MiG 29 keeps freezing in single player

Hi, I am new to DCS and have just installed MiG 29. But whenever I try to fly it (single player training or instant action mission) it randomly freezes sometimes it take 10-15 mins and I have to restart my PC, but same thing happens every time I fly MiG 29. I even deleted the module reinstalled and repaired DCS but same problem persists. This never happens with the free Su 25.

I have latest version of Stable DCS as of 28 Oct 2020.

Windows 10 2004 (20H1) and latest stable game ready NVIDIA drivers (GTX 1650 OC)

I would try again after setting Windows page file much larger from 2GB to about 30. Also make sure your AV software doesn't block/delete any DCS or Mig files.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I would try again after setting Windows page file much larger from 2GB to about 30. Also make sure your AV software doesn't block/delete any DCS or Mig files.

Thanks for the advice but sadly 30gb page file didn't work so I reverted back to Automatic page file (default setting).

But finally I was able to figure out what was causing this issue. It was 100% Disk usage, whenever I had such freezes my disk usage was at 100%, CUP hardly went above 60-70% RAM usage was also under 80% (2x 8GB). So 100% disk usage was the culprit. I stopped and disabled Windows update service, Windows search services and Connected User Experiences and Telemetry service, and voila it worked, after this my disk usage never went above 20% most of the time it remained 0% sometimes there were spikes till 20% usage but that didn't cause game to freeze.

If someone is facing this issue do the following:

1. Press Win + R key

2. Type in "services.msc" without quotes

3. Search for Windows Update

4. Right click => properties => Click Stop button => make Startup type as Disabled

5. Repeat step 4 for Windows search and Connected User Experiences and Telemetry service.

You can re-enable Windows Update to update your windows (disabling this service will stop windows from updating)

Thx for sharing. Afair Windows 10 can still reenable the services (update) for itself but there are different ways to stop it. Are you still on HDD?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Thx for sharing. Afair Windows 10 can still reenable the services (update) for itself but there are different ways to stop it. Are you still on HDD?

Yes Windows 10 was restarting the service even when it was disabled, but this happens only after I restart my PC, so if I disable it once in that particular session it stays disabled

and yes I am on HDD I don't have an SSD.