Bugs or Features?:)

yanivher

Hi,

I have bought the A-10 and have previously owned the FC2 combat sim.

1. After i downloaded the DCS world and start the game i have notice that somtimes the screen loose focus and i have to press the 'windows' button on my keyboard and then press the game on the toolbar to do anything on the screen.

It happens always on the brief screen, where when i press the 'FLY' button nothing happens and i have to lose focus and retain it again. (when i press the 'break' key - it actually starting the game so maybe it isn't a focus issue).

Another thing is when moving the mouse on the start screen sometimes my desktop icons flash. (so again, it looks like some focus.. i don't really understand this).

2. Also, funny thing:

I have downloaded the FC3 beta and wanted to give it a try, but when i try to fly one of the aircraft all i can see is part of the plain as like it doesn't rendered successfully.

I have seen few posts over the web that people played the FC3. So why can't i?

I should mention that every time i start some module (A-10 or FC3 or even DCS WORLD) i get a windows asking for the activation key of FC3 there i must press 'EXIT' in order to continue.

I haven't bought the FC3 yet but i figured i can play the beta for free. isn't that so?

I have a strong PC and i play the game with high details and it flows great.

I have tried lower the details but it didn't fix problem #2

i would appreciate any help.

Edited by yanivher
mistake

2. Also, funny thing:

I have downloaded the FC3 beta and wanted to give it a try, but when i try to fly one of the aircraft all i can see is part of the plain as like it doesn't rendered successfully.

I should mention that every time i start some module (A-10 or FC3 or even DCS WORLD) i get a windows asking for the activation key of FC3 there i must press 'EXIT' in order to continue.

This is the problem:

I haven't bought the FC3 yet but i figured i can play the beta for free. isn't that so?

You can play for free but then you will not have a cockpit.

In order to access the Beta you need to pre-purchase the SIM and activate with the serial you get. If not you'll experience the issue as you explained above.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

As a clarification: Beta access is a reward for those that pre-order the product.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hi,

I have bought the A-10 and have previously owned the FC2 combat sim.

1. After i downloaded the DCS world and start the game i have notice that somtimes the screen loose focus and i have to press the 'windows' button on my keyboard and then press the game on the toolbar to do anything on the screen.

It happens always on the brief screen, where when i press the 'FLY' button nothing happens and i have to lose focus and retain it again. (when i press the 'break' key - it actually starting the game so maybe it isn't a focus issue).

Another thing is when moving the mouse on the start screen sometimes my desktop icons flash. (so again, it looks like some focus.. i don't really understand this).

2. Also, funny thing:

I have a strong PC and i play the game with high details and it flows great.

I have tried lower the details but it didn't fix problem #2

i would appreciate any help.

1. It's a Mouse Cursor Control Problem, A Service running is constantly polling for the Mouse Cursor, so When DCSW GUI Closes and Loads Up the Renderer, Windows or the Service Regain Mouse Cursor Control from DCSW's GUI Process. Keyboard and Stick Commands will still work, but the Mouse wont. Pressing WIN key isnt the Solution, it will restore Mouse to the Renderer Process, but you'll also restore Windows 7 Aero GUI Commands to the DX Pipe and they Both Fight for the DirectX Pipe, which is why you see your pinned Icons though your game on the bottom flickering.

My Solution is to ALT-TAB, then ALT-TAB Back, without opening the start menu.

Rebooting my PC Usually resolves the issue, until you click on something while DCSW is Transitioning from the GUI Processes to the Rendering Processes.

2. It's Asset Protection, You're Seeing the Inside of the Aircraft without the Cockpit or any Flaming Cliffs 3 Protected Content being Rendered.

FC3 even in BETA is not free, you must Pre-Order FC3 to get a Serial KEY to Activate Assets.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I dont get black buildings in the TGP.. so <shrug>, maybe I'm lucky.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs