This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone,

I'm a long time fight sim enthusiast. Played Lock On years ago. Lots of Jane's flight sims and IL-2. I had been browsing around and found DCS and loved it. I have been playing since March, getting my skills back up. Glad to be back.

Iron Sights

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

I'm coming back to aviation sims, with DCS being my choice for combat and MSFS2020 for general aviation. Finally I got myself proper PC and VR googles and I'm amazed how sim reality has changed last few years.

Anyways, looking forward to have some great time here and in DCS virtual reality .

Cheers and warm greetings from Poland.
      Last edited by mak77; 10-11-2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Hi im Larchi, I used to fly the old Ka-50 module - badly, and now with a flash new PC I've been getting to know the old shark again. Got the Huey and the F-18 for some fun. I plan to fly with some fine people, when i get this chopper tamed.

Cheers from Australia.

Comment

• Hello Everybody from Canada.

Hi everybody I'm new to the DCS world. I have been watching a lot of Grim Reapers videos by Cap over the last few months especially during the lockdowns and have now installed DCS and getting active. My call sign is NightHawk or NightHawk1867 and my real name is Rick. I live in Southern Ontario Canada west of Toronto and originally from Great Britain (Glasgow). I am a big fan of aviation and served in the Canadian military for a short while before getting a couple of university degrees. I also fly in Microsoft Flight Simulator with the same call signs. Currently I'm flying around in Japan. In the real world i did have a glider pilots license and a vfr single engine license trained on the Cessna 152 with the Air Cadets (RCAC/RCAF). That was a long time ago. As a Canadian I'm a big fan of the F18 Hornet and Super Hornet. Sorry Cap. So I will probably buy the F18 and Flaming Cliffs next time they go on sale. An over educated coffee addict looking to get back into aviation and flight simulation.

Rick.

Comment

• Stand by for a fighter pilot

Greetings to all! I have arrived completely new to DCS, just within the last couple of months. I first noticed DCS via YouTube videos from ED and others, and specifically liked the way the Hornet looked and the high quality of the graphics in general. Once I had the right graphics hardware, I tested out the Community A-4E to verify acceptable performance and to convince myself it was worth the plunge to take on another learning curve with a new sim that had fairly accurate modeling of the Hornet's systems.

It's been a considerable amount of time since I last delved into any flight sims. I've been a prior user of MS Flight Simulator, from its earliest versions to the relatively large and customized FS2004 install which I last updated several years ago. I've created several minor mods for MSFS AI traffic, and done some custom repainting/reskinning work too. The flying I did in that platform was almost all single-player civilian airliner ops, with copious amounts of custom AI traffic installed by hand using text editors and config files.

On the combat sim side, I've used Jet, After Burner and other "game sims" for fun, LHX Attack Chopper, various Jane's aircraft, etc. I used the early versions of Falcon, ending up with a Falcon 4 BMS install in which I flew several campaigns and learned a pretty good deal about the F-16 systems & weapons.

My prime interest within DCS is (Super)carrier-based Hornet ops, likely with mission design/scripting to bring life to the default world which only awaits the Langoliers. I've got a bit of a technical background to go with some real-world piston flying time, and I've already figured out how to integrate basic MOOSE and Lua functionality into my custom test mission, as well as nail one _OK_ pass onto a moderately pitching deck in Case I. And I've learned how to deploy the Hornet's simpler ground attack weapons effectively too.

Once I free up some additional disk space I will definitely be getting the Persian Gulf and Syria maps. If a AH-64D Longbow Apache module were to appear, I would be all over that too. I have not contemplated any multiplayer stuff yet - perhaps in the future. I'm evaluating the available VR options and may make that move in the near future.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I hope to be able to make a small contribution towards improving this sim that has impressed me so far.
            Last edited by Cacetudo; 10-15-2020, 07:48 PM. Reason: spacing
            ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6 | i7-8550U 1.8-4 GHz | 16GB LPDDR3-2133 MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Win10 x64
            Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box | 8GB GDDR6-14000MHz | 3x Dell U2412M for 5760x1200
            CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

Comment

• My name is Stéphane, i’m french from Meru, Oise.
              Technical in mechanical-welding, and sheet metal work .
              53 year old, love practicing track day with my amazing Lotus Elise (don’t need any simulator for this).
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdwvoBPVTn4&t=185s
              Some years earlier I used to play with ADF F22 , and stop playing with computer for many reasons, get married, buy a house, have a kid , ect ect.
              Now I’m back to affairs, and naturally I’m going to try seriously DCS simulation .
              I’m here to find answers to questions I probably have, and for sure some help.
              Please excuse me for my bad English.

Comment

• Welcome stephane,
                Your lotus looks like great fun.Grab yourself a module or ten (lol) and have some fun there are plenty of community's out there that should cover your needs,maybe a french speaking squadron that will take you under their wing. I can't recommend it enough to anyone just starting or experienced to join a squadron as it will really enhance your immersion ,fun, and learning. Chucks guides are fantastic to get you started on a module so I'll leave you a link below.Welcome again and enjoy!

Chucks guides https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765

P.s just remember to check back periodically on the guides as he updates them frequently as DCS changes and evolves
                sigpic

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39 Albatros,Mirage2000C,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.
                OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.
                TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria.

Comment

• Tanks Fatboy.
                  Tasmanie, i see where it is, an island in south east of Australia, but i could just imagine how it is. In my dreams it is for sure fantastic !
                  i'm going to learn with the A 10 . The old one, alone first, for playing with the learning campains. After, use the new version to practice close formation fly,
                  After i'll learn to use the long list of weapons .
                  My English isn't very good, but it's a good way to make new friends, and improuve my English.

Comment

• Originally posted by At_Viper View Post
                    Please excuse me for my bad English.
                    Never apologise for your English. No need for that!
                    Win10 Pro 64-bit, i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, AsRock Extreme4, ASUS Strix 1080Ti OC 11GB, 32 GB DDR3 G.Skill 2400. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, Oculus Rift S.
                    Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Comment

• Originally posted by At_Viper View Post
                      After, use the new version to practice close formation fly
                      Welcome to the forums, and to DCS!

Just a quick hint: the old and the new A-10 fly exactly the same. You can use either of them for formation flying, it shouldn't make any difference at all.

Well, okay, there's one difference. The HMCS can help you find your wingman if you've lost sight. When you learn formation flying: don't use it!
                      Learn to keep your wingmen in sight without the HMCS or the other avionics. You will become a better pilot if you learn it this way.

And: I would suggest to learn formation flying in Multiplayer. The game's AI pilots all use a simplified flight model. Their turns, climbs, accelerations and so on are all different from player controlled aircraft.

If you can find someone experienced with formation flying, your learning experience will be 100 times better than practicing with the AI!

Comment

Working...
                      X