DCS install drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCS install drive

Wondering can you install DCS on another drive excluding C drive ,and run all the programs needed within DCS The same as if they were on C drive

Originally posted by Jack Watts View Post
    Wondering can you install DCS on another drive excluding C drive ,and run all the programs needed within DCS The same as if they were on C drive
    Yes you can.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Intel i5 7600k @3.8Ghz|Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3000mhz|Gigabyte Z270 HD3|Thrustmaster Flightstick| T-16000M Throttle| Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Comment

Like already said. Yes. To have it run like it is on C, you need to use hardlinks/symbolic links. But that is NOT necessary. Just move your whole DCS install to the drive of your choice, and run it from there.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet MAXsenna ! your always helping others and thats truely awesome !
        AW-R9 - I7 9700K - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX2080 Super - 32gb HyperX AWCC OC Ram2 @2933Mhz
        Monitor AW2518H @ 240Hz - TM Warthog- Monstertech mounts

Stable and Open Beta
        Start Date March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Burt View Post
          Sweet MAXsenna ! your always helping others and thats truely awesome !
          Thank you for your kind words Burt! [emoji1]

Comment

Comfirm MAXsenna

Want to make sure I’ve got this correct, When I download DCS to a Sata 3 - SSD additional internal drive, let’s say F Drive !
            I don’t need to hard link – Symbolic Link to F Drive, DCS on F drive should run exactly the same as if it was on C Drive, is that correct ?

By the way thank you for your help MAXsenna greatly appreciated. Thank you !
            Last edited 10-09-2020, 01:56 AM.

Comment

The Saved Games\DCS folder by default resides on system drive (you might need to tinker with symbolic links to move that one - IF you want or need to do it at all, that is), but the game folder itself can be located anywhere else on your computer.
              i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Comment

Want to make sure I’ve got this correct, When I download DCS to a Sata 3 - SSD additional internal drive, let’s say F Drive !
                I don’t need to hard link – Symbolic Link to F Drive, DCS on F drive should run exactly the same as if it was on C Drive, is that correct ?

By the way thank you for your help MAXsenna greatly appreciated. Thank you !
                Yes! You don't even have to re-download. Just move your installation folders to F. Change the path for your shortcuts, and your good to go. (Better use Skatezilla's launcher of course). If you plan on using programs like VAICOM, you might want to change registry settings as well, but that's easy.
                As Art-J says, if you want to move your saved games folders, those hardlinks comes in handy.
                I run both stable and OB, and I share some of the Saved Games folders between them, like mods and input, missions etc. I then use hardlinks to folders on the same drive I have the core installs on.
                Cheers!

Comment

SkateZilla's launcher (your starting point into DCS): https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053
                  Win10 Pro 64-bit, i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, AsRock Extreme4, ASUS Strix 1080Ti OC 11GB, 32 GB DDR3 G.Skill 2400. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, Oculus Rift S.
                  Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Comment

Originally posted by Lange_666 View Post
                    SkateZilla's launcher (your starting point into DCS): https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053
                    Good one! Should have added it myself, but it's a bitch browsing the forum on my phone!
                    Thanks!

Comment

Moving 'Saved Game' Folders

Moving Saved Game Folders

Hi, my question is similar. I was able to install DCS onto my D drive however the saved game folders were installed on C drive under users and I want to move them to the D drive.

Can I simply copy and paste to the D drive the 'DCS' folder with sub folders from the C saved game folder and then delete the C drive folders? And DCS program will find them in the D drive.

Thanks, Rick.

ps saw the 'DCS updater GUI utility' post and reading that over now.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk1867 View Post
                        ... I was able to install DCS onto my D drive however the saved game folders were installed on C drive under users and I want to move them to the D drive.

Can I simply copy and paste to the D drive the 'DCS' folder with sub folders from the C saved game folder and then delete the C drive folders?
                        No, dont do that .. Saved Games is a special Windows folder, to move it: right click on it, then Properties, then Location. On my spanish windows it looks like this:

You may need to manually create the destination folder, for example "D:\Saved Games"
                        For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
                        For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1
                        Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Comment

Meanings

Where do you find Abbreviation and there meanings, mostly used in DCS, like (CAP,SEAD)

Comment

Where do you find Abbreviation and there meanings, mostly used in DCS, like (CAP,SEAD)
                            DCS forum, internet...
                            G4560@3,5GHz/DDR4-16GB/GTX970-4GB/SATA3-SSD, Win7-64, 27"LCD-FullHD, T16000M HOTAS, customTiR
                            Aircraft: FC3, F-14B
                            / Supercarrier / Maps: NTTR, PG

Comment

Thank you Rudel

Re Moving Saved Games: Thanks for the tip and easy solution, took only a few seconds.

[Hopefully an english language screenshot will appear below].
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X