List of module sizes

Hi, new user here. I will be getting the game and a few modules soon, and was wondering if there is a list of exactly how big the game and modules are. The store just says either 60 or 120GB on everything, and I need to figure out how big of a SSD I should get (I won't be getting all modules, just a few).

@Frederf - these are sizes when checking only mods folder. Keep in mind though, that many modules store lots of data in coremods folder as well. MiG-21 for example has over 3 GB of extra content over there (mostly liveries).

@graywolf71 - The barebones, basic DCSW with only free content in it is probably about 80 GB nowadays, but installer needs extra space for files extraction, hence the quoted 120 I suppose. Maps are the main resource hogs, being between 15 and 35+ GB each.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Steam barebones is about 78.074GB for me. Yes, 1TB is plenty for DCS and maybe a few other games. If you own all official modules and maps, the space takes up about 280-310GB if I remember correctly.

...these are sizes when checking only mods folder. Keep in mind though, that many modules store lots of data in coremods folder as well. MiG-21 for example has over 3 GB of extra content over there (mostly liveries).

Yes, but as the name implies coremods content comes with DCS World, not the module itself, ie. MiG-21bis.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria