Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Copmuter : Which files should I transfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Copmuter : Which files should I transfer?

Hi! Sorry I tried to find the answer with the search but didnt get the Full answer…

I just installed DCS on a new computer (fresh install, everything good). I want to copy now my SAVED GAMES files from the old computer to the new in order to get my old key bindings etc… I know that the content of the config/input folder is where the peripherals (HOTAS) configurations are stored (and I am aware of the numbering/naming thing that one has to be careful with in order for Windows to recognize the right device).

But!: I am not so sure about all the rest of the SAVED GAMES/DCSopenbeta folder??? Should I copy and paste the content of the whole folder? Which files should I pick in order to get all my old SNAPVIEWS, LABELS, KEYS, etc…

Thanks so much

JEFX
    sigpic
    In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...
    In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP

I did the same thing and I copied:

Config, Kneeboard, Liveries, Misisons, Screenshots, Sounds (some mods) and Tracks.
    i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX970 | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win7HPx64)
    Samsung 27" | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | Trustmaster MFD Cougars & 2 x 8"TFTs | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 SwitchPanel & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
    MY MODS | Discord: Devrim#1068

Mi-24P Hind EN Cockpit WIP: %95

Comment

Thanks Devrim, sounds logical.
      There are some files I know less that I wonder...
      sigpic

Comment

copy your files with robocopy according to the following example:

robocopy "F:\User\xxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" "C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" /e /copyall

insert your name for xxxx and adjust the drive letters. with robocopy and the information below, you can ensure that all attributes remain available. Start cmd as administrator and enter the line. Then I w.ould delete the contents of "fxo" and "metashaders2". Before you can transfer the files, DCS must be started once.

Comment

Originally posted by JEFX View Post
          But!: I am not so sure about all the rest of the SAVED GAMES/DCSopenbeta folder??? Should I copy and paste the content of the whole folder? Which files should I pick in order to get all my old SNAPVIEWS, LABELS, KEYS, etc…
          I have this document that explain mosts of the User Folders of DCS.
          Hopefully it will clear out most of your questions.

Eduardo
          Attached Files
          For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
          For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1
          Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Comment

wow thanks guys, what a quick and informative bunch of answers!!!
            I havent changed my comp in 10 years (besides the Gr. Card) and now I just updated to an i9 9900K !
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X