Su 25-T skidding out of control on the runway

Hi,

Whenever I select Training in the Nevada module and do a 'cold' start with the Su 25-T, the plane starts sliding allover the runway during take-off as soon as I reach a certain speed (below the roll speed). It feels like the runway tilts to one side; rudder input is useless. I reset my joystick, re-entered all axes inputs and added curvatures and reasonable dead zones. I tried a mission earlier today and I did not experience the same pronounced skidding before take-off. I use a Thrustmaster joystick T16000M, with no rudder pedals. I am not sure the issue is the joystick. The plane starts on a straight line and, with no input from me, starts sliding allover the runway until it's practically out of control. Taking off is really challenging like that. I use the same joystick with X-Plane and MSFS2020, where I don't experience such issues.

Was that particular model and / or module designed with a defect during take-off? Why is this happening??

Thanks for any feedback or suggestion!

That "Instant Action" mission (not a training mission) has a 10kt (5m/s or 11mph) direct crosswind. When the airplane is rolling down the runway, the wind is approaching nearly directly from the airplane's left. The vertical surfaces of the tail act as a large metal sail and are struck by this wind all through the takeoff. It is pushed by this wind, as a result the tail moves to the right. The airplane rotates around the main landing gear (and center of mass) which results in the nose drifting left. The wheels are turned to the left slightly by this rotation, and as a result the airplane veers to the left.

You must apply the correct amount of right rudder to correct for this yaw all through the takeoff. It can be a little twitchy if you are inexperienced. And it is a good idea to apply left roll too, to prevent the wind from getting under the left wing and rolling the aircraft to strike the right wing tip on the pavement as well. Once airborne, neutralize the controls and allow the airplane to turn into the wind allowing it to correct for the drift while airborne.

• Like 1

Forget the training missions and simply plonk your SU-25 on any runway in the editor with zero wind and see how you go, it takes less than 5 minutes to create editor missions they're so easy.

Personally I rarely use training missions for anything because they're all pre-set and i feel like I'm being railroaded.

@randome TOTEN > Thank you for the tip. I corrected with some slight steering to the right and it worked. Also, I noticed that using one and not degrees of flaps helps.

@PoorOldSpike > This is not a mission, rather an Instant Action event (I had that wrong in my question) but I agree with you there!

Thanks guys! :) I love this game and this plane :)