ED Forums - Waxi's Album: My CDU Replica

Notices

My CDU Replica
Some photos of my CDU replica.
CDU MUX board schematics (top view).
CDU MUX board schematics (bottom view, mirrored).
CDU top assembly with buttons inserted and 3.5" TFT mounted.
The buttons made from 4 layers of clear Plexiglas. Labels are printed on self-adhesive transparencies (Avery Zweckform 3482).
The buttons made from 4 layers of clear Plexiglas. Labels are printed on self-adhesive transparencies (Avery Zweckform 3482).
The electronics board with the 67 push buttons, the 42 backlight LEDs and the transistor for driving the LEDs (side view).
The electronics board with the 67 push buttons, the 42 backlight LEDs and the transistor for driving the LEDs (bottom view).
The electronics board with the 67 push buttons, the 42 backlight LEDs and the transistor for driving the LEDs (top view).
The electronics board with the 5 Ti CD74HC4067 MUXes for multiplexing the button inputs (bottom view). Not nice but it works ;-)
The electronics board with the 5 Ti CD74HC4067 MUXes for multiplexing the button inputs (top view). Not nice but it works ;-)
The 3.5" TFT display. I bought it from: http://www.lcdstore.de/
CDU test assembly.
Screenshot of the software I wrote for translating between a modified version of Gadrocs' DCS Export.lua (the one that comes with HELIOS) and my...
CDU final assembly, side view.
Illuminated CDU (LED brightness set to about 8%) with new set of button labels and working 3.5" TFT.
Illuminated CDU (LED brightness set to about 80%) with new set of button labels and working 3.5" TFT.
CDU with first set of button labels.