. This obviously works, but everytime i want to recentre my TrackIr i need to move akwardly close to the monitor again, which is stupid. Also it is a bit difficult to get Yaw and Pitch correct this way.

I was wondering if there was not an easier way to do that. Again, all i want to archieve is to have my virtual head further back than default position.

Thanks!

I don't know if moving the viewpoint will help since TrackIR uses axis and will probably start at the default point anyway, right after tracking is started, but you can try. Just turn off TiR, move the viewpoint with keys, save the view with Right Alt + Numpad 0.

You'd have to hit Enter every time you enter the cockpit/start the mission to get the saved position but it works for me - I'm just changing default FoV that way though, and it's not an axis in my TiR setup. Centering/reseting the view should also take you to the saved position.

If it doesn't work (tracking jumps to default right away) you'd have to edit lua files.

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Cockpit_Views

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

@draconus thanks for the reply. i think i tried that already, but i'm not a hundred percent sure and will double check. as you mentioned, i believe that trackIR always overwrites modification to the camera.

is there mabe a hidden way to tell trackIr directly that i want a 20cm offset on that one axis?

why don't you just change the fov for the module instead?

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

why don't you just change the fov for the module instead?

then i've probems reading the HUD. well, basically that's what i did for the longest time, but at some point i realized that the defautl view makes reading the HUD and ground target spotting way easier. it also feel a bit more natural for my screen size/distance... on a very big monitor i'd happily zoom out a little bit.

Hello,

when using TrackIr can i still change my Head Position in the Cockpit with keyboard commands?

I want to have my default head position a bit further back (on most modules, i want it as far back as possible). They way i did it since forever, is just going very near to my monitor, then pressing TrackIr Reset/Recentre and then going to my normal sitting position. This obviously works, but everytime i want to recentre my TrackIr i need to move akwardly close to the monitor again, which is stupid. Also it is a bit difficult to get Yaw and Pitch correct this way.

I was wondering if there was not an easier way to do that. Again, all i want to archieve is to have my virtual head further back than default position.

Thanks!

Have a look here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-topics/mods-and-apps/dcs-mods/94674-reworked-cockpit-views-with-proper-neck

Changes the default settings as well as describing what Parameters to modify for whatever you like.

• Like 1

52d_Sig_Pic3.png

Moving the viewpoint back will make your HUD "grow" - you can lose info on the edges. Fov change won't.

i know, i know. if i zoom out further, the HUD becomes too small for me to read, therefore i prefer to keep the default Fov and just move back a bit to get some more of the cockpit in view that way...