About this Squadron

Welcome to Virtual Air Wing 99 (VCAW-99), your premier destination for immersive DCS World aviation experiences! At VCAW-99, we pride ourselves on our dedication to realism, camaraderie, and continuous improvement. As a member of our virtual wing, you'll join a community of passionate flight enthusiasts who share a love for aviation and a commitment to excellence. Our operations are structured around two scheduled flights per week, held every Thursday and Sunday at 8:00 PM Eastern Time. These flights provide thrilling opportunities to engage in coordinated missions, hone your piloting skills, and embark on epic virtual adventures with fellow wing members. To ensure that all members are well-prepared for the challenges of virtual flight, we offer a comprehensive training program that covers essential techniques, procedures, and tactics. New members are required to complete this program within 60 days of joining, equipping them with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in our virtual skies. As part of our commitment to active participation and teamwork, we expect all members to fly at least one of the scheduled flights per week. This ensures that our missions are well-supported and our wing remains vibrant and engaged. Whether you're a seasoned veteran or a newcomer to the world of virtual aviation, VCAW-99 welcomes you to embark on an exciting journey filled with thrilling missions, unforgettable experiences, and lasting friendships. Join us today and soar to new heights with Virtual Air Wing 99! https://vcaw99.com/join-us/
  1. What's new in this squadron
  2. On behalf of Carrier Air Wing One I'd like to wish all a very Merry Christmas.
  3. Another issue I've experienced, and "think" it is net code issue is when landing on the carrier sometimes the aircraft will float. I've tested this in one session online with heavy weight 34,600lbs cut the throttle prior to the stern and the aircraft floats over the wires by 6' as though it is being held up. Tested the same mission off line and the sink rate is predicable and accurate (in my opinion). Cutting the throttle in the same location at just prior to the stern will cause the aircraft to descend enough it will impact the stern testing this offline; online the jet floats. Could this be packet loss or some such?
  4. As an online wing we feel there is still room to improve the net code. - We often experience things such as some members detecting SA radars while others in the same flight do not see them. - Cloud data should be synchronized with all players. - Stutters and long pauses is still an issue online, occasionally causing sim crash.